The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Green all around us

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Hookers under Hood

Green all around us

I'm not sure if this is just where I live but the town has began painting large green boxes in the middle of the road at each intersection in each lane , with a white bicycle painted in the middle of the box.
I'm wondering when they won't allow my 76 olds to drive on these streets here.
Now I don't mind going green to an extent but really???
We live in a bedroom town most travel to the city for work. WTF?
I'd hate to have to pull out and pass a 10 speed at 5am going to work and get ticketed .
I'm not going to get into what they are proposing by 2030 here in Ontario but it may be time to sell the Cutlass and buy a bike before I'm shot at FFS.

Eric

Last edited by 76olds; May 26th, 2016 at 06:21 PM.
Old May 27th, 2016, 05:10 AM

Total BS, social engineering. Some think bike lanes and paths will get people to bike everywhere and/or ditch their cars and move into the city and let the suburbs return to forest.

Last edited by Destructor; May 27th, 2016 at 05:38 AM.
Old May 27th, 2016, 05:35 AM

I guess it must be a thing up north. Here in OK and TX some communities have bike lanes but that is generally in addition to one or two normal lanes of traffic. Plus, it is never on the highway so the speed limit is max 45mph. You can pass the bikes going full speed and not get ticketed.
Old May 29th, 2016, 07:43 PM

Fight it....fight it with everything you got even if it means being ignorant to every person on a pedal bike. They are ruining the traffic flow in pittsburgh..they have ruined the beautiful park putting up these stupid poles for bike lanes. I have no problems sharing the road but i dont put up with social agendas forced upon me by politicians. 4 steps down the road its gonna be banning muscle cars... Im not one for thr sky is falling but dont be surprized what they will try to pull. They will not compromise nor reason. The time to stand up for the hobby is NOW. Trust me....it will be them long before my muscle cars... Car beats bicycle 100% of the time. Hate to sound like that but there is a line in the sand. Ive had enough of the southpaw agenda. Im only 36, i want to enjoy my cars , God willing, into my 80s!
Old May 30th, 2016, 04:45 AM
car nut farmer

I've read about "environmentalists" but have yet to encounter one, only seen them in pictures. Pretty green here too, but by that I mean lush.

Lucky so far.
Old May 30th, 2016, 12:32 PM

I just saw similar green box with white bike in the bike lanes in Tempe near ASU. There are bike lanes all over the metro area but most are just a narrow lane with a white bike stencil. The green is supposed to attract drivers attention moreso than the white lines.
Old June 1st, 2016, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by 88 Cutty Classic
4 steps down the road its gonna be banning muscle cars...
You may be right. I hope not.
Old June 1st, 2016, 07:24 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Up here we've got plenty of bikes, but we just drive around them. There's plenty of room.

Only problem comes when the tourists are out in force, and insist on staying in their lanes.
Then we wait... and wait...

- Eric