Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 Y74 Pace car convertible - Ft Lauderdale area

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2024, 05:32 PM
'72 Cutlass ragtop

1970 Y74 Pace car convertible - Ft Lauderdale area

Not mine and have never seen this car before, but thought it might be an interesting read

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto...734358515.html
Old April 5th, 2024, 05:47 PM

The ad says “loaded with options” then describes a lot of things that were standard equipment on a Supreme.
Old April 5th, 2024, 06:19 PM

He wants strong money.
Old April 5th, 2024, 09:26 PM
Banned

THIS IS A ONE OWNER 1970 OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME Y74 INDIANAPOLIS 500 PACE CAR CONVERTIBLE!! BOUGHT LOCALLY AT KING OLDSMOBILE IN FT.LAUDERDALE FLORIDA WHERE IT SPENT ALL ITS LIFE!! THIS IS ONE OF 358 THAT WHERE MADE!! 82,000 ORIGINAL MILES! LOADED WITH OPTIONS! POWER STEERING,POWER BRAKES,POWER TOP, POWER WINDOWS,TILT WHEEL,FACTORY AIR CONDITIONING AND BUCKET SEATS WITH THE CENTER CONSOLE SHIFTER!! PACE CAR DECALS ARE AVALIABLE. PRICED TO SELL AT ONLY $39,900!!!! CONTACT ME 5. 6. 1. 3. 5. 1. 3. 0. 9. 0

Old April 6th, 2024, 06:44 AM

This hit facebooke yesterday and was down within an hour - not sure if it sold
Old April 6th, 2024, 04:16 PM

No I am not an active member of the stripe police…
but dear god those wheel well stipes could gag a maggot.
Old April 6th, 2024, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rallye469
No I am not an active member of the stripe police…
but dear god those wheel well stipes could gag a maggot.
Thank you, I was holding myself back.. Placement/width…..😖
Old April 6th, 2024, 06:20 PM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Same shop did the paint

Old April 6th, 2024, 07:27 PM
Banned

Absolutely ruined that 69. ZERO Oldsmobile soul At All. ZERO. Painted and striped and stupid *** winged just for resale. LAME

Oldsmobile A body cars look soooo much better without a place to dry your laundry.
Old April 8th, 2024, 04:43 PM
Olds fanatic

It appears to be a pretty nice car and I would not call $39k "strong money" for a 1-owner (although it appears to be being sold by a dealer) '70 Cutlass Supreme Pace Car that has spent its entire life in Florida. Only 358 of these cars were built - rare by anyone's standards and when compared to a non-Pace Car '70 Cutlass Supreme convertible, all else being equal, it has a significant advantage when simply being objective about their market values. This car has honest rarity, as opposed to the superficial rarity we see mentioned so often by those not in the know. i.e. "Super rare bucket seats" (given these were standard on all Cutlass Supremes), rare tilt wheel, rare Rally Wheels, rare factory air (in the tires), rare this and rare that, etc., etc. etc.). These cars are rare and desirable, and rightly so.

Having said that, it is clear that the body/paint shop was entirely unfamiliar with the original paint and stripe scheme of these Pace Cars. The body side stripes are way off, and the fender, rocker and lower quarter sections should be painted black. The decklid stripes look off, too. This is unfortunate because decals and stripe specs are readily available and should have been used on this car. When I had my '70 Cutlass Pace Car painted many years ago, I not only did a great deal of research on this, but I also worked closely with the painter to make sure it was done correctly. It's my car, I'm paying for it, and I want it done right. Period.

The car in question here may have been painted to prepare for resale. It has a number of other items that need attention. The original owner may no longer be around or may not have been involved in the process. If I were to buy this car, I would absolutely have to have all of this redone. This car is worthy and deserves to be done properly. I would also suggest that its value would be much enhanced if it had been or will be done correctly. Hopefully it will go to someone who cares.

And one last thing, if I may...

A proper photo shoot makes a WORLD of difference when selling cars, especially classic, muscle, and specialty cars. And when a dealer puts out a weak photo shoot like this one, it's inexcusable. Proper cleaning and detailing, lighting, time of day, specific items, angles, backgrounds all matter.
Old April 8th, 2024, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by kpl70sx
It appears to be a pretty nice car and I would not call $39k "strong money" for a 1-owner (although it appears to be being sold by a dealer) '70 Cutlass Supreme Pace Car that has spent its entire life in Florida. Only 358 of these cars were built - rare by anyone's standards and when compared to a non-Pace Car '70 Cutlass Supreme convertible, all else being equal, it has a significant advantage when simply being objective about their market values. This car has honest rarity, as opposed to the superficial rarity we see mentioned so often by those not in the know. i.e. "Super rare bucket seats" (given these were standard on all Cutlass Supremes), rare tilt wheel, rare Rally Wheels, rare factory air (in the tires), rare this and rare that, etc., etc. etc.). These cars are rare and desirable, and rightly so.

Having said that, it is clear that the body/paint shop was entirely unfamiliar with the original paint and stripe scheme of these Pace Cars. The body side stripes are way off, and the fender, rocker and lower quarter sections should be painted black. The decklid stripes look off, too. This is unfortunate because decals and stripe specs are readily available and should have been used on this car. When I had my '70 Cutlass Pace Car painted many years ago, I not only did a great deal of research on this, but I also worked closely with the painter to make sure it was done correctly. It's my car, I'm paying for it, and I want it done right. Period.

The car in question here may have been painted to prepare for resale. It has a number of other items that need attention. The original owner may no longer be around or may not have been involved in the process. If I were to buy this car, I would absolutely have to have all of this redone. This car is worthy and deserves to be done properly. I would also suggest that its value would be much enhanced if it had been or will be done correctly. Hopefully it will go to someone who cares.

And one last thing, if I may...

A proper photo shoot makes a WORLD of difference when selling cars, especially classic, muscle, and specialty cars. And when a dealer puts out a weak photo shoot like this one, it's inexcusable. Proper cleaning and detailing, lighting, time of day, specific items, angles, backgrounds all matter.
So you'd say 40k is acceptable when you have to re paint everything? Crazy.
Not to mention all the other items that are incorrect such as the 71 fenders. Guess you can replace those before you
​​​​​​ repaint it as well.
What about the rust on the deck lid. Guess that's acceptable also for 40k ?
Ridiculous.