'69 hurst/olds where might you be?

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2013, 07:46 PM

Whoa! Who said I was out? When monopoly money came into play we developed a business plan that was binding. This aint over yet boys, I'm coming at you full force! $69, 696.96 AND pogos car since he is such a nice guy
Old March 21st, 2013, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by ah64pilot
Whoa! Who said I was out? When monopoly money came into play we developed a business plan that was binding. This aint over yet boys, I'm coming at you full force! $69, 696.96 AND pogos car since he is such a nice guy
Since Scot said you were out, then that means he should go directly to jail and he can't pass GO to collect $200. That should hurt his "wallet" on his next bid
Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:09 AM
C.W. Griswold

You all need something better to do....

Why do you sound...well, feminine?

I think you need something to occupy your time.......

Ask her...you're not strangling her.

Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:37 PM

Bump
Old March 23rd, 2013, 09:51 AM

Has the car sold yet ?
Old March 24th, 2013, 11:56 AM
NôôB

Now when we get his car and part it out stephen all we have to do is put the forge part on mine or the new one fort a minute and therefore it actually came out of a real hurst/olds. That has to raise the price more right? It would be like buying a starter jersey that michael jordan wore. And you guys said you were the business people here
Old March 24th, 2013, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by sicky olds
Now when we get his car and part it out stephen all we have to do is put the forge part on mine or the new one fort a minute and therefore it actually came out of a real hurst/olds. That has to raise the price more right? It would be like buying a starter jersey that michael jordan wore. And you guys said you were the business people here
I like the way you're thinking!
Old March 24th, 2013, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by sicky olds
Yeah, but we'll use the real parts on a '72 H/O Clone just because we can
Old March 24th, 2013, 02:51 PM

Yeah, but we'll use the real parts on a '72 H/O Clone just because we can
That would make it a 1 of 1, so the sky is the limit for its asking price!
Old March 25th, 2013, 09:24 AM

"I am not completely sold on a tribute car (clone) I dont mind spending the extra $$ I am not an olds expert, but I have several friends out here that are."
====================================

Here you go then:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...tml?refer=news

Meh, no-AC

Last edited by Octania; March 25th, 2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old March 25th, 2013, 04:58 PM

Bump
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:26 PM

Did this car ever sell ?
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:33 PM

pmed him 3 or 4 times no response ???
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:37 PM

What a cool car. Wonder who ended up with it?
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:39 PM
C.W. Griswold

The car has not been sold, I have been told that we are waiting on an appraisal that will be objective. This is directly from the husband so I will wait to hear....
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:46 PM

That's good to know... So are you buying it Daniel ? I Hope So... I would like just to look at the car, I'm local.. I don't have that kind of money, but would like to see the car.
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:43 AM
C.W. Griswold

I don't have the money in hand but the bank does! The problem is that it is going to be more than my house payment.... Regardless, it will be worth it.
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:27 PM

Post some pictures when you get the car.
Old April 18th, 2013, 02:45 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by Daniel Marsh
I don't have the money in hand but the bank does! The problem is that it is going to be more than my house payment.... Regardless, it will be worth it.
Just some insight on when i financed my H/O from the bank. The bank that i used i had to have 20% down. They also only would go up to 20k on the car due to that is the low value on NADA. My payment was about 450 a month and that was cause they would only do a 4 year loan on this.

So with that said, even if the car is only going to sell for 40k and the bank somehow lets you get a loan for that, you will most likely have to have 8k for a down payment. Then with that other 32k a month it will come out to about 670 bux a month with a 4 year plan, that is not including the interest rate. Using an interest rate calculator and and putting it at about 6% interest will add 7680 to the price making the total 39680 after interest is added in. then when you put that into monthly terms of the 4 year term you are spending 826.67 a month on this car.

I am not sure how your money situation is but that seems like a hefty monthly payment for 4 years. And judging by how you say you dont have the money but the bank does implies that you dont really have any money saved up to make this big of a purchase...

Just hope not to see this car back up on sale adding to the number of owners who owned it (therefore dropping the price of the car) or even worse seeing it Repossessed. But i have stated it before that I do not know you or your lifestyle, and you might have found a better bank to deal with. I am just throwing the numbers out there per my experience and looking at what has been said on this thread.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Ca...t-Coupe/Values
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:08 PM
C.W. Griswold

No worries, the finance company has a minimum of 20k and a minimum term of 4 years. They also only require 10% down. Besides, under Obama cars are surely a better investment than a house so well worth it. The problem is I will now have to sell the W30 that is currently off the frame.....
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:12 PM

When you get the car, I would like to check it out.... I'm local....
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:22 PM

No worries, the finance company has a minimum of 20k and a minimum term of 4 years. They also only require 10% down. Besides, under Obama cars are surely a better investment than a house so well worth it. The problem is I will now have to sell the W30 that is currently off the frame.....
JJbest ? What w-30 do you have ?

/

Last edited by firefrost gold; April 18th, 2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:08 AM
C.W. Griswold

Originally Posted by firefrost gold
JJbest ? What w-30 do you have ?

/
First of all, thanks for not being one of those previous guys that I really don't want to argue with. You have been pleasant to talk (type) with and I appreciate that.

My W30 is a 1969 Glade Green white stripe no vinyl top car. It has a white/black bench seat 4 speed interior and should be really neat when done. It is a <70k mile original car that was sporting its original paint when I got it. It is a no power steering, no power drum brakes, and a close ratio 4 speed with 3:91 posi out back. I have everything except the correct block. The sought after "D" heads are there with a '70 fresh 455 and a fresh M21 as well. Quite the deal for the 10k I paid for it! I, last weekend, found the shredded remains of the invoice from I do believe Rod Rich Chevrolet in northern Ohio. The good thing is the second owner is not only alive but willing to talk to me extensively as they would love to have it back. This helps when verifying a car without documentation.

Yes, JJ will be financing the Hurst Olds if the dream becomes a reality. There is still a very small and crazy chance that I will be able to keep the "W" but we will see. I was trying to build a small collection as I still have my '84 Hurst as well that I bought when I was 17. Sure would be a nice stable of Oldsmobiles.....
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:22 AM

I have dealt with JJ, and it went well, hopefully the same for you.
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:57 AM

you need to start a thread on that w car !! New old pics if you have any . I too have used JJbest only grip was just when I got the info to them they sold off my loan to another They do send a guy out to look at the car so title and tags match that sort of stuff to cover their side of the deal . Is nice if its a out of state deal.
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Old School Olds

Good luck Danial.
I hope all goes well for you.
Post up some pics of the W car.
There would be many interested
just to see them, myself included, Adam.
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:49 PM

Daniel, Any luck with buying the Hurst Olds ?
Old May 16th, 2013, 05:33 AM
C.W. Griswold

Its rather sad really, went from 20k to 30 to 35 and now all the way up to an asking price of 70k. I am still trying to figure out what all of the promises and such were about over the years. In all actuality I probably will have lost out in the end due to Ventura1 creating an account so as to inherit more money one day as a son in law.
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:02 PM

Promises go away once the car hit the internet. It's all about the money & I guess you can't blame them .
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:16 PM
NôôB

Originally Posted by 65B01Delta
Promises go away once the car hit the internet. It's all about the money & I guess you can't blame them .

That you cant, def not that many all original H/Os out there. If you are selling something why not try to get the most out of it.
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM

My friend has a 69 H/O on ebay, right now under 442. The car is loaded with options, right down to the tape deck. I have been in the Olds club for over 20 years, and this is one of the best ones I have seen. Everything works this guy is a fanatic with this car. He is asking $100,000, as of this morning it was up to $51,000. A bit pricey, but I think it would be a hard car to beat in a show, he's won many many trophies.
Old May 18th, 2013, 03:18 AM

Daniel, Did the car ever sell ?
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:25 AM
C.W. Griswold

Originally Posted by 65B01Delta
Daniel, Did the car ever sell ?
No, I was told by the owner's husband that they are asking 70,000. I told them I felt that was way high considering condition and that I wanted to know what a good buy number was. He said, " we will keep you posted" which tells me I will find out first that they sold it. He told me there were a couple of guys that wanted to see it but when I asked where it was advertised I was told it isn't. THat brings me to the question, how do they know of it, and are they just trying to eliminated me from the picture. If that is the case I would rather just know. The whole problem is that I am not able to talk to the actual owner Marilyn. Keep your fingers crossed for me as it is not over yet!
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:12 AM

you need to start a thread on that w car !! New old pics if you have any . I too have used JJbest only grip was just when I got the info to them they sold off my loan to another They do send a guy out to look at the car so title and tags match that sort of stuff to cover their side of the deal . Is nice if its a out of state deal.
[QUOTE=Daniel Marsh;548476]No, I was told by the owner's husband that they are asking 70,000. I told them I felt that was way high considering condition and that I wanted to know what a good buy number was. He said, " we will keep you posted" which tells me I will find out first that they sold it. He told me there were a couple of guys that wanted to see it but when I asked where it was advertised I was told it isn't. THat brings me to the question, how do they know of it, and are they just trying to eliminated me from the picture. If that is the case I would rather just know. The whole problem is that I am not able to talk to the actual owner Marilyn. Keep your fingers crossed for me as it is not over yet![/QUOTE

Wow! I just stumbled across this thread and did it ever get out of hand. Daniel it is obvious you are very passionate and attached to this car and understandably so. You did the right things in staying in contact with the owners over the years. However you cannot blame the owners for asking what the car is worth now that they have decided to sell. I am sure you would do the same. Just because they are asking 70k doesn't mean they will get it. Make a offer you are comfortable with and let the chips fall where they may. Good luck
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:34 AM
eds

Totally different situation, but impresses me as somewhat relevant.

My wife and I currently want to buy a home in a certain town. We sold our last home, and are positioned to be cash buyers. We know of a RE agent who bought exactly the type of home we wish to buy. She intends to rehab it and resell it.
-We offered her to pay what she paid, as well as whatever profit she intended to make. Our preference was simply that she not make the changes so we could do exactly what we wanted. She was not even willing to discuss this.
-We then made what we thought was a decent offer in the neighborhood of what it would appraise for once finished. We were very willing to negotiate up. She would not even counter, saying simply that she wanted to finish the house.

So it seems as tho we simply need to wait until she chooses to market it, and then make an offer. I suspect she wants to get into a bidding war at that time. We'll see.

Just strikes us as so crazy - someone in the business, buys something with the primary purpose of reselling at a profit, yet refuses to do so in a manner that will allow us to get what we want. Frustrates the heck out of us, but business is business. And until something is written and signed, no one owes anyone much of anything.

Get family emotions and time involved as with this car, and you are describing a situation where it totally stinks to be a motivated buyer.
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:28 AM

Greed !!!!!! It's all about the money these days... Wake up America !!!!
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:29 AM

I wish I knew where the car was located, since I'm local. I just want to look at it, no way could or would I pay that much.
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by San Fernando Olds
My friend has a 69 H/O on ebay, right now under 442. The car is loaded with options, right down to the tape deck. I have been in the Olds club for over 20 years, and this is one of the best ones I have seen. Everything works this guy is a fanatic with this car. He is asking $100,000, as of this morning it was up to $51,000. A bit pricey, but I think it would be a hard car to beat in a show, he's won many many trophies.

Yes that was a nice car stalled at 61,000 and change getting 70,000 is going to take some time there is a nice one local to me that has been on the market for some time in the 45 t0 50 range No it is not a stock paint but otherwise seems to be a clean real doced H/O . I when I see these numbers the value is getting up there again. OR atleast the asking price.
Old June 4th, 2013, 07:31 AM
C.W. Griswold

Still Hopeful......

Yes that was a nice car stalled at 61,000 and change getting 70,000 is going to take some time there is a nice one local to me that has been on the market for some time in the 45 t0 50 range No it is not a stock paint but otherwise seems to be a clean real doced H/O . I when I see these numbers the value is getting up there again. OR atleast the asking price.
This is exactly why I think their price is soooo crazy. For 70k you can buy a really really nice restored and doc'd car. I still think I am in the ballpark at 40k.
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:31 AM
NôôB

This is exactly why I think their price is soooo crazy. For 70k you can buy a really really nice restored and doc'd car. I still think I am in the ballpark at 40k.
Then why not invest in one of the nice restored cars and leave them alone, its only an object and there seem to be plenty popping up for sale lately. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: '69 hurst/olds where might you be?