Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1972 oldsmobile cutass s for sale

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2012, 03:03 PM

1972 oldsmobile cutass s for sale

Im selling my 1972 cutlass, i have it listed on ebay my ebay name is broncotogetdone. its all original 47,xxx miles just had the trans re sealed and a shift kit installed air works and blows cold heat works, cruise control does not nor does the clock in the dash or the cigarette lighter. runs and drives great.
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:14 PM

i took the car off ebay because i did not want to sell it anymore
Old January 20th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by nitrojunkie1029
i took the car off ebay because i did not want to sell it anymore
Good for you Dom. Share some pics of the car with the rest of us?? Why did you want to sell it in the first place?
Old January 22nd, 2012, 05:35 PM

eh i payed alot of money to have the trans fixed and it still leakes, its bad on gas which really doesnt bother me, the radiator just started leaking from somewhere unknown and i drive it EVERYDAY rain or shine so i wanted a newer car but i just like the car to much to sell it. it has alot of sentimental value because my dad had one just like it as his first car same colors but with a vinyl roof and bench seat
Old February 7th, 2012, 03:32 PM

The car is for sale! On ebay check it out! Thanks!
Old February 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Runner

Back on ebay with a description:

" SORRY THE CAR IS NO LONGER FOR SALE. "

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...item3cc1f38dca

make up your mind lol
Old February 7th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Just an Olds Guy

eh i payed alot of money to have the trans fixed and it still leakes, its bad on gas which really doesnt bother me, the radiator just started leaking from somewhere unknown and i drive it EVERYDAY rain or shine so i wanted a newer car but i just like the car to much to sell it. it has alot of sentimental value because my dad had one just like it as his first car same colors but with a vinyl roof and bench seat
Those are MINOR issues that you should expect from a 40 year old car. Just looked at the pics on ebay. Even with the upholstery and minor dents that car is in fantastic shape. I know your Dad had the bench seat model, but the buckets/console make that car really stand out. Why are you re-listing it? That is a keeper. the front end bumper and grills line up like factory, the hood seams are great, all the badging is on the car + it looks like it's flowing even standing still!! The Bamboo exterior and Saddle interior complement each other very well. A new set of front seat covers from Legendary, (your rad leak could be as simple as replacing the hoses or tightening a clamp) trans leak (from where? You might be able to fix it yourself) Sport mirrors, SS1 wheels, AC. Can't believe you're going to let that go.

Originally Posted by Joffroi
Back on ebay with a description:

" SORRY THE CAR IS NO LONGER FOR SALE. "

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...item3cc1f38dca

make up your mind lol
thx for the link Joffroi, I looked earlier and couldn't find it.
Old February 8th, 2012, 03:04 PM

I looked at the car and saw the "No longer available" also. If you DO decide to move it along, DON"T do it just because of a few minor set-backs. The interior isn't hateful, the rad. leak can't be major---$200.00 at most for a new rad., and the trans. leak might be a selector shaft seal----often overlooked when diagnosing a trans. leak.
If in the end you decide to sell, someone here will most likely snap it up at a price agreeable to both parties. Nothing against eBay at all, but that car should be owned by an OLDS guy or gal---that will really appreciate it.
Old February 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM

(If in the end you decide to sell, someone here will most likely snap it up at a price agreeable to both parties. Nothing against eBay at all, but that car should be owned by an OLDS guy or gal---that will really appreciate it.)

X2!!
Old February 8th, 2012, 04:57 PM

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH! i forgot i changed the description. i am changing it now. im trying to get 13,000 for it i believe it is a reasonable price i really cant take less than 11. thanks guys!
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:04 PM

and i really dont want to sell it i love the car more than anything but i drive it EVERYDAY. im 16 i get 8 bucks an hr workin 2 hrs a day and 4 bucks a gallon for gas, it gets 8 i cant afford it. it was a dream i thought it would be cool to drive an awesome muscle car and i would love to keep it if i had another vehicle and i would love to fix it i just cant drive it every day im sure you guys understand with the rain and road salt and snow you wouldnt want to either. if one of you guys buys it i will feel good knowing its going to an excellent home where it will get the love i cant give it.
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=Allan R;368296]Those are MINOR issues that you should expect from a 40 year old car. Just looked at the pics on ebay. Even with the upholstery and minor dents that car is in fantastic shape. I know your Dad had the bench seat model, but the buckets/console make that car really stand out. Why are you re-listing it? That is a keeper. the front end bumper and grills line up like factory, the hood seams are great, all the badging is on the car + it looks like it's flowing even standing still!! The Bamboo exterior and Saddle interior complement each other very well. A new set of front seat covers from Legendary, (your rad leak could be as simple as replacing the hoses or tightening a clamp) trans leak (from where? You might be able to fix it yourself) Sport mirrors, SS1 wheels, AC. Can't believe you're going to let that go.

you guys are making this harder than it already is haha, i have no clue where the radiator is leaking from. it drips out of my pass. side frame rail, and everything around the rad is bone dry. i payed to have the trans leak fixed too. the car also has cruise control but it doesnt work
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:32 PM

C'mon guys, help the lad. If I lived closer to Philly I'd help him or buy it. If nobody wants to----well then PM me about a possible sale or some help trying to sell it.
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

you guys are making this harder than it already is haha, i have no clue where the radiator is leaking from. it drips out of my pass. side frame rail, and everything around the rad is bone dry. i payed to have the trans leak fixed too. the car also has cruise control but it doesnt work
Sorry bout dat.
I get why you are looking to sell. Any chance you could just park the car for awhile till you can afford it more? I remember what 18 was like. I used to go from school to my part time job and work from 5:00pm till 10:00 each night. Back then I was only making 2.37/hr. But I got paid in cash every Saturday morning.

re: rad leak out pass side frame rail. You sure it's not the overflow tube that runs down the side of the rad dripping onto the ground?

re: trans leak. You paid big $$$ to have it fixed and it still leaks?? Go back to the shop that did the job and let them know you're not happy. They should warranty their work if they have any ethics.

re: Cruise Control. Most often it's the rubber vacuum diaphragm that's no good. It's actually a vacuum servo. Easy to check. Unhook the vacuum line going to the transducer from the servo. Suck in to create vacuum. If it won't hold vacuum or you can't create it, the cruise won't work. On the dash switch if you turn the rocker to the 'ON' position do you get the little red light coming on in the middle of the rocker? If yes, your electrical is probably ok.

Hope you don't sell it (ya, I'm really making it tough but I really love these cars and I remember what a blast they were to drive when I was 18 too). But if the right buyer comes along with the cash in hand, I can't tell you not to take it.
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:48 PM

ebay eats alot of money off the top sold a 450 dollar part and they took 42 of it .
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Dave Siltman
C'mon guys, help the lad. If I lived closer to Philly I'd help him or buy it. If nobody wants to----well then PM me about a possible sale or some help trying to sell it.
I think we all have the same thoughts as you Dave. The suggestions to fix the trans leak/rad will be something that will make the car more saleable for a potential buyer. The seat covers are incidental. They need replacing, but are in decent shape for 40 years old. IMO 11K is a reasonable price for what I've seen on his ad. I guess I just wished there was a way for him to be able to keep it and enjoy it later? Your point is well taken though.
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM

i was driving a 1990 OLDSMOBILE cutlass cruiser sl station wagon haha was my great grandmoms car 48,000 miles on it but it has seen much better days. its a shame its not in bad shape but it stopped running the other day. i dont have the money to put into it or i would keep my car, because that was the car i drove on bad weather days. you guys are great on here. Allen R, it isnt really possible for me to park it now that my wagon is out of comission. and with the cruise control, the light does not come on in the switch
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Thumbs up Good Luck!

i was driving a 1990 OLDSMOBILE cutlass cruiser sl station wagon haha was my great grandmoms car 48,000 miles on it but it has seen much better days. its a shame its not in bad shape but it stopped running the other day. i dont have the money to put into it or i would keep my car, because that was the car i drove on bad weather days. you guys are great on here. Allen R, it isnt really possible for me to park it now that my wagon is out of comission. and with the cruise control, the light does not come on in the switch
Sorry to hear about the CC crapping out. That's really low mileage for a 22 year old car. Wish you the best of luck on the 72 sale; hope you get your ask.

Could be any number of reasons the cruise control light doesn't come on. Not worth going into since there's no $ to fix. Lots of guys here would kill to have your complete cruise unit even if it doesn't work. It's fixable.

EDIT: remove a d'ohhhhh brain fart
Old February 9th, 2012, 05:25 PM

Thanks, if i can get the wagon running i might keep the cutlass, just i dont know how reliable the wagon will be. my plan was to drive the wagon and have my cutlass as a little project car that didnt need too much work, and it doesnt i just dont have the time or money and it sucks
Old February 9th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Thanks, if i can get the wagon running i might keep the cutlass, just i dont know how reliable the wagon will be. my plan was to drive the wagon and have my cutlass as a little project car that didnt need too much work, and it doesnt i just dont have the time or money and it sucks
Maybe start a thread to troubleshoot the wagon? When stuff just 'quits' it's most likely something electrical. Maybe the team can pull together and help you fix it so you can keep the Cutlass.
Old February 17th, 2012, 03:28 PM

i am fixed on selling the cutlass, the car is on ebay 13,000 obo, thanks

Last edited by nitrojunkie1029; February 17th, 2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:42 AM

Guys i got offered a beautiful 78 trans am for my car and i dont k ow weather i should do it or not. It has 47,000 miles the interior is beatiful the paint is nice its black on black with air ps pb auto non ttop and its probably faster than my cutlass but the reason im getting rid of the cutlass is because i need something newer i can drive and i wanted somethig faster but this T/A is badass. What should i do
Old February 20th, 2012, 12:02 PM

if condition of both cars is equal or tipped in favor of the TA, I'd say the TA is a cooler car, esp since it's black.

But if your main obj is for newer or faster, maybe you could do better still...like late 80s or newed 5.0 Mustang.
Old February 20th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Always room for one more

Or if your main objective is something less costly to operate, the TA will be about the same as the Olds. Besides, if someone wants to -trade- there is usually a reason he can't sell.

Mike
Old February 20th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Guys i got offered a beautiful 78 trans am for my car and i dont k ow weather i should do it or not. It has 47,000 miles the interior is beatiful the paint is nice its black on black with air ps pb auto non ttop and its probably faster than my cutlass but the reason im getting rid of the cutlass is because i need something newer i can drive and i wanted somethig faster but this T/A is badass. What should i do
78 TAs are nice cars. Only thing I never liked about them was getting in/out. IIRC you also need something that will be turnkey every day without having to do a lot of mtce? Just remember that 78 isn't really "new", and eventually you could end up in the same boat you are in now. Have you researched TAs to see if it's the type of car you would be happy with? I would suggest the least you could do is take it for a test drive to find out if you like it. Get the TA inspected for safety issues and if it pans out? Make the trade.

If it looks anything like this, I'd scoop it.

Old February 20th, 2012, 02:38 PM

its nicer than my cutlass, and i cant just take it for a test drive its in kentucky and im in PA, not too far away but not close enough just for a test drive. the whole objective of me getting rid of my cutlass was to get something that is less maintenance and better everyday driver. i was actually looking at 80-present stangs. but i LOVE trans ams, just as much as i do cutlass's or 442's and its so badass. idk if it has a posi rear though thats the only thing not saying yes immediately. if it isnt a posi i might say no but the car is so nice. i strongly believe its worth around 15,000 thats what i would pay for it. the owner says olds cutlass's are his favorite cars and hes always wanted one but doesnt have the cash. idk if he tried to sell his T/A or not. and it has some decals on it now but it doesnt have all of them if i get the car im gonna buy a decal kit and put them on. all it needs is the decals and the gold snowflake wheels to be perfect
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:44 PM

here is a picture i dont know if it will come through or not
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:45 PM

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...ffd0&disp=imgs
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Nitro, your pic didn't come through and your link is to your gmail. You'll know whether to buy it or not. FWIW you can find a LOT of much newer (2003+)cars for less than what you're willing to pay for that TA. And with the newer cars, some either still have warranty, or are eligible for extended warranty. Something to consider. If you can't test drive it, I'd look for something local that meets your needs; or get someone you know and trust to test it for you. Here are some later model Stangs and a Monte Carlo all within the price range you were willing to pay.....just the tip of the iceberg
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ford-Mustang-...item20c296b30d
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ford-Mustang-...item35b92e550b
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ford-Mustang-...item2c630af131
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Chevrolet-Mon...item43ad0ab00f
Old February 27th, 2012, 03:12 PM

yeah i was looking at a mid 80's to present mustang. the listing for my car ended today, it didnt sell although if someone is willing to give me 13,000 for it i'll take it at any time, thanks.
Old February 27th, 2012, 06:02 PM

anyone around the PA area want my car i really need to sell it. i'll take 10,000 for it but thats the lowest i can go. Gas went up alot lol