Ordered spoiler from Brothers but box says The Parts Place.

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2013, 09:42 PM

Ordered spoiler from Brothers but box says The Parts Place.

Hello. So let me tell you the whole story. I ordered a spoiler from The Parts Place and when it got to my door one of the corners was shattered. I called them and said that I would like to return it. The spoiler had a very good finish as advertised but the mounting locations are not like the factory like they said. Before I returned it I wanted to compare it to another spoiler on the market. I then ordered one from Bothers Oldsmobile. (I would also like to mention the one I got from Brothers Oldsmobile was $60 more and they charged me more for shipping).

Today the spoiler I ordered from Brothers Oldsmobile came in a Parts Place box. They are not open right now. But tomorrow I will get answers. I will also update what happens on here. Thanks
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:18 PM

Brothers used to sell parts made by Fusick (had 'em on display/for sale at Nats. In Lansing), that was several years ago, parts were in Fusick boxes.
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:44 PM

Many times there is one manufacturer for a reproduction part & all the "usual suspects" sell the same part.
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:16 AM

Good luck trying to return the part.

Brothers has a reputation that is well known.

And, it is not a good one.

Post your experience.
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:10 AM

they all sell each others parts, it is not economical for all these smaller places to make their own parts. Mot do their best but I have had everyone of them sell me a part that is either a wrong year part or not as good of a reproduction as I would have expected. Nature of the business, some just have much better customer service than others. do a search here and you will read all about it.
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:58 PM

I bought my grilles and stoneshield from BAP and the stoneshield has Parts Place in raised letters on the back.
Old April 20th, 2013, 11:03 AM

I called Brothers and the conversation on the phone went really smooth. I said I wanted to return it and they were like no problem. Gave my name and such and the guy on the phone(cant remember name) said OK, UPS will be there tomorrow to pick it up. I was excited thinking things were going to go smoothly. Well after waiting all day UPS never came.

My dad also called Original Parts Group and asked about there spoilers. They said they get theirs from TPP as well. But they want almost $100 more than what TPP wants. Talk about a screwing.
Old April 20th, 2013, 11:59 AM
"me somebody" site member

Of course BAP charged more. They have no inventory, so as soon as you placed your order with them, they called the Parts Place. They gotta make a profit, right? Of course they do, and there's a never ending supply of first time suckers that will give them their business when there's not one good reason to. Buy from ANYONE else. You'll get it faster, probably cheaper, and oh yeah, you'll actually GET IT.
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:06 PM

Ripclearwater is your name Fred? I used to have a friend named Fred who lived in Clearwater anyway just wondering. Hope you get this issue resolved, I have purchased from everyone over the years, Fusick was the best, I had no problems with Brothers other than attitudes, Year one I was not the happiest with but I still got the parts in the end. OPGI was very good and very helpful but very expensive like Year one! I have not ordered from the parts place so that will be my next experience.
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:29 PM

No, my name is Rick. Me and my dad have 3 different cutlass at my house. 1970 Convertible, 1972 Supreme, and 1972 442. I bought the spoiler to put on my 442 but it does not fit the curve of the trunk because the bottom of the pedestals are flat. It fits good on the Supreme and Convertible because it is a different trunk.

I'm going to call fusick and ask about there spoiler because they say: "Technically correct for 1969 H/O, and optional on 1970-72
Cutlass S, 442 2 door hardtop and Sport Coupe only"

I'm hoping that means it will fit the curves of the trunk. We will see.
Old April 20th, 2013, 03:32 PM

Its great you have 3 oldsmobiles not many out there any more and I have the feeling you will get the right spoiler. Over the years a couple of different companies have made them and one was right on the money it fit! The other you had to make it fit. My friend was Fred Nichols. Dont know if you have met him but he has been a long time Olds enthusiast. Let us know what happens!
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by rlpclearwater
No, my name is Rick. Me and my dad have 3 different cutlass at my house. 1970 Convertible, 1972 Supreme, and 1972 442. I bought the spoiler to put on my 442 but it does not fit the curve of the trunk because the bottom of the pedestals are flat. It fits good on the Supreme and Convertible because it is a different trunk.

I'm going to call fusick and ask about there spoiler because they say: "Technically correct for 1969 H/O, and optional on 1970-72
Cutlass S, 442 2 door hardtop and Sport Coupe only"

I'm hoping that means it will fit the curves of the trunk. We will see.
I got mine from Parts Place and it has the curved pedestals. It fits great, too.
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Formerly "Shimmer"

Originally Posted by aliensatemybuick
Of course BAP charged more. They have no inventory, so as soon as you placed your order with them, they called the Parts Place. They gotta make a profit, right? Of course they do, and there's a never ending supply of first time suckers that will give them their business when there's not one good reason to. Buy from ANYONE else. You'll get it faster, probably cheaper, and oh yeah, you'll actually GET IT.
Goggle BAP map location-says it all
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Formerly "Shimmer"

Originally Posted by My442
Good luck trying to return the part.

Brothers has a reputation that is well known.

And, it is not a good one.

Post your experience.
Last year I purchased a number matching carb for my 71 442. Took a while but was satisfyed from BAP. Your right, their just brokers. As far as the Parts Place I have always bought from them and never a problem. Guess just a draw of the cards or depends on what you buying from them. But during my restoration last year bought alot from them and no problems and liked the product. But..you never know..my number could be up!
Old December 6th, 2014, 04:36 PM

on BAP

I never had ANY bad issue from BAP In fact they bent over backwards to help me out to get whatever I needed...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Olds in the run 1.jpg (92.9 KB, 17 views)
3.jpg (91.6 KB, 20 views)
IMG_0176.jpg (80.2 KB, 18 views)
Old December 6th, 2014, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by CroixDad
I never had ANY bad issue from BAP In fact they bent over backwards to help me out to get whatever I needed...

Boy, Facebook really got you torqued up. You better do a search because you've got a lot of other threads to update to expound the virtues of Brothers.
Old December 6th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Shoveling Snow

Hey I was going to post that.
Old December 7th, 2014, 05:50 AM

Im not going to update anything. I worked with Brothers Automotive over a period of 3 years with no hassle. I tried to show that I had a very good positive experience with Brothers -- It may be that I was lucky. It may be the year of car I was working on. It may be I was nicer than other folks. I do not know.

What I do know is my opinion was tossed in the toilet just because it didnt conform to the other opinion voiced. It was painfully obvious all those people wanted to do was put me and my opinion down. And THAT fired me up. So to all of you who feel that way, stuff it. I had a good experience, followed by good Customer Service and I wanted to pass that along to a fellow enthusiast. And all you folks wanted to do is push me away.
Old December 7th, 2014, 06:35 AM

Don't let it get you fired up, CroixDad. That's what the internet is like. You get called an a-hole or a moron because you have your own opinion instead of following the group opinion.

As for BAP, I've only bought one thing from them, and it turned out good or great. But that wouldn't be enough for me to vouch for their greatness.
Old December 7th, 2014, 06:37 AM

not to change subject..

It was my understanding the fusick spoiler has 3 mounting studs? Like the original, is this a fact? I will be buying one for my 69 vert would like to get the best repop possible
Old December 10th, 2014, 02:27 PM

I don't think convertibles came with rear spoilers? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'd also think the one with the flatter bottom would be a better fit to your car since the convertible doesn't have the big curved trunklid like a hardtop.
Old December 10th, 2014, 05:58 PM

Talking purchased a '67 Oldsmobile 442 but transmission says "FoMoCo".

saw this thread at the top a couple of times & had to add my $.02, again.