quarter window run channel

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2020, 04:48 PM

quarter window run channel

67 442 sport coupe. Looking for supplier for rear quarter window run channels. I've checked OPG part #CH32328 which they claim is it but looks different than my originals especially the welded on mounting tab. Looking also to replace entire side window channels.
Old October 8th, 2020, 01:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Is this what you're looking for?
Front Door Vent Window Weatherstrip set

Old October 8th, 2020, 05:20 PM

Nope that would be the front vent window. I am looking for rear side window (quarter window) run channel. The channel that runs along the top of the window near the roof and down the back. Thanks.
Old December 13th, 2021, 05:08 PM

Finally getting around to replacing these quarter window run channels in my 67 442 sport coupe. Found them at OPGI part # ch32327. They are clearly not the same. Sent pics to OPGI and they agreed to work with me even if I modified these to try and fit which was nice of them. But before I do that has anybody out there replace theirs with any luck. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wAX...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/120S...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ReY...ew?usp=sharing
I screwed a left to a right to show the difference in the bracket and the way it would locate the channel. Also a side by side comparison of the heavier riveted on section. These obviously ain't going to work without reusing the riveted on section to the new channel. OPGI claims they only had 2 returns on this item because of ill fitment of a Pontiac. From what I have found the quarter windows between the GM "A" bodies are different. In fact I don't think Chevelle offered a Sport coupe with the finned C pillar. So I'm wondering if these do fit something other than Oldsmobile. Any thoughts, otherwise I have some fabricating to do.

Old December 15th, 2021, 07:16 AM

I was looking for those about 2 years ago. Restored everything I could when doing a power window conversion. COULD NOT find rear channels for the front or rear windows. They all needed new felts but one was broken. I repaired that one with JB Weld and put it back into service.

Rear channel for front passenger door.
Old December 29th, 2021, 05:08 PM

For anybody thats interested this is how I modified OPGI quarter window run channel (part #CH32327) which includes the Vertical channels as well. These vertical channels only needed some minor tweaking. They were about 1/2" too long and did not have the kink near the bottom which allows it to seat properly against the post causing a binding window. All I did was to slide a 1/4" thick plate steel in the channel, clamp in a vise and reproduce the bend. Transferred the hole locations, drill and use a screw and socket to dimple the holes so the heads of the screws would be below the surface as to not catch the nylon guide at the top of the window. That nylon guide is another story. I cant see by now that somebody hasn't 3D printed that yet. Had to machine my own. Vertical channel Vertical channel
Now on to the run channel. The pictures clearly show the difference. The back corner of the glass would have popped out of the channel without the additional depth as per the original and the bracket would have positioned the channel towards the outside of the car causing binding against the belt line window sweeps. run channel 1 run channel 2 I drilled out the rivets on my original part that luckily had usable felt drilled rivets I then measured the length of my old channel, transferred that measurement to the new part and cut it actually removing all of the reinforced part. cut channel Then I slid my old part onto the new channel to the correct length marked the holes to drill for the new rivets. These brass rivets are actually used for brake lining that have a nice flush head. drill for new rivets Finally after mounting back in the car and bending to shape all that was needed was to trim the chrome beads at the front end as these extend themselves during bending. final assembly These channels also do not come with the 4 factory style pins to hold the channel in position, which would be difficult to locate them correctly, so I just drilled 2 new holes thru the channel into the roof channel. As stated previously, these might work as sold for other "A" bodies but clearly not for Oldsmobile. OPGI did work with me on these and am very happy with them. Many other parts like the wiring harnesses for my power window conversion were high quality.