The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

After the 3 shots, still got it.

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2022, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rallye469
Eric, glad you came out the other side easily enough. I finally caught it last week as well.
Today is day 4 and I feel just about back to normal.

Can I ask if your blood type is O- ?
A LOT of the folks I know who've gone this far without catching it are.
I'm A+ for blood type. I'm also retired and am not around people much anymore.
Old August 12th, 2022, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rallye469
Can I ask if your blood type is O- ?
A LOT of the folks I know who've gone this far without catching it are.
FWIW I've heard the same thing. I'm O-, my wife is O+ and I don't know what my kids are but I'm pretty sure if there aren't either "O" type then they aren't my kids....lol....

anyway, NONE of us got it until the latest variant and so far I'm the only one that's gotten sick. When I say sick, I use the term very loosely. Sick is currently defined as testing positive which requires that I be out of work (I can actually work from home fairly easily) for 5 days and then masking for 5 days.I had a 99.5 degree fever for a day and my head was congested (it's much better after three days). Had we not had a family funeral to attend tomorrow (not COVID related) I wouldn't have even tested and I'd still be at work.

I was so sick today that I pulled this in from the dock during my lunch break. I might start getting COVID more often

Last edited by allyolds68; August 12th, 2022 at 01:58 PM.
Old August 12th, 2022, 02:15 PM
Administrator

I've come down with a respiratory infection, so taking some antibiotics to try and clear that up before it becomes full blown pneumonia. Don't underestimate Covid if you have underlying conditions, it can get out of hand quickly. Day 12.
Old August 12th, 2022, 02:26 PM

Two Studies Debunk Connection Between Blood Type and COVID-19 Risk

https://ashpublications.org/ashclinicalnews/news/5218/Two-Studies-Debunk-Connection-Between-Blood-Type
Old August 12th, 2022, 02:35 PM
Running On Empty

Here's hoping it's a bacterial respiratory infection (which can be treated via antibiotics) as opposed to a viral respiratory infection (which cannot). Glad you (evidently) followed up with a visit so as to get on antibiotics immediately. I'm assuming you were prescribed an oral antibiotic regimen and not IV?
Old August 12th, 2022, 02:46 PM

For needed relief given by a prescribed bronchodilator class drug, it would not matter whether the origin of pneumonia is viral or bacterial.
Old August 12th, 2022, 03:08 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Tri-Carb
For needed relief given by a prescribed bronchodilator class drug, it would not matter whether the origin of pneumonia is viral or bacterial.
It's unclear why you're bring this up. Of course a bronchodilator is w/o regard to the origin of pneumonia. It DOES make a difference if the origin is bacterial; and, as I stated, antibiotics are ineffective against viral pneumonia.
Old August 13th, 2022, 09:51 AM
Administrator

I think the antibiotics are starting to work. I'm feeling better and my chest is starting to clear. I actually got a good nights sleep without trying to hack up a lung.
Old August 14th, 2022, 02:40 PM
Rocket Renegade!

Glad you're feeling better. Best wishes for continued recovery.
Old August 14th, 2022, 06:24 PM
Banned

Funny comment about O type people not getting it. Huh guess what I am...

Sucks to see people get sick anytime. Stay healthy people.
Old August 15th, 2022, 10:01 AM

I hear you can possibly lose your taste................in CARs
Old August 15th, 2022, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by leftlaneonly
I hear you can possibly lose your taste................in CARs
I did for a short time, forgot to mention that. I'm definitely on the road to recovery. My only advice is that if you have underlying lung issues and start to get severe chest congestion that won't clear by coughing, see a doctor. I had 10 day supply of antibiotics laying around from a tooth issue that were the same for treating lower respiratory tract infections at the proper dosage, luckily they worked. Day 15.
Old August 16th, 2022, 03:27 AM

Just personal experience. No matter what I say, one of the experts will tell me I'm wrong. I'm O- blood type. I give blood 4 times a year. The Red Cross tells me it's used for "Babies blood." I've had "it" twice. IMO, the key is to keep it from going to your respiratory system. I did a few things and in my case it didn't go to my lungs and in a week I was okay. I posted originally to possibly help with what I felt helped me. Btw, I don't like Kool-Aid. If anyone wants information, pm me.
Old August 16th, 2022, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tri-Carb

Two Studies Debunk Connection Between Blood Type and COVID-19 Risk

https://ashpublications.org/ashclinicalnews/news/5218/Two-Studies-Debunk-Connection-Between-Blood-Type
Yet that very article states:
Patients with blood types B and AB who received a COVID-19 test were more likely to test positive and those with type O were less likely to test positive.
Old August 16th, 2022, 11:29 AM

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a3...irus-covid-19/

People with Type O blood might be slightly more protected from the virus, and people with Type A slightly more vulnerable.”

Last edited by Tri-Carb; August 16th, 2022 at 11:35 AM.
Old August 16th, 2022, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by 69CSHC
Glad to see I am not the only RFK junior enthusiast... Here below are screenshots from my personal notes.
Bobby Kennedy Jr’s own family has repudiated his anti-vax campaign and he has been banned from major websites for promoting propaganda.

Just 12 People Are Behind Most Vaccine Hoaxes On Social Media, Research Shows : NPR

He is one of the 12.

Last edited by Tri-Carb; August 17th, 2022 at 01:52 AM.
Old August 18th, 2022, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Day 18, tested negative for the virus. Still have some congestion and a mild cough, nothing severe just annoying. Have a couple more days supply of antibiotics to go through. The wife has some congestion and a mild cough still and also tested negative today. Like I said a few days ago, be careful with symptoms as the virus can lead to pneumonia in a blink of the eye. Catch it before it does. Overall, the ordeal was the equivalent of a bad case of the flu. Thank you to all the well-wishers and comments.
Old September 2nd, 2022, 08:12 AM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8248252/
Old September 2nd, 2022, 08:45 AM

For those that like to cut the the chase:

Conclusions:

Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.
Old September 2nd, 2022, 08:48 AM
Administrator

That study was done a year ago and other recent studies found that it was mostly ineffective. Very confusing. I have read that contracting this latest strain does not prevent you from getting it again. Apparently your body will not build an immunity to it.
Meanwhile, I've completely recovered and my taste is coming back. Outside of the respiratory infection that I took a left over prescription of anti-biotics for, there was no need to see any medical professionals.
Old September 2nd, 2022, 09:03 AM
'70 4-Speed W Machine

Post #58 & 59 - Mmmmm.

From the footnotes:

"...this review received no funding. This updated version was funded by the crowdfunding initiative https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-us-get-lifesaving-drug-approved-for-covid19"

Old September 2nd, 2022, 09:24 AM

The study you posted was published in June, 2021. The FDA and the CDC has addressed this, so called, conflict in the studies. This is why the June, 2022 Duke\ Vanderbilt trial was commissioned:

Ivermectin | COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines (nih.gov)

"Although there have been many ivermectin studies, only a few trials have been adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted. More recent clinical trials address the limitations of earlier studies but fail to show clear evidence that ivermectin reduces time to recovery or prevents COVID-19 disease progression. For this reason, and because several medications now have demonstrated clinical benefit for the treatment of COVID-19, the Panel recommends against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19, except in a clinical trial (AIIa). Additional adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted trials are needed to evaluate the effect of ivermectin on COVID-19. The Panel will continue to review emerging data on ivermectin use, including the results from 2 large, ongoing randomized controlled trials."

The foregoing FDA statement was published April, 2022. Then in June, 2022, the long awaited Duke study that the FDA referenced was pending was published.

The medical publication, STAT, thoroughly discusses how we got to this state of affairs regarding the off label use of Ivermectin for the treatment of Covid 19. You can look it up.

Last edited by Tri-Carb; September 2nd, 2022 at 11:26 AM.
Old September 16th, 2022, 04:08 PM
Running On Empty

Received my 5th SARS-CoV-2 vaccination (updated Pfizer-BioNTech Bivalent COVID-19 booster) this evening.
Old September 16th, 2022, 04:21 PM
Administrator

I don’t know if I’m going to get that one right away if at all.
Old September 16th, 2022, 04:33 PM
Running On Empty

Eh, it's the latest & greatest. The Pfizer-BioNTech Omicron BA.4/BA.5 Bivalent Vaccine combines 15-µg of mRNA encoding the wild-type spike protein found in the Original Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (50%) and 15-µg of mRNA encoding the spike protein of the Omicron BA.4/BA.5 subvariants (50%). Of the two sub-variants currently circulating, BA.5 is the more transmissible of the two and is causing 65% of cases, while BA.4 is causing 17%. And, like most folks should already know, these two sub-variants are not as lethal as the original SARS-CoV-2 virus - less/fewer hospitalizations, less critical, less morbidity. However, like any respiratory viral infection, it's the cytokine storm which knocks the dog poop out of you and renders you fatigued and weak - a prime candidate for catching an opportunistic pneumonia infection I'd rather stay clear of.
Old September 16th, 2022, 05:00 PM
Running On Empty

Eric - At any rate, I'm glad to see you have recovered from both COVID-19 & your bout w/ pneumonia. I think I personally know ~20-25 folks who were vaccinated and caught COVID-19. Most were like yours - loss of smell/taste, cough, headache, fatigue. Cough lasted a long time.

Not to takeaway from the importance of COVID and the topic of this thread, but a friend of mine (Ben) scraped his leg ~1.5 months ago (here in North Carolina). He's watching T.V. that evening and one of his dogs is licking his scraped leg. The next morning his scrape is the size of a golf ball, towards the evening he's feeling weak and the golf ball is growing larger and a deep red rash is spreading around the golf ball sized scrape. He spent the next three days in the hospital on an IV Antibiotic drip. He came down w/ a Capnocytophaga infection. It's modestly rare, but has a 30% mortality. Talk about an opportunistic infection - yikes.
Old September 16th, 2022, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Eric - At any rate, I'm glad to see you have recovered from both COVID-19 & your bout w/ pneumonia. I think I personally know ~20-25 folks who were vaccinated and caught COVID-19. Most were like yours - loss of smell/taste, cough, headache, fatigue. Cough lasted a long time.

Not to takeaway from the importance of COVID and the topic of this thread, but a friend of mine (Ben) scraped his leg ~1.5 months ago (here in North Carolina). He's watching T.V. that evening and one of his dogs is licking his scraped leg. The next morning his scrape is the size of a golf ball, towards the evening he's feeling weak and the golf ball is growing larger and a deep red rash is spreading around the golf ball sized scrape. He spent the next three days in the hospital on an IV Antibiotic drip. He came down w/ a Capnocytophaga infection. It's modestly rare, but has a 30% mortality. Talk about an opportunistic infection - yikes.
I read a strory about a guy who had let his dog lick him in the mouth and he lost both arms and legs. Some kind of weird deal about it being passed from his dog.
Found it
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ick/877895002/

Last edited by 66-3X2 442; September 16th, 2022 at 06:55 PM.
Old September 17th, 2022, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
I don’t know if I’m going to get that one right away if at all.
I received the bivalent injection the first day that it was available here (the 7th) with no adverse reaction.
Old September 18th, 2022, 05:48 PM

I have to say, to each his or her own with getting the jab. I travel around the state and see people in different locations every day and get reasonably friendly with a lot of folks. I'm hearing about so many people getting blood clots lately. People in there younger years I really hope it isn't due to these vaccinations.
Old September 18th, 2022, 06:16 PM

Glad you are doing better now. My wife and I both had it a little over a year ago. That is when I got the first call from Leno of all things... My wife was hammered pretty hard by it but I just had one day of feeling slightly ill. Last month my wife got it again but not nearly as bad as last year. I think I had it again also but didn't get tested because work don't require it any longer. We treat it as any other cold or flu at work now. None of my family or even extended family has had the vaccine or any boosters and my wife and I are the only two that have had it. I now have access to HCQ and zinc, will give that to my wife next time as it seams to hit her much harder than many people
Old September 19th, 2022, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by 1970greensupreme
I have to say, to each his or her own with getting the jab. I travel around the state and see people in different locations every day and get reasonably friendly with a lot of folks. I'm hearing about so many people getting blood clots lately. People in there younger years I really hope it isn't due to these vaccinations.

Covid deaths in the USA are down to about 400 per day. To me, the least discussed today, and more significant risk, is the development of long haul Covid 19.
Long COVID or Post-COVID Conditions | CDC

For just one illustration, see the association of Covid 19 with the onset of Alzheimer’s disease.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2022-09-16/covid-appears-to-raise-risk-for-alzheimers-disease

Through vaccinations, the Polio virus was eradicated worldwide, except for Afghanistan and Pakistan. With the recent resurgence of the Polio virus in the USA, among some who escaped what I once viewed as a compulsory vaccination, the consequences of avoiding vaccinations may become all too obvious.

Last edited by Tri-Carb; September 19th, 2022 at 04:15 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2022, 04:20 AM

A new study indicates about 20% of Europeans that contracted Covid were left with long haul symptoms.

https://m.dw.com/en/who-17-million-i...0fc22c9b1b7c50
Old September 22nd, 2022, 05:08 AM

Just found out Tues evening my daughters boyfriend tested positive for Covid and of course our daughter got a positive test yesterday. The wife and I have been out with them as late as this past Sunday evening in the closed quarters of an hour drive so we'll see. Out of all of us I'm the only one who's been positive before, back in Feb. of this year. The only one vaccinated out of the four of us is my daughter.
Old September 28th, 2022, 04:25 AM

“About 40,000 Americans died of Covid this summer. That toll means that Covid is continuing to kill many more people each day than vehicle crashes, gun violence, the flu or many other health threats.

The situation is especially tragic because most of these Covid deaths could have been prevented — if only more Americans had received vaccine shots, including booster shots for older people and others with vulnerable health.”

The latest on shots

New York Times, 9-28-22

Last edited by Tri-Carb; September 28th, 2022 at 04:27 AM.
Old September 28th, 2022, 04:42 AM

But didnt Biden say the pandemic is over?
Old September 28th, 2022, 07:19 AM

I think any remaining debate references the crossover point from a pandemic back to an epidemic and whether we have reached that point.
Old September 28th, 2022, 08:18 AM
Bfg

Biden has said many things that aren’t true
Old September 28th, 2022, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bfg
Biden has said many things that aren’t true
Compared to commander bonespur???
Old September 28th, 2022, 06:43 PM

Where's Jackie?

Don W
Old September 28th, 2022, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Shifty Sidney
Where's Jackie?

Don W
Well played Sir,well played.

Quick Reply: After the 3 shots, still got it.