Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

El Paso TX W-30? car

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2023, 09:51 AM

El Paso TX W-30? car

Saw this car briefly at a W El Paso show last evening. Alleged to be original W-30 car, 455 4 speed car. Blue, no vinyl top. Black bucket seat interior w/ console. Owner "Steve" said it was being put on Ebay possibly even listed already. I don't really know how to post "links" maybe it might be a find for somebody here.
Old March 26th, 2023, 12:04 PM

This car?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/23494623650...Bk9SR9S36PTjYQ

Old March 27th, 2023, 05:04 AM

https://www.ebay.com/sch/6001/i.html...w30+oldsmobile
Oops, didn't see it was already posted above.
Old March 30th, 2023, 08:58 PM

Guys, this is my late fathers car. I'm the legal title holder, his wife sold it with the old title without my permission. It's was stored in my dad's garage, I found it missing when I stopped by to check on things a few months after she sold it. I've been trying to work with the TX DMV and my lawyer to get it back since December. I can tell you that car doesn't have a clear TX title, his title application was rejected and he's taken out a surety bond. From what I was told with a bonded title can't be sold for a period of 3 years. Need some prayers said this doesn't get worse.

Update: My lawyers been in contact with the seller. Just beginning to talk resolution. He believed he bought the car fairly with the situation and the paperwork he was presented, I can accept that. Just wanted to put that out there as I'm not trying to give the guy a bad name or imply wrongdoing. I am thankful for this site being here and the luck of chance to see this thread. Thanks all who made it available.

Last edited by mrb2872; March 31st, 2023 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Added an update
Old March 31st, 2023, 01:32 PM

Guys, this is my late fathers car. I'm the legal title holder, his wife sold it with the old title without my permission. It's was stored in my dad's garage, I found it missing when I stopped by to check on things a few months after she sold it. I've been trying to work with the TX DMV and my lawyer to get it back since December. I can tell you that car doesn't have a clear TX title, his title application was rejected and he's taken out a surety bond. From what I was told with a bonded title can't be sold for a period of 3 years. Need some prayers said this doesn't get worse
I hope that you can get this sorted out with a positive result.
Old March 31st, 2023, 08:07 PM
Banned

No doubt. Hope all works out. People passing can bring out the worst in people.
Old April 1st, 2023, 06:44 AM

The possibility of free money is what does it.
Old May 8th, 2023, 10:48 AM

Update on this. I got the car back last week, that's the good news. The not so great is I had to buy the car back. This has been a 6 month long, frustrating, and tough road.

I had to get the car shipped back. That was an anxiety fill thing in it's own right. I used a company called Fisher Shipping, they're a broker. They carry additional cargo insurance that I didn't see other shipper carried on top of their contract carriers having their own insurance. Anyway, they weren't the cheapest of the quotes I'd gotten, but they had the best BBB rating and their level of contact with me working this all out was great and that sold me on them. Their contract carrier was a husband/wife team with their own enclosed trailer. Very nice folks. So, I'd recommend these guys to anyone whom is in need of a shipping company.

mb
Old May 8th, 2023, 11:03 AM
Banned

How about more pictures and details. Glad you at least got it back. That has to feel good.
Old May 8th, 2023, 11:31 AM
Rocket Renegade!

Hope the car is still sound.
Old May 16th, 2023, 07:49 AM

The pict below is the day she came home. I live in a small town, we've car shows up on town square. I took her up that Friday night and got to share some of the story with folks.

The car seems good. I'm going over things finding things that need done. Somehow the low and hi lights got installed opposite of what they should. Taking the outer stamped metal bezel plates off I see that the headlight retainer ring screws are not possible to get out with the painted headlight housings being removed. The notches that are there are only good for headlight adjustment. So it appears the whole stack up from bezels to the headlight assembly needs to come out to swap the locations of the lamps. Crazy. I'm a design engineer and I'm cussing these ones. Good grief.

The other fun I've just had is going down and into the garage last Tuesday I discovered the garage was ransacked and nearly all this tools and a lot of parts were stolen. His wife I found cancelled the house insurance in December. There's a '64 F-85 project car that the 4-speed was on the floor next to as it was the last thing he'd been working on getting into the car. Gone, along with the shifter and linkage. A tripower manifold. They cut air hose lines, cut hard copper feed lines. Took the dang furnace and left the gas supply just there uncapped, at least they turned the shut off. He was a machinist, they took all his precision measuring tools. Floor jacks, stands. They gave up on the air compressor, or planned to come back for it. They'd staged a bunch of stuff at the door, so I figure they planned a return. Oddly his motorcycle wasn't taken though it easily could've been. I had my engine hoist in the garage, it was outside in front of the garage when we pulled in. The cops took a report. I am not expecting much.

Old May 17th, 2023, 04:24 AM

Glad to hear you got it back..moral of this story is make sure we all have things in order so our kids won’t have to go thru this..sad such **** bags are allowed to do what they do..
Old May 22nd, 2023, 03:18 PM

Halleluiah!