The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

#10 for Brady

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2021, 04:13 AM

#10 for Brady

He is going to the super bowl for the tenth time.
Wonder if his old coach still thinks he is washed up.
Old January 25th, 2021, 07:31 AM
Oldsdruid

😎 When you're good, you're good. Age has nothing to do with it long as you can still deliver the goods!

My own experience: since I retired I still get calls from the plant about things they can't figure out. One of 'em called last year and I told the kid "you called me an old wore-out nag shortly before I left. Go f*** yourself."

When a different one who had always been a pleasure to work with called an hour later for the same thing, I gave him what he needed to know.

And Tom Brady is a way better QB than I ever was a powerplant operator! And still delivers!
Old January 25th, 2021, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
😎 When you're good, you're good. Age has nothing to do with it long as you can still deliver the goods!

My own experience: since I retired I still get calls from the plant about things they can't figure out. One of 'em called last year and I told the kid "you called me an old wore-out nag shortly before I left. Go f*** yourself."

When a different one who had always been a pleasure to work with called an hour later for the same thing, I gave him what he needed to know.

And Tom Brady is a way better QB than I ever was a powerplant operator! And still delivers!
Raider, I will gladly buy you beer for telling that young *** to shove it. Amazing.

I got ten years left till 25 in and I can retire with benefits. It is usually touch and go most days.
Old January 25th, 2021, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by rocketraider

One thing I have noticed about getting older and retiring (this could be a good thing or a bad thing) I care way less about what people think about me or what I do! and I am far more likely to let them know that. It doesn't mean I wont help when called upon as long as it's a honest request and not born of laziness.
As for Tom Brady, I was never a Brady fan but I don't think it was Brady, personally I think it was the Bilichick/Brady combo and the fact that I was getting tired of the Patriots every year. Tom Brady the Q.B. he will go down in history as the best ever, he's got the rings to back it up and the career froth with comebacks and last minute heroics. Few if any will play as long as he has.
You have to look no further than the fact that he joined a team (the Bucs) that had talent but was going no where and now their going to the Superbowl. The proof is in the pudding !!! P/S X2 on telling the guy to go ---- himself !!
Old January 25th, 2021, 09:32 AM
Oldsdruid

Retired folk can get away with a lot more retired than they ever could while they were working!😼
Old January 25th, 2021, 10:20 AM
Frank Ignachuck

Originally Posted by Grayghost
He is going to the super bowl for the tenth time.
Wonder if his old coach still thinks he is washed up.

Old January 25th, 2021, 11:49 AM

Being from Michigan I was a Brady fan until he left U of M for New England. Then, like Solly, it wasn't so much Brady personally I disliked, it was the New England, Kraft, Belichick, Brady culture of win at all costs that pissed me off. All the times Belichick was caught stealing signs/signals and spying on other teams, and who can forget Brady's "Inflategate"! New England was too good to have to stoop to that kind of sh#%! They have their trophies, but lost all honor and respect in my eyes!
Old January 25th, 2021, 02:03 PM
Jeff

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Being from Michigan I was a Brady fan until he left U of M for New England. Then, like Solly, it wasn't so much Brady personally I disliked, it was the New England, Kraft, Belichick, Brady culture of win at all costs that pissed me off. All the times Belichick was caught stealing signs/signals and spying on other teams, and who can forget Brady's "Inflategate"! New England was too good to have to stoop to that kind of sh#%! They have their trophies, but lost all honor and respect in my eyes!
As a UM fan, I rooted for NE in their first couple of SB's with Brady, but since then, enough already. Plus, I'm sure you'll agree with me here: Boston SUCKS! I was a HUGE Pistons fan during the Bad Boys era, so getting disappointed by not being able to get past the Celtics for a couple of years really bred some sports hatred for that city.

Deflategate is *the* dumbest allegation of cheating, though. The NFL permits each team to have their own set of footballs to use on offense, so the QB of each team can have their ***** at whatever pressure they want, so long as it's within the prescribed psi. I don't think being slightly underinflated gives a team a particular advantage, especially if you've ever tried to catch a ball from an NFL QB. There's a reason why pro receivers are pros, because they can catch and run.

Now that Brady is in his 10th SB, this time with another team, just proves that he isn't a cheater. It proves he made a deal with the devil! (I'm joking, of course, but it sure makes me wonder....)
Old January 25th, 2021, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Weezer

Deflategate is *the* dumbest allegation of cheating, though. The NFL permits each team to have their own set of footballs to use on offense, so the QB of each team can have their ***** at whatever pressure they want, so long as it's within the prescribed psi. I don't think being slightly underinflated gives a team a particular advantage, especially if you've ever tried to catch a ball from an NFL QB. There's a reason why pro receivers are pros, because they can catch and run.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on your Deflategate position. I played 12-years of organized football, four at the college level as a slot receiver. The biggest advantage gained from an under inflated ball is not by the receiver, but by the QB throwing it, especially in cold, damp weather. The ball is significantly easier to throw in cold or damp conditions if it is under inflated because the QB can get a much firmer grip on the ball. I firmly believe Brady is the GOAT, his stats and championships prove this. I just don't respect him for feeling like he had to gain an unfair advantage to do it, the same goes for Belechick!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; January 25th, 2021 at 04:16 PM.
Old January 25th, 2021, 04:07 PM

Brady is the current GOAT for sure. When he starts running out of fingers with Super Bowl rings, I think he'll retire. It ain't braggin' if you can back it up. And he does. It's not JUST him though. It's the rest of the team. They're playing like they want it. Sometimes it takes a great player to inject a bit more confidence in an already capable team. I think he was that one piece of glue the Bucs needed to get over the hump.

But make no mistake. Pat Mahomes is going to get better and better the way he's going. As long as he doesn't get killed out there when scrambling, I think he'll be another one that could make a run for GOAT. What, he just got in 46 total games? And been in the playoffs all 3 seasons he's been in the league (ok, 1 regular game in 2018) and already 2 trips to the Bowl. He's only 8 Super Bowls away from Brady's record. And only lost once in the playoffs so far. Not saying he's going to catch up or pass Tom Terrific, but he's off to a great start. You have to admit, he's pretty darn good for a "kid". To me, Brady is more "old" school, like a Montana. Poised, stoic, knows the field and reads defenses like a ****. Right now, nobody better, IMO. But Mahomes is "new" school.

Sadly, I'm a Rams fan, first in LA, then St. Louis, then back in LA. My gloating moments in life is beating Seattle. Everything else is gravy. No worries if Mahomes or Brady loses, I don't care all that much, but I still respect both guys' mad skills with the football. Gotta give credit where credit is due. And although they're not on my teams, it's going to be two of the best quarterbacks out there. Not saying a Rodgers/Allen SB wouldn't have been somewhat fun, but, well, they lost. Maybe next year.
Old January 25th, 2021, 10:12 PM

All the teams in the NFL were doing the same thing taping, watching signs, 3 other teams the next season and 1 other right after the pats, got caught also. but no outrage there.
The deflategate was proven to be b/s by science majors, in many Colleges , most not even in N.E.
The best part is the team that started these "stories" both got caught pulling the same crap next season. pfft.
Old January 25th, 2021, 10:21 PM

I have to respectfully disagree with you on your Deflategate position. I played 12-years of organized football, four at the college level as a slot receiver. The biggest advantage gained from an under inflated ball is not by the receiver, but by the QB throwing it, especially in cold, damp weather. The ball is significantly easier to throw in cold or damp conditions if it is under inflated because the QB can get a much firmer grip on the ball. I firmly believe Brady is the GOAT, his stats and championships prove this. I just don't respect him for feeling like he had to gain an unfair advantage to do it, the same goes for Belechick!
It was proven, in testing from college majors in science. They took footballs that they filled to regulation psi in a locker room, and then cooled them to game day temp. They also took an filled a ball at the temp the game was played at, to the psi claimed it was "found to be at," and then moved to a room the same temp as a locker room. guess what, it was per the regulations , but the difference in temp at game time, caused it to be just under regulations. The COLTS did this also, and why they knew to call that b/s. There ***** were under regulation the next game. funny that was only a blimp on the news.
The hate for the THAT team overtook logic,reason and science. People want to believe what they believe. The ones screaming the loudest were those that had records about to fall. That told the story and big picture. 4 other teams caught videotaping, non story, Pats get reported doing it the world loses their minds. Some saw it for what it was.
Oh, and I am not a pats fan, or a fan of football . But I saw it for what it was.

Last edited by Grayghost; January 25th, 2021 at 10:25 PM.
Old January 26th, 2021, 02:50 AM

Nice to see not everyone believes the hype. If people really investigated the bs and the exact allegations, they would realize its just that BS. Jealousy and resentment is rampant in today's society and no place more than professional sports. When your on top, people love to see you fall.
Old January 26th, 2021, 04:44 PM

Old January 26th, 2021, 06:35 PM
Banned

We will see if Belichick turns out like Shannahan here in Denver. Everyone thought he was the man. Once Elway was gone he didn't/couldn't win squat. I predict the same for Belichick.

I really don't see Brady losing this game. Mahomes is a good young quarterback. He keeps running the ball and that carrer will be short lived. He is already hurt. More than they are letting on. Quarterbacks that rely on trickery and running too much pay the price..

By the way nice pickup of Cam the sham Newton. Once Denver kicked his over confident smack talking *** in the Superbowl he was never the same. Never will be. Chump. Plenty of reasons no other team would pick him up. He sucks!

Last edited by no1oldsfan; January 26th, 2021 at 06:38 PM.
Old January 27th, 2021, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by solly
One thing I have noticed about getting older and retiring (this could be a good thing or a bad thing) I care way less about what people think about me or what I do! and I am far more likely to let them know that. It doesn't mean I wont help when called upon as long as it's a honest request and not born of laziness.
It's not an age thing. It's called being comfortable and confident with yourself and can happen at any time. I have been that way since I was 20 (30+ years ago). I'm happy with myself, could care less what people think of me, don't try to impress, not looking to be everyone's friend, and I never hurry. Whatever happens is going to happen and rushing to it or from it will rarely change anything.

Enjoy the moment. You'll be happier.