Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

'71 Olds 98 2dr.

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Texas Jim

'71 Olds 98 2dr.

Complete body f/ sale, or part out if I can sell enough parts at one time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Olds 98 001.jpg (69.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg
Olds 98 003.jpg (96.1 KB, 25 views)
Old November 4th, 2009, 05:50 AM

As I stated earlier Jim, I would be interested in the following parts if you decide to part it out:

rear differential (if it is posi traction)
grill filler panels
nose cone stainless steel trim
both fender skirts (if they are free of rust)
filler panel under front bumper and radiator
floor mats (if they are in good condition)
trunk mat (if it is in good condition)

That is all I can think of right now. BTW, what size aftermarket wheels and tires do you have on your Olds? I know you said you didn't want to sell the wheels, however, it would be nice to know the size so I don't have to do guess work when I get aftermarket wheels for my 98. I've always wondered what size wheel and tire will fit behind the rear fender skirts.
Old November 9th, 2009, 05:19 AM

INTERESTED IN THE RIMS SHIPPED TO 60415
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Texas Jim

Originally Posted by dedsleds
INTERESTED IN THE RIMS SHIPPED TO 60415
The rims are from an '83 Fleetwood I had awhile back, a special order item. They are actually Cragar Star Wires. I've been told that they don't make them anymore, but found them on the internet about 3 years ago, one place had them f/ $199.00 a piece, but most of the places wanted more. I don't know if they were actually discontinued and these guys were selling out inventory they had or if the discontinuation is just a rumor. I haven't checked on them anytime lately. Mine have some rust on them, but what I like is that they take only a very small weight on each wheel to balance them, and they ride really well. They've never been scraped on the curb. I was told by one chrome shop that to rechrome them is $150.00 a piece, then the shipping. I have a spare one too that I bought about 3 years back at PEP BOYS in Shreveport, La. f/ $45.00. They quit selling them, the guy told me he heard the rim was being discontinued, and they had an odd one left. What a deal. I am keeping them. I've had them on three cars and my G20 van since the Fleetwood has been gone.
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:54 AM

Cool story about the rims Jim. You are correct, the Cragar 100 spoke rims aren't manufactured anymore. I had a friend in college with a 55 Chevy Bel Air with the Cragar 100 spoke rims. They were very COOL! He mentioned they were even difficult to find 20 years ago when he built his 55.

BTW, keep us posted if you decide to part out the car.
Old November 11th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Texas Jim

Originally Posted by Olds64
Cool story about the rims Jim. You are correct, the Cragar 100 spoke rims aren't manufactured anymore. I had a friend in college with a 55 Chevy Bel Air with the Cragar 100 spoke rims. They were very COOL! He mentioned they were even difficult to find 20 years ago when he built his 55.

BTW, keep us posted if you decide to part out the car.
I wasn't sure if the wheels were discontinued or not. I've had three different offers from guys on the job site f/ the wheels, as I had them on my van, which I drive to work, f/ about a year. Now I know f/ sure why they made the offers. Hate that they stopped making such a good rim. After-all, 27 years old and still only one small weight p/ wheel f/ balancing.