Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1971 Cutlass convertible in Sharon, CT

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2024, 11:46 AM

1971 Cutlass convertible in Sharon, CT

Asking $27.5k.

A very solid, rust free, numbers matching, southern car -- currently in Sharon, CT. I have owned the car for 10 years and it has been garaged and only driven on sunny days when the winter salt is gone. The data tag shows a 1971 Oldsmobile (3), Cutlass Convertible (4267) built in Lansing with white bucket seats (TR 977) in Cameo White with a black top (11 B PNT) - as it remains today. IMO, it is a very nice, driver quality vehicle.

I purchased the car from a dealer in GA and the title shows it previously resided in NC. It had an older restoration which has held up well. The seat covers and boot are nice with no rips/cracks, just normal wear. The car also has an older repaint in the correct cameo white. Options include A/C, cruise control (I’ve never been brave enough to try!), bucket seats with sports console, deluxe seat belts, sport mirrors and SS-III wheels.

Prior to my purchase, the brakes were replaced (discs in the front, drums in the back), the drive shaft was pulled and rebalanced, a H-pipe dual exhaust was installed, and the engine bay was detailed. The top was replaced. The car has a 442 rear bumper and trumpets, an after-market sports steering wheel and (older) after-market gauges.

In the 10 years that I have owned the car it has been driven ~1800 miles. The odometer currently reads 94130. I had the seatbelts rebuilt and re-webbed by Ssnake Oyl. Several years ago, I replaced the tires – it is currently on 225 70R14 Radial T/A’s from Coker - they have virtually no wear. Other than that, it has just been routine maintenance every spring. I have only used ethanol-free high test in the car.

It starts easily – even after the long winter nap. It runs and shifts as it should. It sounds great. I am selling to make space in my garage and it hurts me!

If you would like additional information or images, please message me.

Old January 4th, 2024, 11:49 AM

i

Old January 4th, 2024, 11:51 AM
Running On Empty

Very nice vehicle. While Cars for Sale are not discussion threads, I will tell you I recently (Aug, 2023) sold my '71 matching numbers convertible for the exact same amount & in same condition. It was sold in a heartbeat. GLWS.
Old January 5th, 2024, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by srs1a

Great details.
if you were to do something to it, what needs to be done?
Any leaks?
Old January 5th, 2024, 07:23 AM

I honestly don't think anything "needs" to be done. The interior isn't perfect, but it is pretty darn good. The radio doesn't work, so maybe that...but I use my phone and a bluetooth speaker for tunes.. IMO, the exterior is very nice and I wouldn't touch anything.

Regarding leaks, I put fresh cardboard under the car when I put it away every year. I typically get a couple of drips in a year. I just looked and nothing so far this year - I put it away in late October other than getting it our for pictures above.

Old January 5th, 2024, 07:50 PM

Sharon CT, wondering if Evans coolant is still located there. I did some work with Jack Evans back in the 90's

Old January 7th, 2024, 10:01 AM

Several people have asked for additional information which were omiitted from my initial listing.

(1) Is is a 4-barrel or 2-barrel? It is a 4-barrel (Rochester Quadrajet)

(2) Do you have images of the undercarriage? I do not have easy access to a lift currently. I have taken images as best as I can -- from each side starting at the back and moving forward (below). The final image of the car on a lift was prior to my purchase.

As purchased
Old January 8th, 2024, 01:37 PM

Very fair price for a convertible .Very nice Oldsmobile
Alain platinum 442 4spdA/C
P/S good luck with sale
Old January 15th, 2024, 06:01 AM

The OP told me this car SOLD 3 days ago. I was interested but decided a convertible is just not the car for me. Good luck to the New Owner.
Old January 16th, 2024, 08:20 AM

Yes, I have come to terms with a very pleasant gentleman for the sale of the car. Once the transaction is completed I will update my post.
Old February 15th, 2024, 05:35 AM

The car has been sold. I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did!