Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Nice '76 Vista Cruiser up for Auction in CT - $150

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2009, 12:17 PM
Registered

Nice '76 Vista Cruiser up for Auction in CT - $150

This car looks really nice and it even runs and drives? I wonder what the story is? May just be a dealer trade in. The public can bid on this one too.

http://www.copart.com/c2/onSaleResul...lotId=15178309

That Vista has the weirdest rear bumper ever, you can sit on it and ride outside dragging your feet, or stand on it and ride like a firemen, carry lumber, continental kit?

Last edited by Bluevista; July 31st, 2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:56 PM
Registered Luser

Copart is a salvage and insurance auction....does look nice though, wish there were more details! Maybe I'll by it for $150 and turn it in to $4500....
Old July 31st, 2009, 06:27 PM
Registered

Hey Erik, you are close to that aren't you?
I was sent a link to a pic of a car a guy was selling and it was sitting smashed at copart. I really want that car a lot.
Insurance and salvage? So not a trade-in that was wholesaled. Maybe it was stolen.... or underwater in New Orleans.
Always curious about these cars.
I really like it, maybe we can bid against each other old pal.
(if I wanted it the last thing I would do would be to post it, seen many cars pulled out from under people that way)

I like the '72 Cutlass convertible in Washington state too.

Just needs a front clip...maybe, I know you could fix it and the repair costs are only 15K Erik.

http://www.copart.com/c2/specialSear...lotId=14149709
Old July 31st, 2009, 06:38 PM
Registered Luser

Allen, you do know that vert belonged to a guy here on the site.....hit by a drunk driver. He is now looking for a replacement. If I could, I wouldn't mind getting that Vista...it's only a ferry ride away for me. Of course, if you are seriously interested, depending on when it ends, I could check it out for you!
Old August 1st, 2009, 05:02 AM
Registered

I didn't know that car was from a CO member, hope everything's okay.

I like that wagon but think I just better keep the one pan on the fire for now. How far away are you from it? It really is tempting but I know nothing about these type deals, I do have some extra cash though???

I stopped looking for a daily driver car, my wife said I can use her car and she'll drive the girlie-car Sunfire, she got brains.

The Vista Cruiser is going to be painted as soon as I can get it in, no more messing around.
I have to see if the estimate from last year is still good. It may help to see if the guy knows how to paint cars too.
I figured how much I could do it myself for and by the time you add all the numbers up just not worth it, plus I have no idea what I'm doing anyway.:rolleyes
I'm a carpenter and spend half my time (when there's work) fixing do-it-yourselfer screw ups and fine Amish craftsmanship.
I know an Amish buggy painter, any color choice as long as it's black, I think his name is Yoder Furd.
I have an old trampoline to trade for his work, they love trampolines and volleyball with 50 grown men on each team... all playing at once.
Old August 1st, 2009, 06:06 AM

Allan, you know you need another Vista. The price is right for sure!
Old August 1st, 2009, 06:25 AM
Registered Luser

Allen, just got out of the shower....decided to cut off my footlong beard. No mustache though, as I didn't have one! Just pulled a fresh pair of overalls off the line too! I live, if I take the ferry(not fairy!) across, about 2 hours including ferry time from Hartford! I read up on how to get in the game, and for NY, I need a dealer or dismantler's license. Or you can contact w/the click of a button, a reseller. He does the bidding for you, and buys the car. You then pay him, along with some fees, and you have a car! I'm sure he wouldn't jack up the price too much! Also, you pay your fees before the bidding starts, along w/security. Sounds worse than B-J! Anyway, if it wasn't going down on Tues, I would definitely go after it as I know a few guys w/licenses. Just that I would want to inspect first.....
Old August 1st, 2009, 06:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Allan, you know you need another Vista. The price is right for sure!
Just like I need another wife to go along with this one.
Hmmm, maybe that's not such a bad idea... as long as she has no kids and a really good job.
I know a guy at the flea market with a wife, 4 little kids and a girlfriend, one big happy family. They both work at the laundromat so he doesn't have to waste his valuable picking through garbage cans and dumpsters time with a real job, what more could a guy want????
Oh wait... being single, living in a warm place and having a 442 convertible would be a real dream life.

I think that Vista may be too new for my tastes, '72 is my cut off point unless it's a Trans-Am.

I would really like a U code 4 on the floor '71-2 Vista Cruiser next. Just find one of those 455 babies (with no rust) and I'll be there faster than the national debt is going up with bells on my toes.
Old August 1st, 2009, 07:34 AM
Registered Luser

[QUOTE=ent72olds;97390]....decided to cut off my footlong beard. No mustache though, as I didn't have one! Just pulled a fresh pair of overalls off the line too...QUOTE]

if I offended anybody, it wasn't meant to, I apologize....
Old August 1st, 2009, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ent72olds
Allen, just got out of the shower....decided to cut off my footlong beard. No mustache though, as I didn't have one! Just pulled a fresh pair of overalls off the line too! I live, if I take the ferry(not fairy!) across, about 2 hours including ferry time from Hartford! I read up on how to get in the game, and for NY, I need a dealer or dismantler's license. Or you can contact w/the click of a button, a reseller. He does the bidding for you, and buys the car. You then pay him, along with some fees, and you have a car! I'm sure he wouldn't jack up the price too much! Also, you pay your fees before the bidding starts, along w/security. Sounds worse than B-J! Anyway, if it wasn't going down on Tues, I would definitely go after it as I know a few guys w/licenses. Just that I would want to inspect first.....

Oops, sorry, didn't know any Amish body guys lived on Long Island. We "English" are very bad. I'm sure all the Amish Olds guys are upset with you Erik, maybe there are some? Did Olds make buggies? the REO horsewagon, need a new 2 horsepower or less section in the forum.
I would be wary of the coverall wearing bearded guys, watch out for ZZ Top.

Erik, just missed you, answering Rob and you got between posts.
I was looking and see you need a resellers license in CT. That car is seriously clean in the pics, keeps tugging at me even though it doesn't meet my year criteria, I just really like wagons. All the red tape makes it hard, I would never think of buying it without looking at it or have it inspected, even with inspections you never know. I went and looked at a car just west of Philadelphia last week, took 6-1/2 hours to get there. It looked good in pics and the guy failed to mention all the problems I didn't specifically ask about, felt like punching the 75 year old guy out.
I did get to see the last full size Grand Prix ever built though, the curbstoner dealer dude was a Cadillac dealer back in the day and knew the Poncho big wigs. The car was sitting in his living room, 12 miles on it. Non-standard custom mustardy yellow color with a burgundy vinyl T-top deal and matching crushed velvet/mouse fur interior... ick.

Last edited by Bluevista; August 1st, 2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old August 1st, 2009, 07:57 AM
Registered Luser

I don't really understand the site, but if I'm reading correctly, there is no reserve? Shoot, if somebody buys it for $500 I'll be pissed! I like wagons and oddball stuff so the GP you were talking about, I would like too!
The biggest problem would be getting the Vista home...would have to trailer, which I don't have, and would have to drive all the way around as I would'nt be able to go on the ferry....
Old August 1st, 2009, 08:20 AM
Registered Luser

[QUOTE=Bluevista;97406]Oops, sorry, didn't know any Amish body guys lived on Long Island. We "English" are very bad. I'm sure all the Amish Olds guys are upset with you Erik, maybe there are some? Did Olds make buggies? the REO horsewagon, need a new 2 horsepower or less section in the forum.
I would be wary of the coverall wearing bearded guys, watch out for ZZ Top.

QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!......yeah, I guess they wouldn't be driving, or reading a computer, maybe in a closet somewhere where he can't be discovered! I saw something on 20/20 about that! The "Modern Amish of the 20th Century"...it was on last week! Although their computers were DOS.....
Old August 1st, 2009, 08:24 AM

I was thinking it...but YOU said it!!!
Funny...tactless...but funny.
Old August 1st, 2009, 01:02 PM
Registered

Tactless? what's tact?

My car doesn't have a tac????

I've seen them with stereos in their buggies.
They have 12 volt batteries for the rear running light at night and make good use of it. One guy I saw had it cranked, looked totally wasted with a big grin on his face, cracked windshield, horse looked real nasty too.
They do get DUI's, Amish buggy with court ordered DUI party plates.

I was behind a coupe of them the other day, two about 12 year old boys. They were in a 2 wheel sulky deal and a small shiny black horse was pulling it, they were all over the road and that thing was flying, I wouldn't pass them.
It's probably like a musclecar to them.
They were going by other farms showing off to the girls jumping around out front on trampolines and roller skating. The Amish girls all look the same... I heard they have nice personalities.

Tactless????
Old August 1st, 2009, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Tactless? what's tact?

My car doesn't have a tac????

I've seen them with stereos in their buggies.
They have 12 volt batteries for the rear running light at night and make good use of it. One guy I saw had it cranked, looked totally wasted with a big grin on his face, cracked windshield, horse looked real nasty too.
They do get DUI's, Amish buggy with court ordered DUI party plates.

I was behind a coupe of them the other day, two about 12 year old boys. They were in a 2 wheel sulky deal and a small shiny black horse was pulling it, they were all over the road and that thing was flying, I wouldn't pass them.
It's probably like a musclecar to them.
They were going by other farms showing off to the girls jumping around out front on trampolines and roller skating. The Amish girls all look the same... I heard they have nice personalities.

Tactless????
LOFL
Old August 1st, 2009, 04:18 PM

Wow, that's really really nice. Don't see many of those around, cool!
Old August 2nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Banned

better double check that they have a title

some of these insurance auctions,the car doesnt come with a title,or has a salvage title.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by agtw31
better double check that they have a title

some of these insurance auctions,the car doesnt come with a title,or has a salvage title.
Good question, hate to buy a pig in a poke.

The listing says Connecticut Bill of Sale so I checked.
Pre 1981 cars don't require a title in Connecticut, just a bill of sale which is good as a title I guess. I noticed they have in-transit registrations for out of state buyers for 20 bucks with proof of insurance and stuff, pretty cool.

There's the 1975 wagon on evilbay right now, cool listing pic that I liberated from the owner, Shell gas station???

Old August 2nd, 2009, 07:25 PM
Registered Luser

Up to $475 Allen! If you can get that for a G or less, it would be worth the plane ticket to Hartford and drive it back! What are you waiting for!!!
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:37 PM
Registered

Up to $475 Allen! If you can get that for a G or less, it would be worth the plane ticket to Hartford and drive it back! What are you waiting for!!!
I'd never make it through airport security. I'd be way overweight and have to pay tons for all the cash, tools and parts I would have to take with me to feel half confident driving that thing back.

The car is too new for me anyway, plus it looks like an art-deco locomotive in front.

All yours Erik.

I have to stay focused like a Shark with a laser beam on it's head on my Vista Cruiser.
Well.....at the very least as focused as a weak flashlight you got to keep smacking to stay on.
Old August 4th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Registered Luser

How much?

Anyone know what the car went for?
Old August 5th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Registered

Anyone know what the car went for?
It was $675 the last time I looked, I don't know the final number either? Hopefully it went for a lot so I won't feel that bad.

That car will be untouched on some "Classic Car" sales lot or some curbstoner will be trying to flip it for about 6-7K any day now, watch evilbay.

Maybe being on here a private buyer caught wind of it and went for it, that would be cool.
Old August 9th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Registered

Here it is again

I knew the car would come up on evilbay pretty quick, less than a week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm....c0.m245#v4-36