Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1964 Starfire on Cincinnati C/L

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:44 AM
Certifiable car addict...

1964 Starfire on Cincinnati C/L

Not mine, but I did go look at it yesterday

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/2348107028.html

It's a complete car. A bit rougher than I am looking for myself, and it's a prime candidate for a frame-off resto, but it starts, runs, and I drove it around the block. It's an older repaint (20 years or so would be my guess?) It drives and stops straight and runs smoothly, although probably in need of a tune up.

The power windows work, wipers work, all the lights work, the trans shifts decent, and all the trim is there. The package shelf is missing. Just bare metal behind the seat, and the trunk has some rust issues, but not too terrible. There's some bondo in it, but not a ton, and overall, it's a decent car. The older couple that owns it is very nice, and the gentleman that bought it saved it from almost certain doom when it was spotted as a trade-in at a local lot. He believes it had been traded in by a son/grandson that inherited it from what was probably the 1st or 2nd owner.

I forgot to check to see if the POP or any other documentation was in the glovebox, (It started raining pretty good on us while we were checking it out) but it appears 100% original. Since I'm probably not going to do anything with it, I thought I would at least try and find it a good home. Sounds like the current owner was going to try and fix her up, but once he realized how scarce parts are, he's now trying to sell it.

I'll attempt to answer any questions if someone wants to ask about it, but the owner can be easily contacted via e-mail or phone. His name is Lenny Cline.

pamelacline44@yahoo.com

Phone - 513-227-1333

-Jeff
Old May 12th, 2011, 12:11 PM

The ad says $4500.
Old May 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Captain Starfire

You beat me before I could delete the question.... if it were a snake, it would have ....
Thanks!
Old May 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM

When I was down there a few weeks ago, he was "asking" $4500. As of yesterday I Believe, he reposted the identical ad with a price drop to $4000. I would guess that $3000-$3500 cash would probably take it, but I do not know for sure what he has in it and if he's willing to take a hit on it. He had only owned it for about 2-3 months. I think he thought it would be an easy one to fix up and cruise, or flip for a small profit, but in the current economy, he's likely to get burned a little on the deal depending on what he actually gave for it.

Here's the new ad as of yesterday's posting, so I know it's still available.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/2375109965.html

-Jeff
Old May 12th, 2011, 12:31 PM

Sorry. At least I was nice and just posted the price instead of flaming you for not seeing it.
Old May 12th, 2011, 03:40 PM

His 9,500 number is not correct for 1964 Starfire production. That coupe is one of 13,753 coupes made that year.
Old May 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM

I had seen that number too while doing a bit of homework before I went to see it. I forgot to mention it to him when I was there. Him and his wife are older than I am (more my folks age) and really were pleasant to chat with. After the test drive and in the rain that was starting to come down, I knew I wasn't going to buy that one for myself. I just thought I would try and help out of I could advertise it a little more for him, since the market for those cars is pretty narrow. Hopefully someone here can give it a good home and the care it needs. If I were going to invest that much effort into bringing one back, it would be the 66 Starfire I really want.

-Jeff