The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Bear is back, again

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2024, 11:05 AM

Bear is back, again

Same story, different year. Bear made the rounds in the neighborhood, made a mess for some, but only got into my trash at the bottom of my driveway. Actually, I got off good compared to last time. My dog went crazy barking in the middle of the night, but wouldn't leave the garage even though the doggie door was open. She's been around bears before and is smart not to go near big hairy things in the night. If he stays around much longer, Fish and Game or the neighbors will take care of the problem... Tedd
Old May 15th, 2024, 11:19 AM

I hope you don't have to put up with it for much longer Tedd. If we were closer I know a couple hunters who'd love to take care of the problem for you! How are you feeling? How is your mobility?
Old May 15th, 2024, 11:26 AM

I hope he doesn't continue to pester you.
Old May 15th, 2024, 10:02 PM

Getting along about just OK. Seems slow to me, but my physical therapist thinks I'm doing good, I have been told that I'm just a very impatient person. I have been doing a little driving (mostly in the Mistress), short stuff to eateries and to the Old man's place . I would like to go to the coast for a visit but couldn't handle the distance as yet. ...Tedd
Old May 16th, 2024, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
Getting along about just OK. Seems slow to me, but my physical therapist thinks I'm doing good, I have been told that I'm just a very impatient person. I have been doing a little driving (mostly in the Mistress), short stuff to eateries and to the Old man's place . I would like to go to the coast for a visit but couldn't handle the distance as yet. ...Tedd
Tedd, if I tell my job to shove it, I can road trip out there, shoot the thing, take it away, find a taxidermist on the take, and bring you back a nice rug next year.
Old May 17th, 2024, 08:39 AM

Back again this morning, gal friend and I got to watch the thing snooping around at the base of my house looking for breakfast! Pretty large bear with a bad limp. Looks like it may have lost some of its toes. My neighbor called and said he saw it on my wheelchair ramp, looking at my entree, glad my garbage was picked up yesterday.

Koda, thanks for the offer. I don't know if you have ever messed with a dead bear, but they are harder to handle than a hog and usually stink, don't drag worth a damn unless tied to a Toyota. I'll let Fish and Game take care of this problem... Tedd