Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Need help!! What's it worth?? Lots of pics!!

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Talking This Has Been Going On For A Week Now!

Originally Posted by 1965CUTLASSHOLIDAY
LOVE IT!! You're a smooth guy there Don...she might just go for that!!
__________________________________________________ _______

What! Your wife STILL won't let you have this really nice F-85!

Tell her that you can buy some 4-4-2 Badges at Fusick. You need one for the grille ($35.00) and two for the rear quarter panels ($29.50 ea.) and stick them on. For only $94.00 you have a car that will be worth $55,000.00!

On a more somber note, the 330 engine (Like the one in my '65 Jetstar 88) with a 2-barrel also has the Ultra High Compression plate on the air cleaner. Also the "Use Premium Fuel" is on the air cleaner as well as the gas tank cap.

If you let $1000 keep you from getting a really nice CS Holiday, maybe you don't want it enough....

Your Friend in Need...

--Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
442 Badge.jpg (4.4 KB, 54 views)
Old May 30th, 2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by silverriff
Sure with eBay........ but if you have to pay a grand or more to have it shipped to you, that kind of cancels out the great initial deal. After looking through this site, most of the guys on here probably wouldn't have paid $2,000 bucks for mine. I paid more than twice that.
Silverriff's statement is probably to single best assessment anyone can use when buying a classic car. you always have to consider not being able to view the car on ebay, the grand or gand and a half it will cost to ship a desert car from Arizona or California to your location in muggy Florida. Like silverriff, I also paid about $750-$1000 more than the car was actually worth. I picked up a 64' cultass that lived its whole life in dry south eastern California. Being able view the solid frame, floors and trunk before purchase reassured me that I was not going to be chasing rust with this project.Driving the car home offset shipping of a potential problem ridden rust bucket from somewhere else in the country. If you have viewed this car and it is as solid as they come in your area....by all means buy the car. Most of us are in this as a hobby, not to make a quick turn around sale. Figure for every dollar you spend you may get 40-50% back on the dollar.
Old May 30th, 2010, 03:55 PM

i dont know about your area but in mn if you park it in the winter the bads spots will move slow and you will have some time to work on them . The salt air might speed things up ?? Looks like a nice old car wish it was closer to me
Old May 30th, 2010, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by 65az
Wow... it is almost a twin to mine.
You still have it Thought it would be gone by now...