Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1975 Hurst/Olds W-30 (not mine)

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2023, 07:48 AM

1975 Hurst/Olds W-30 (not mine)

1975 Hurst/Olds W-30 (not mine) $12k link as follows: 1975 oldsmobile cutlass for sale by owner - Maple Park, IL - craigslist

"1975 Oldsmobile Hurst, Cutlass, W-30, T tops, swivel buckets, big block, good driver, dual gate shifter"

Old October 30th, 2023, 08:30 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

On the surface this appears to be a decent buy. I have the identical car and paid a lot more than that but here are things I see on this one. It needs lots of interior work, it has the wrong hood and they did not have a gold strip on the hood. There is no AC. There is always the possibility of rust under the vinyl top and we have no idea what mechanical issues it may have. These cars are not nearly as popular as the 68-72 A-bodies. I have had two 72 Cutlass Supreme convertibles and I can tell you my 75 handles way better than the 72's did.

Last edited by redoldsman; October 30th, 2023 at 08:32 AM.
Old October 31st, 2023, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
On the surface this appears to be a decent buy. I have the identical car and paid a lot more than that but here are things I see on this one. It needs lots of interior work, it has the wrong hood and they did not have a gold strip on the hood. There is no AC. There is always the possibility of rust under the vinyl top and we have no idea what mechanical issues it may have. These cars are not nearly as popular as the 68-72 A-bodies. I have had two 72 Cutlass Supreme convertibles and I can tell you my 75 handles way better than the 72's did.
I see the louvers on the hood, is there something else I'm missing as far as the hood being wrong goes? Just asking, I don't really know these cars.
Old October 31st, 2023, 08:55 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

It does have the correct hood ornament on it which was different on the Hurst Olds. I really have a hard time seeing the louvers but should have noticed the hood ornament. It is not supposed to have the gold stripe on the hood but that is just paint. The 74 did have the gold stripe on the hood and the trunk.
Old October 31st, 2023, 09:01 PM
Banned

I am seeing some serious headliner moisture issues. AKA leaking T tops. That means that damage is probably in the floors too. I would be very cautious.
I do love these cars in black.
Old October 31st, 2023, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
It does have the correct hood ornament on it which was different on the Hurst Olds. I really have a hard time seeing the louvers but should have noticed the hood ornament. It is not supposed to have the gold stripe on the hood but that is just paint. The 74 did have the gold stripe on the hood and the trunk.

Old November 1st, 2023, 08:12 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

You have a better eye than I do. I never thought about looking through the windshield. Thanks
Old November 1st, 2023, 01:40 PM

Picture #5 shows what appears to be possible rust bubbles under the vinyl roof by the HO emblems. I wonder how the interior rear door frame trim pieces got holes in them like that. I at first thought the shoulder belt buckle was banging there, but it would take a hell of a slap to do that. I agree with no1oldsfan about the interior moisture issues. One reason I'd never own a t-top or sunroof car.

Last edited by supremecpe; November 2nd, 2023 at 05:02 AM.
Old November 1st, 2023, 04:26 PM
Banned

Thankfully I am from Colorado. We rarely see deep rust out here. Very low humidity. Those interior shot's would scare me as a buyer. Purty in the right places but I would dig deep before signing up to that car. Obviously someone took the time for a repaint yet you still leave a water soaked interior? Hmmm 🤔
Old November 1st, 2023, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
Thankfully I am from Colorado. We rarely see deep rust out here. Very low humidity. Those interior shot's would scare me as a buyer. Purty in the right places but I would dig deep before signing up to that car. Obviously someone took the time for a repaint yet you still leave a water soaked interior? Hmmm 🤔
You're lucky to be from a "dry" state. Being from Minnesota, it isn't the humidity as much as the salt baths cars take in the winter here. It was almost funny to see these 70s, and older, cars with doors flapping in the breeze and you better put some plywood in the trunk if you have holes so you don't loose your groceries through the bottom! Lol!
Old November 2nd, 2023, 05:07 AM

I went to the listing to look at it & it's been "deleted by the author".