Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

69 H/O cheap

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:32 PM

69 H/O cheap

Ok folks,

I'm gonna let this one go to a new home cause I too old to do another renovation on her. A few years back she was frame off restored with new everything.

But a few weeks ago she caught fire and she will need a new roof and complete new interior including complete dash. You may be able to salvage the shifter, I don't know. I will throw in a 69 only black deluxe steering wheel.

The trunk and engine bay look good but I have been advised to restore it correctly to take the body off the frame [again] have it blasted and repaint from the bare metal.

If you ever wanted one now is your chance. But you need to act quickly or the insurance comanpany could take a real live 69 H/O to the crusher.

$15,000 CIFNFA [Cash in fist no fooling around]

I'm gonna let everyone do there own math as to what it's worth in parts alone.

I have tons of pics before the fire but my camera went up with the car. These are the only pics I have of after the fire. You can inspect the car in Alpharetta, Georgia 30004

Fire story
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-you-sick.html

Paint info
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...not-paint.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
HPIM1208.jpg (83.8 KB, 164 views)
HPIM1206.jpg (91.0 KB, 194 views)
HPIM1209.jpg (85.1 KB, 171 views)
HPIM1210.jpg (72.7 KB, 153 views)
HPIM1211.jpg (93.2 KB, 155 views)
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:14 PM

Tough decision Jamsbo, sorry to see it go. You still have the drop top and the Vista both sweet cars.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:03 PM

ugh, that has to be one tough decision, but I was just telling my wife if I had the money I'd love to buy it but then I'd have to put plenty into it but would still end up with a car more valuable than what I had into it only to not want to sell it anyway so why bother - I'm sure that's how you are feeling right now - as mentioned enjoy the others now.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:29 PM

Now that the decision is made I hope that's a weight off your shoulders. If I had the money I'd be trying to get the time off work to come and get it

Somebody is going to get an incredible project!

John
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:32 PM

I passed your info on to a friend of mine who's been looking for a '69 H/O for a long time. He's a former Body man who's brought some 'totals' back from the dead. I hope he contacts you (I'm sad at yout decision but completely understand it).
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:57 AM

Faq

Wow,

Since my PM box is getting full, I thought I would answer some of the FAQ

For all of you who sent me a PM. I'll get back to you as qucikly as I can. As luck would have it a tree fell on my house last nite and my plate is a little full.

I have all the docs,The car was delivered to a dealer in W Virginia

It is an A/C car and has all the parts and pieces that an H/O is spose to have intake, top can, rear end, D heads, Wheels etc. I AM NOT SURE IF THE SHIFTER CAN BE SAVED

However, the engine # is NOT correct for this car.

I can store it if someones wants me to.

Because of the fire, I can not make any warranties on this car. It is going to be sold AS IS WHERE IS

Contrary to popular believe, I am not an expert on these cars. I've have seen exactly 2 in my entire life. [mine and Joe F.] Please come look and decide if this is a project you want to undertake.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:56 AM
Trying to remember member

JB, I know this has to be a very difficult time and decision for you. I hope it all comes out for the best for you.
You were a victim of bad circumstances, and there wasn't really anything you did or didn't do that should have been different.
Do take some comfort that knowing about your situation still brought up valuable lessons, and a reminder to all of us about the safety issues involved; fire extinguishers, kill switches, etc.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:58 AM

hopefully your house didn't sustain much if any damage..
Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:17 AM
Banned

james,please post a phone number,somebody who isnt a member here is very interested in talking to you about the h/o
Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:36 AM

A tree fell on your house! what next, time to have some of the rotten potato juice. Had that happen to me a number of years ago no fun.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:03 PM

Thanks guys,

Actually a water oak spit and came down bringing another water oak with it. Both landed on the house. Had to have a crane come and carefully remove them from the house before they did more damage to the roof. Tarped the roof holes and now dealing with insurance Adjusters AGAIN [ My new favorite pastime.]
Old August 23rd, 2010, 03:20 PM
Grown Azz Kid

Jamesbo, Man sorry to hear about all of this. good luck with the house and the sale of the car. Was the house insured with the same company as the car?
Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:26 PM

Holy Crap!
It sounds like the way your August is going you need to pull a lawn chair out, sit your fanny down and pop the top on a frosty one. At least you can sit in the front yard and enjoy a beer. Where did the saying "chin up" come from? Is that so you can give them a good target to tag you again? Hang in there Jamesbo.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Thanks guys,

Actually a water oak spit and came down bringing another water oak with it. Both landed on the house. Had to have a crane come and carefully remove them from the house before they did more damage to the roof. Tarped the roof holes and now dealing with insurance Adjusters AGAIN [ My new favorite pastime.]
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:46 PM
71 cutlass convertible

D*mn!

If it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all.

Hope this is the end and all goes well from now on.
Larry
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:44 AM

TTT

I've been waiting for the guy who said he wanted it to call this morning as he said he would.

So, boys and girls she's still avaliable.
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by 69oldsguy
Holy Crap!
It sounds like the way your August is going you need to pull a lawn chair out, sit your fanny down and pop the top on a frosty one. At least you can sit in the front yard and enjoy a beer.
Be careful and inspect the chair well, first.
I am concerned that at this rate, the chair will break, your butt plops down in a fire ant hill, and your beer spills all over ya...

You're not alone, my ladyfriend has been totally down on her luck that past month also, but without the help of any kinds of insurances...
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Registered

I'll come down and fix your house for the car.
Lot of interior and/or structural damage?
You may owe me more than the car in that case, and I don't need a bear.

How about a trade Jamesbo???

I just have to find a guy who will trade me his Amphicar for my Vista Cruiser so I can trade you.
Maybe a guy with an Amphicar needs a bear???
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:22 AM

Blue,

Thanks, but I'm temporarly financially embarrased I had a very high deductable on this house.

It's the usual stuff ya get when a tree falls on the side of a house. Facia, soffits, rafters, cornice, decking and of course shingles

Can I borrow your Eastwing? Mine's at the pawn shop.
Old August 26th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Ancient Olds Lover

So very sorry to hear your story, Jamesbo. What a terrible shame.

This may offer no comfort at all but it helped me through some pretty rough patches:

"God doesn't give us anything we can't handle."

Best of luck to you,
Old August 26th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Crazy Canuck

Good luck Jamesbo on the house and on a quick sale of your car. It is a good deal for someone who has the skills to bring this beauty back to life.

Wayne
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:26 PM
NôôB

i be trying to talk some people into taking a look at this car.... just joined the oldsmobile club down here and will mention it to them if ya want. i would pick it up but somethings holding me back A) i got my own to fix up B) still paying it off and thats about it.
Old August 31st, 2010, 05:04 AM

I've got a new job. Sending pic all over the world.

Please friends
Attached Images
tire%20kicker.jpg (2.6 KB, 459 views)
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:39 AM
Grown Azz Kid

Well if it is a job then maybe you should get paid for it charge for the pictures and if they buy the car then they will get that feee refunded...maybe it will weed out online tire tickers
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:06 PM

Wink

Caveat emptor
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rr69ho
Caveat emptor
uh oh...something not right in denmark?

Old September 1st, 2010, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by rr69ho
Caveat emptor

Res ipsa loquitur
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:33 AM
Banned

Old September 1st, 2010, 01:51 PM

Res ipsa loquitur

Res Ipsa Loquitur Latin for 'the thing speaks for itself.'

It suuuuure does!!!!!
Old September 1st, 2010, 02:02 PM

That is a great movie when is dead wood they had a doc holiday a impersonator I told my 6 year old to ask who he was . Doc introduced him self as said caricature . MY son slipped out and said you rocked in tombstone . He being my son was then asked to play the part of the sherif in the play they put on the trial of jack maccall.
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:53 PM

That hurts me just seeing those pics Jamesbo...I can't imagine how you feel.
I hope it all works out for you!
Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:02 PM

From another thread

Agtw31 Seems to have some problems with me selling my property.

Although he has never seen the car, he and his "expert" friend have unilaterally determined that the intake and the heads are not "correct"

SO BE IT, THE CAR IS WHAT IT IS

Below is a cut and paste to him from another thread

Andy,

I’m not calling anyone a "Liar" I am very simply saying, There are people [who you've obviously spoken with] who say some things on my H/O are not correct. SO BE IT, I’ve told everyone I’ve spoken to that they need to come inspect the car and make their own decisions as to what they think.

I have told everyone I DON’T WANT TO SELL THIS CAR TO SOME ONE WHO HASN’T SEEN AND INSPECTED IT . ASK RON IF I AM NOT TRUTHFUL.

If you would quit using your head for a retinal thermometer you would/could read my post VERY CLEARLY STATING I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON 69 H/O

I am mystified why this burned up car grasp so much time and or attention?

Don’t You have some valve covers to polish?
Old September 3rd, 2010, 07:03 PM
Banned

James,i specifically asked you if intake was original.

you said "yes"

it's pretty obvious your heads are not D heads and your intake and your air cleaner isn't original

now that your car has been outed as having nothing original but the VIN,

all of a sudden you "don't know anything about these cars".

Although he has never seen the car, he and his "expert" friend have unilaterally determined that the intake and the heads are not "correct"
i never said correct,i said fake.

Last edited by agtw31; September 3rd, 2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old September 4th, 2010, 04:01 AM

Dear Andy,

I have no intentions of posting everything everyone has said about this car. I see little benefit to post,

Pedro says, "The gas cap looks to be a repo."

I do find it quite humorous that, some people who obviously [IMHO] want to change the engine numbers and/or rebody the car are so concerned about what they think is origional vs. what is not.

I do however have a thousand bucks cold cash, [should you wish to put our money where your mouth is] that says there is more than the vin that is correct to this car.

So "Put up or shut up"
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:21 AM
"me somebody" site member

Old September 4th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Banned

I do however have a thousand bucks cold cash, [should you wish to put our money where your mouth is] that says there is more than the vin that is correct to this car.

So "Put up or shut up"
since you mentioned the VIN,have you considerred this car is probably a rebody?

as this pic shows,you have a voltage regulator on the firewall

a 69 H/O would NOT have the voltage regulator on the firewall

but a small block Cutlass would

Old September 4th, 2010, 07:51 AM

You win Andy,

It's not a 69 H/O, It's a small block Cutlass.

I'm off to slit my wrist over the voltage regulator.

Just as soon as I empty out my PM box. It's full of notes from people describing you in very unkind ways.

Funniest thing is, there seems to be universal agreement over one thing. The one word for you.

Sorry, but I can't post it.

I believe you've made a mistake. You have me confused with someone who gives a tinker's hurray what you say.

Good bye
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:10 AM
"me somebody" site member

For the record, rr69ho is Ron DiPietro; not really a friend of Andy's, the relationship would probably be best described as that of a remora to a shark. Though Ron is not Andy's only "host"; generally any of the self-descibed "big dogs" in the hobby are exempt from his "cut and run" tactics, and indeed, they encourage him to "take down" everyone else's cars who don't measure up to "perfect and holy" standards.

I'll say this; his modus operandi (heck everyone else is throwing around the Latin), has been on display on this site, unchecked, for some time (basically a slightly watered down version of his internet persona, carefully crafted over the last decade or so). I've been far more critical of the failure of the moderators to do anything about it than Andy himself (you can't really blame a pig for being a pig). So now a board moderator finally gets his turn to be a target. Its kinda like the 15 minutes of fame Andy Warhol talked about.

Enjoy.
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:38 AM

The name Bad Andy over on ROP fits him better than the moniker agtw31 he uses here, Or you could call him stir the pot Andy, or lets **** everyone of Andy, or several other names to numerous to mention.

This is a forum for discussion not name calling or accusations, it is easy to revert to this kind of tactics on the internet because a person never has to face the one he is accusing, this is becoming a common issue on internet sites and I for one am getting tired of it. Lets all work on being polite and continue with good and productive discussions.

Pat
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Andy contributes nothing to this board. All he does is try and keep something stirred up, aggravate people and peddle his valve covers. Then he has the audacity to criticize other who advertise others who offer stuff for sale. I have lots of tolerance but this board would be better off without him. He even had the audacity to state how much better ROP was then this board. Frankly, he probably belongs over there. Just go and read how much they love him over there.
Old September 4th, 2010, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Andy contributes nothing to this board. All he does is try and keep something stirred up, aggravate people and peddle his valve covers. Then he has the audacity to criticize other who advertise others who offer stuff for sale. I have lots of tolerance but this board would be better off without him. He even had the audacity to state how much better ROP was then this board. Frankly, he probably belongs over there. Just go and read how much they love him over there.
Can't go there any more they kicked me out, I wasn't mouthy enough for them I guess.

Quick Reply: 69 H/O cheap