The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

earbuds !!!

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2022, 05:47 PM

earbuds !!!

Lets face it we all have a little dinosaur in us that's why we all have our Oldsmobile's a blast from the past and our attempts to hold on to a little bit of yesterday.
I'm guilty of being a dinosaur and I am proud of it however every now and then I come out of the cave and take a peek around. Yesterday
I put my toe in the technology pond and wound up going for a swim !!
You see we are finally going on our Alaskan Land and sea adventure. We have to fly in to Fairbanks, now I don't mind flying but at the 2 hour mark I have had it, I get fidgety, (I cant sleep on airplanes ) and I need something to keep me occupied. I have listened to music on my I-Phone but that's not enough and the tethered earphones always wind up being a tangled pain in the *** ! so I finally decided on a set of TWB earbuds.so I can watch in-flight movies on my phone, I didn't want to spend a fortune since I don't think I will use them that much. I settled on what's considered a budget / entry level set, they are JBL ( I have had very good luck with their products) Vibe 100's $29.99 at Target .
I'm glad I embraced technology these things are great ! they work perfectly, paired up very easy with my phone and even our new T.V. and sound pretty damn good, I cant believe the technology that is packed in to these things for 30 bucks !!! I didn't need jogger proven rigs
(I aint running unless its from my wife or towards a triple decker ham sandwich) or anything real fancy.
I don't know if I will get the same service out of them as my giant 1970's Koss headphones but we will see.
sometimes technology is pretty cool.
Old May 21st, 2022, 06:07 PM

I loved my massive Koss headphones with the long stretchy cord!

What ports are you visiting on your cruise?
Old May 21st, 2022, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by VI Cutty
I loved my massive Koss headphones with the long stretchy cord!

What ports are you visiting on your cruise?
Sure seems like a bad time to be going om a cruise with the state of things but my dear wife has been waiting 40 years for this, it was booked two years ago when things were still sane !!Anchorage to Vancouver, Canada
Land first (3 days), followed by cruise (7 days)
4 Land Destinations Anchorage | Mt. Mckinley Princess Wilderness Lodge | Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge | Whittier
5 Ports Anchorage (Whittier), Alaska | Hubbard Glacier (Scenic Cruising), Alaska | Glacier Bay National Park (Scenic Cruising), Alaska | Skagway, Alaska | Juneau, Alaska | Victoria, Canada | Vancouver, Canada originally the itinerary included Sitka but for some reason that got changed to Victoria. I think I'm going to need a diet and a vacation from my vacation when I return, hope my knees last, this also includes several train rides, a riverboat ride and two other land excursions one on ATV,s
Old May 21st, 2022, 07:43 PM

I flew 2 weeks a month for 20 years or so all over the globe. I was a heavy, heavy user of headphones since I hate noise, particularly aircraft engine noise. Also drunk hotel guests in neighboring rooms. Also intrusive airport announcements that you can’t turn off. For all these noises, in-ear help, but over-the-ear cans really, really help.

Hearty recommendation for noise canceling over-the-ear headphones. They will allow you (with a little practice) to sleep on planes. Or next to a snoring spouse…

For years I used the Bose QC series, but I bit the bullet about a year ago and splurged on the Apple over-the-ear cans (airpod pro max ?). Best ever.

Price is 2x normal. No doubt pricey. They sound perfect, pair easily, keep noise out, and are super comfortable.

If you go down this rabbit hole the price point starts around $250 and tops out around $600, but if you figure you’re recapturing hours of sleep or solitude, the cost may be worth it to you.

The brands to compare are Bose, Sony and Apple, if you ask me. Wishing you all the solitude in the world from your new ‘phones.

Cheers
Chris