Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1968 442 TC $25K (not mine)

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2022, 11:55 AM

1968 442 TC $25K (not mine)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts...460353292.html
Old March 26th, 2022, 12:10 PM
Banned

4421968 442 out of 30y storage, under 68k cleaned rebuilt carb, proper restart procedures performed.Last pic shows top oiling the cam/heads before turning engine. C heads...Appreciating asset. DRIVE ITNEW pic shows Engine Bay Data Tag Tight big block. 400/T400 Turnpike Cruiser. Look it up, rare cool gas saving stock hotrod.https://www.hemmings.com/stories/201...ruisersFactory 4link rear. 425ftlbs+ @2400rpm Link to engine running..not even timed tuned or carb adjusted yet!
All Numbers match.Have replacement interior.Runs drives shifts stops, all lights work. Console. Title in hand. Pics, vid avail ask for specific....ready for sympathetic restoration as you drive it. Thats the price, appreciate your knowledge and feedback folks VIDS crusty bitshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfA8-UqY6BUhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd6AP21Ry48

Old March 26th, 2022, 03:12 PM

My gosh, they’re bringing crazy money! This is a turnpike cruiser! I always wanted another after I sold mine, but I just can’t afford it. Watching Bring A Trailer, it seems a lot of classic muscle is pulling over $100k.
Old March 26th, 2022, 03:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by steedaq
My gosh, they’re bringing crazy money! This is a turnpike cruiser! I always wanted another after I sold mine, but I just can’t afford it. Watching Bring A Trailer, it seems a lot of classic muscle is pulling over $100k.
It's called Stupid Money. As in fools spend stupid money to write off here and there. Mopars crashed hard. All the people buying fake Oldsmobile this and that these days?... I hope they all take a hard bath. Not saying this car is at all. The overpaying of Oldsmobiles these days is Stupid. What fools are paying for a fake whatever you could go to Buick and buy two or three true cars. I love a Buick too.
Old March 26th, 2022, 05:05 PM
Rocket Renegade!

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
It's called Stupid Money. As in fools spend stupid money to write off here and there. Mopars crashed hard. All the people buying fake Oldsmobile this and that these days?... I hope they all take a hard bath. Not saying this car is at all. The overpaying of Oldsmobiles these days is Stupid. What fools are paying for a fake whatever you could go to Buick and buy two or three true cars. I love a Buick too.
One thing you do that I really appreciate is when you post the text and pictures from the original CL ad, so when it expires we still have it on CO for a reference. Thanks.
Old March 26th, 2022, 05:31 PM

no1oldsfan -- We know how you feel as you have shared the same opinion about Old's price points being to high, you feel that cars with wings are usually fake (no, I do not have one on my car), cars without souls, etc. This is a fairly small community, we understood how you felt the first 10x. And we all recall that you don't care how others perceive your thoughts. Check, got it. In regards to people that purchase Olds 442's or W cars and pay $100-125k on restorations or elevated price pts, usually those people lose money when all said and done, even though they often helped to fund something special. I have never bought a car at an auction, have never flipped a car because I don't have the time or desire to sell cars for living. But, I enjoy watching a high end auction for a few minutes of entertainment. Do you get upset when a guy pays $5 Million for a Ferrari that was selling for $2 Million 5 yrs ago? I wish that I could purchase a beach house today, but they have tripled in price in the last decade. I wish I had purchased bitcoin at $1000, but I did not. Are people upset that they cannot afford todays prices or are they simply upset, well, because they want to be upset? How does it change one's life if some stranger pays $40k for a car they could have purchased for $20k 4 yrs ago. Btw, I own a 70-442, not selling anytime soon, likely never buying another Old's from here on out, thus the movement in mkt value does not effect me from a money perspective for many years to come (I never considered my car as a money maker, just love Old's 442's-but I could care less if others do buy for profit). For that matter, I have acquired a large inventory of parts over the yrs and don't recall obtaining any of them for less than full mkt rate and that was my buying decision to make (I have never thought, why how dare this guy charge me a bunch of money for a part). Bottom line, the price of muscle cars go up/down, just like all assets over time. Right now we are experiencing the high side of price ranges and it is what it is. And when prices fall again, I doubt anyone will throw a pity party for the people that were speculating.

Last edited by capstoneclub; March 26th, 2022 at 05:34 PM.
Old March 26th, 2022, 07:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by '69442ragtop
One thing you do that I really appreciate is when you post the text and pictures from the original CL ad, so when it expires we still have it on CO for a reference. Thanks.
That is exactly why I do it. Nothing worse than looking at an old thread and seeing nothing. Helps track a car sometimes.
Old March 26th, 2022, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by '69442ragtop
Originally Posted by capstoneclub
no1oldsfan -- We know how you feel as you have shared the same opinion about Old's price points being to high, you feel that cars with wings are usually fake (no, I do not have one on my car), cars without souls, etc. This is a fairly small community, we understood how you felt the first 10x. And we all recall that you don't care how others perceive your thoughts. Check, got it. In regards to people that purchase Olds 442's or W cars and pay $100-125k on restorations or elevated price pts, usually those people lose money when all said and done, even though they often helped to fund something special. I have never bought a car at an auction, have never flipped a car because I don't have the time or desire to sell cars for living. But, I enjoy watching a high end auction for a few minutes of entertainment. Do you get upset when a guy pays $5 Million for a Ferrari that was selling for $2 Million 5 yrs ago? I wish that I could purchase a beach house today, but they have tripled in price in the last decade. I wish I had purchased bitcoin at $1000, but I did not. Are people upset that they cannot afford todays prices or are they simply upset, well, because they want to be upset? How does it change one's life if some stranger pays $40k for a car they could have purchased for $20k 4 yrs ago. Btw, I own a 70-442, not selling anytime soon, likely never buying another Old's from here on out, thus the movement in mkt value does not effect me from a money perspective for many years to come (I never considered my car as a money maker, just love Old's 442's-but I could care less if others do buy for profit). For that matter, I have acquired a large inventory of parts over the yrs and don't recall obtaining any of them for less than full mkt rate and that was my buying decision to make (I have never thought, why how dare this guy charge me a bunch of money for a part). Bottom line, the price of muscle cars go up/down, just like all assets over time. Right now we are experiencing the high side of price ranges and it is what it is. And when prices fall again, I doubt anyone will throw a pity party for the people that were speculating.
I would love to reply to every sentence. I am so on your side. I am an Oldsmobile guy like no other. My beef is people that say Oh Well it's a whatever. Zero care really for what the car is. Just a suit on a rack. Oh it's pretty. People pay crazy money. Stupid Money for fake this and that. How does this help true Oldsmobile people? It doesn't. Sad thing is is that the buyers don't know. Don't care. Then the price is jacked up for crap. Shined up crap. Fake crap. Crap is crap. I get called out for saying that fake is fake. So many defender's of well it looks pretty. My Oldsmobile genes are deep. If I rub anyone the wrong way because of my consistent stance then so be it.
Old March 27th, 2022, 10:03 AM

There was a car just like this lsat year in WA state that came up for sale, same color, could be same one. I think it was 11-15k IIRC. It actually had a 69 HO wheel on it as one of the wheels.