The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

How sick are you?

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2011, 05:37 AM
NOVICE car nut

How sick are you?

omg , the last three days I spent in bed with a hi fever and aches & pains , finally at about 2:00 A.M. last night it broke....I had Swine flu (oink) last year , and this seems to be the same crap (oink)....so watch out , and dont kiss any pigs(oink).
Old February 21st, 2011, 05:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hope you feel better! I've not heard of any cases of the flu around here, so far this winter. The guys I work with have been coughing and hacking and sneezing for a couple months - I keep spraying and wiping surfaces, but I woke up with a sore throat and runny nose yesterday. Not much better today. I'm taking plenty of Vitamin C trying to kick it in the butt. I can't take much medicine type things because of the heart pill I'm on. Hopefully you're over the worst and will improve from now on!
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:00 AM

My wife [and all of her family] weakness is their lungs. They often turn a simple cold into Pneumonia is a matter of days. She discovered this stuff and swears by it.

http://airbornehealth.com/

Good luck
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:52 AM
NOVICE car nut

thanks Jamesbo, good info , yea I never got sick untill me and the wife had kids , now it seems like im sick all the time....Cutlassgal , thats how it started for me , soar throat and runny nose , and then it turned into this...I dont take pills for my heart YET , but im gonna need a heart valve replaced down the road...Mitrol Valve Prolapse heart murmur (spelt like it sounds)all you with weaker immune systems watch this one , for it can lead to pneumonia like Jamsbo said.
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:00 AM

I've got **** glaucoma. Just couldn't see my *** going into work today. Hope you're feeling better.
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 442much
I've got **** glaucoma. Just couldn't see my *** going into work today. Hope you're feeling better.
If that's what you get to see yourself not going to work for one day I must be blind because I can't see myself going to work on any day.
Hope everybody feels better.
Just figure feeling sick is normal and when you feel good it won't last long so be grateful when you do.

I'm glad to say I'm not on any (legal) drugs.
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:26 AM

The folks at work have been dropping like flies. Touch wood I have not had much this year. Felt like I was fighting something a few times. When I start to feel punky I load up on vitamin b & c and try to rest up. I'm sure I'll get clobbered with something sooner or later. I hope everyone feels better soon.
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:45 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by 442much
lol , thats great
Old February 21st, 2011, 11:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

That's funny, Ken!

My 2 oldest sisters take pills for Mitral Valve prolapse. They've been on them for years. I don't feel any better or any worse as the day goes on. Just the same. Took another vitamin C at lunch. My eyes are all glassy looking. Uggghhh... If it goes a week and I don't feel any better, I'll go see the doctor. I don't go unless I absolutely feel I have to. I lucked out and missed it until now. This is the first "cold" I've had in almost 3 years!
Old February 21st, 2011, 11:39 AM

Hope you get to feeling better - i know how crappy that feels.
I hadn't had the flu for a while, but had two colds within 3 months this winter.
And WHY does it always seem to start on Friday and kill the whole weekend??

Take care of yourself!
Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
That's funny, Ken!

My 2 oldest sisters take pills for Mitral Valve prolapse. They've been on them for years. I don't feel any better or any worse as the day goes on. Just the same. Took another vitamin C at lunch. My eyes are all glassy looking. Uggghhh... If it goes a week and I don't feel any better, I'll go see the doctor. I don't go unless I absolutely feel I have to. I lucked out and missed it until now. This is the first "cold" I've had in almost 3 years!
Yea , better see a Doc if you have fever that has not gone away after a few days, time for antibiotics......my illness(fever) lifted yesterday , and today im back at work bumming , cause I also quit smoking cigarettes on friday , I figured what better time........and Rob is right , I can only get sick on the weekend , especially if its a three day weekend , or if you have big plans , or a vacation to go on.....I remember the two times me and the wife went to Las Vagas......we both got sick , good thing it only ruined a couple of days.