The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

My phone pictures are not sharp

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2022, 02:38 PM

My phone pictures are not sharp

My Phone pictures seam to have a milky cast to them and I can't get the clarity sharpness I'm expecting. Is it because it's my everyday phone is not up to the task, bad technic or what. I can get my cars in perfect shape, but the pictures are just so so. Any Ideas....Tedd
Old May 24th, 2022, 03:06 PM
Running On Empty

Following your Money Pit (MP) thread the past several months and a quick glance back at that thread I really don't see issues with clarity/sharpness on the majority of your pictures. Do you believe something has changed? It's good to post what phone you're using since the 8-Ball isn't working. Do you have the latest/greatest software update for your phone?
Old May 24th, 2022, 04:01 PM
Gary

Tedd, examine the camera lens or lens glass under reflected light to make sure there is no film or dirt there. At this point, you probably have smoked glass.

Gary
Old May 24th, 2022, 05:05 PM
Banned

Exactly. Make sure the lens is clean. I use rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball.
Old May 27th, 2022, 08:48 AM

I have a jitterbug android type phone(designed for senior people like me), pretty simple phone. I did clean the lens and will see if that helps. What you see posted is usually the best of several shots. I'm not sure, but I might be convincing myself I need a real camera to play with...Tedd
Old May 27th, 2022, 08:58 AM

Tedd - The cheaper, less sophisticated phones, have cheaper less sophisticated cameras, especially in the area of software to lessen the effect of motion on the captured image. If you are shaky much at all, the image captured by the cheaper camera may appear less crisp or blurry. This scenario could also explain why some of your images are crisp, and some not so much. Try focusing on having a steady rest when you can, and see if that improves your success rate.
Old May 27th, 2022, 09:28 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

The iphone 13 actually has 3 different cameras in it. You are probably not going to want to spend that much on a phone though. There are lesser phones with good cameras in them.