The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Things that torque my shorts !!

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2020, 01:44 PM

Try hard to word the story in a family friendly vocabulary, or maybe just use creative language to get the point across?
Old December 5th, 2020, 06:04 PM
Oldsdruid

She told him she wasn't having anything to do with "that anteater-looking thing and normal boys didn't have things that looked like that!"

He asked what he should do. I said either get clipped 😬 or find another girlfriend, and a new g/f would be less painful!
Old December 5th, 2020, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
I will admit that during the blistering hot summer I would reply "It's another day in paradise!". What else can a person say when it's been over 100º for 6 months?
i say, i waited all winter to **** and moan about this heat
Old December 5th, 2020, 09:40 PM

internet sales

Since this thread is still alive, I am lucky , I have Home Depot, Lowes, Ace and Harbor Freight all close by all convenient, I started making my middle daughters Christmas present , a custom spice rack to hang on her wall in her kitchen, I needed a hole saw kit, I checked all the above vendors and Home Depot had the best deal on a quality 13 pc Milwaukee Hole Dozer $39.99 reg price $89.99 ( I would never pay $89.99 don't use it enough) that's a savings of 55% !!! I'm in !! internet says they have 13 in stock, off I go, I get there find the kit with correct stock # but its marked $89.99 I take it to the customer service desk they say yup $89.99 I say but the price on internet $39.99, lady tells me that's a Cyber Monday deal only on internet, I said its Thursday ? she said it runs all week ? you have to order it on line to get that price but you can pick it up here at the store ! well I was pissed but it was a great deal so I went home ordered it on line, Home Depot sent me a E-mail a hour later said it was ready for pick up !! couldn't they have just given it to me for the $39.99 on the first trip !!!! good thing they are only about mile and 1/2 from my house !! when I went back I drove the 88 just to make me feel better !!! had to drill 15 2-1/8 holes for spice bottles the hole saw worked like a champ. I did look when I got home it did say on line price only. still think they should have honored price in store !!
Old December 5th, 2020, 11:00 PM
Oldsdruid

That's like that 56" roller tool chest I went to get at HF today. A 25% off coupon came in email and I said oh yeah, here I come. Started ringing it up, coupon didn't knock off 25%. Fine print said "does not apply to tool chests or carts."

🤬

Apparently not meant for me to have a new big tool chest. The 72" fell through back in summer because of delivery logistics and now the John Brown coupon didn't work. Pfft.
Old December 6th, 2020, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
...the one thing that pushes me over the edge is anyone who physically or metally abuses any person or animal that is incapable of defending itself. Period!
Dogs are capable of defending themselves, if they're not tiny. Even then, Chihuauas, for example, have sharp tiny teeth. I often wonder as to why they don't defend themselves. But rather, agress against strangers and other dogs. Maybe, they're afraid of not getting fed, once they open a can of Whoop @$$ on their owners. Cats are different, though. They probably don't calculate in food-withdrawal punishment vengeance, when attacking their owners.
There once was a German who used to train dogs how to kill cats. I read this in a magazine, about 50 years ago. He got into trouble for it and had to stop. I don't think his customers were blood sport types. But, it had to do with something agricultural. Maybe, the cats were attacking quail farms or something

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; December 6th, 2020 at 12:15 AM.
Old December 6th, 2020, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Killian_Mörder
Dogs are capable of defending themselves, if they're not tiny. Even then, Chihuauas, for example, have sharp tiny teeth. I often wonder as to why they don't defend themselves. But rather, agress against strangers and other dogs. Maybe, they're afraid of not getting fed, once they open a can of Whoop @$$ on their owners. Cats are different, though. They probably don't calculate in food-withdrawal punishment vengeance, when attacking their owners.
There once was a German who used to train dogs how to kill cats. I read this in a magazine, about 50 years ago. He got into trouble for it and had to stop. I don't think his customers were blood sport types. But, it had to do with something agricultural. Maybe, the cats were attacking quail farms or something
Really . . . you quote me above, and then you have the nerve to post this SH*#! How about we put you in a cage or at the end of a chain, and see how good you are at defending yourself???

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; December 6th, 2020 at 05:10 AM.
Old December 6th, 2020, 07:25 AM

Well, that seems a little too kinky for my taste
Old December 6th, 2020, 08:35 AM
Bfg

I love Cats, they taste like chicken.
Old December 6th, 2020, 08:39 AM
Old School Olds

Not being able to read past page 2 on this thread unless I post at the end of page 2, # 80. But wait as soon as I post, I will be able to see page 3. WTF?
Old December 6th, 2020, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bfg
I love Cats, they taste like chicken.
Have you been visiting one too many Covid-19 restaurant chains, lately? They look like rabbits, when their heads and tails get cut off. A nickname for residents of Vicenza, Italy used to be "Cat Eaters", because it was rumored that they ate cats during the Second War.
Uncle Joe has further suggestions :
Originally Posted by joe_padavano
...In that case you have to trim the "wings" off...

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; December 6th, 2020 at 12:00 PM.
Old December 7th, 2020, 06:34 PM

Wow...this thread is taking on a twilight zone persona. I can hear that distinctive jingle in the background. dee dee ding da... dee dee ding da

Last edited by 4+4+2=10; December 7th, 2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old December 7th, 2020, 09:48 PM

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; December 7th, 2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old December 7th, 2020, 10:22 PM

We used to get this one Saturday afternoon broadcast called "Sir Graves Ghastly" on Detroit area television. Those psycho thrillers filmed in the Fifties and early Sixties were much scarier than the horror films that followed. The horror films' plots were at least predictable.
I found this one to be particularly scary

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; December 7th, 2020 at 10:31 PM.
Old December 8th, 2020, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I was literally scared to death when I watched that episode when I was a child.
I have heard and seen William Shatner many times over the years. He has definitely done some cheesy movies and performances over the years (his “Rocket Man” rendition is probably one of the cringe-worthy!) but he has said many times he doesnt like to turn down a paycheck.

One of my favorite William Shatner characters (2nd only to Captain Kirk!!).

Really wish I had known what the background was going to be, and what are the odds of us dressing....in...such....similarstyleclothing?
Old December 8th, 2020, 07:00 AM

And if I needed any other reason to be envious of the life William Shatner has lived!!!

Old December 8th, 2020, 07:31 AM
Oldsdruid

Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock were terrifying because it made you think. Outer Limits too. Psychological horror is way more effective than any slasher film. Though I'll admit to being a fan of both ☺️.
Old December 8th, 2020, 11:32 AM

Here, knock yourselves out:

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1108317

...It is a 50's horror flick (B&W) that takes place in a house with a mad scientist conducting experiments on women (It's not "The Unearthly" though it has a similar feel). The key thing about these experiments is that the women are placed in these big metal, square bathtubs (for what purpose, I forget)...
Old December 8th, 2020, 01:11 PM

A must watch. This is one of those films of which were shown on Saturday afternoon. I used to be frightened, watching these as a kid. When I had a chance to view it on Youtube, a few years ago, I couldn't help laughing at how poor it was script-written:

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; January 15th, 2021 at 08:53 AM.
Old December 14th, 2020, 06:11 PM

Summit racing using wrong pictures identifying the products they sell.
Only the middle picture picture represents the actual product. I know because I took a picture of mine before they were installed 2 years ago.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...0/applications
Old January 15th, 2021, 08:32 AM

One thing that grinds my gears Could they possibly put more lights on a Police car

I mean really We always noticed the one bubble strobe from 20+ years ago
Old January 15th, 2021, 08:45 AM

The older I get, the less I let anything bother me.
It just isn't worth it, to get steamed over stuff that does not matter.
Sure there are things I would like to see change, but out of my hands, so no point of getting mad/upset about it.
Change what you can, avoid as much of the nonsense.
Old January 15th, 2021, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by leftlaneonly
One thing that grinds my gears Could they possibly put more lights on a Police car

I mean really We always noticed the one bubble strobe from 20+ years ago
What you don't like the gumball machine.
Old January 15th, 2021, 09:39 AM

They must have a hundred flashing lights now on those things
Old January 15th, 2021, 09:56 AM
Bfg

They can’t put there hands on the criminals so I think they try to blind them with there lights
Old January 15th, 2021, 12:29 PM

While it’s common knowledge that the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line, is it asking too much for people NOT TO WALK DIAGONALLY ACROSS PARKING LOT AISLE?!!!!

We all know the people I’m referring to. The ones who leisurely stroll across the aisle without a care in the world, totally oblivious to the line of cars behind them.
Old January 15th, 2021, 04:09 PM
Banned

People that can't get off THEIR phones.
Drivers that think it is your job to understand that they drive like an idiot and not hit them.
Plastic injected lips.
Abbreviations of a simple words. Spell people SPELL!!
Any kardeuceian.
Wusstangs. Any year. Any color.
Idiots that run from the cops and then cry about getting tackled shot etc.

Should I keep going...
Old January 15th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Banned

PS:
There = Over There
Their = They as in Their home
They're = They are

Took ten years of schooling to get here...🤯
Old January 16th, 2021, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
People that can't get off THEIR phones.
Drivers that think it is your job to understand that they drive like an idiot and not hit them.
Plastic injected lips.
Abbreviations of a simple words. Spell people SPELL!!
Any kardeuceian.
Wusstangs. Any year. Any color.
Idiots that run from the cops and then cry about getting tackled shot etc.

Should I keep going...
YOUR typing fingers probably need a rest...but thanx for the tips.
Old January 17th, 2021, 09:25 AM
Banned

Great thread. Like was said before. It's nice to know I am not alone.

Use your damn turn signals people.
Old January 17th, 2021, 09:34 AM
Bfg

How about the people that turn the signals on as they are turning, like it’s some sort of mechanism that makes the car turn
Old January 17th, 2021, 09:37 AM
Oldsdruid

And learn that on modern cars that stalk thingy dims your headlights too! If yer car has automatic high beams learn how to override it!
Old January 17th, 2021, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
That's like that 56" roller tool chest I went to get at HF today. A 25% off coupon came in email and I said oh yeah, here I come. Started ringing it up, coupon didn't knock off 25%. Fine print said "does not apply to tool chests or carts."

🤬

Apparently not meant for me to have a new big tool chest. The 72" fell through back in summer because of delivery logistics and now the John Brown coupon didn't work. Pfft.
Those 20-20% coupons have a long list of stuff that they are not valid for.
Old January 17th, 2021, 07:07 PM

I have noticed Something the last few years. As I have made a point to take note of it.
If a person is in a left turn only marked lane, they 9 times out of ten don't use a turn signal, but if in a turn left or straight lane, or taking a right, use the signal.
I wonder if they are teaching drivers that if you are in a land with a left turn green arrow that they don't need to use a turn signal. or they just assume because you only can turn left or right. Everyone around them already knows what direction they will be heading.
Any time I have been behind someone long enough to drive through both types of intersections. the green arrow, left only, no signal, a left turn or straight, they use it.
I have not seen a drivers handbook in over a decade, so I wonder what it states in them about turning when in a green arrow only turn lane.
Old January 17th, 2021, 09:39 PM
Oldsdruid

Read 1/17/21 "Mike DuJour" comic strip. Copyright won't let me even link it. It fits right in this thread.
Old January 17th, 2021, 09:56 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I'm 31. I have had a hand full off apprentices work with me that need better father's. I'm not pointing fingers but father's teach your kids failure the old fashion way and teach them to fix a thing or 2. These apprentices take advice as criticism and they take my frustrations as " I'm wrong " I have worked in the trades since I was in high school " autobody" I earned the right to say that. The 20 year olds I'm getting are wrothless morons who should have never set foot in a tech school without some form of pre exposure and simple learning and understanding of mechanical skills and coordination. I know that does not speak to all but seriously teach your children to work with their hands.
Old January 17th, 2021, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
I'm 31. I have had a hand full off apprentices work with me that need better father's. I'm not pointing fingers but father's teach your kids failure the old fashion way and teach them to fix a thing or 2. These apprentices take advice as criticism and they take my frustrations as " I'm wrong " I have worked in the trades since I was in high school " autobody" I earned the right to say that. The 20 year olds I'm getting are wrothless morons who should have never set foot in a tech school without some form of pre exposure and simple learning and understanding of mechanical skills and coordination. I know that does not speak to all but seriously teach your children to work with their hands.
THAT IS NOT FAIR.
Yesterdays gone, where Dads had to fix the car or the washing machine, etc. So the Child never gets to see or help DAD fix anything. As most things today cost more to repair than just replace. And vehicles need nothing but oil/tires and fuel.
I don't know about you, but because of the times back when I was a child, helped when learning how to look at fixing/building. today children never get that before they get to high school or a job. People learn what they need to by doing in life. Grandpa knows how to test tubes and adjust the tuner of a t.v. but not how to use a smart phone.
Kids today don't know what you or I might have at that age as they never had to do or help do, anything to repair/fix/build because of the world we live in now. A good mentor understands this. So before you throw anymore stones. Look at your skill set as a trainer/teacher.
Old January 18th, 2021, 02:30 AM

I'm pretty patient as a teacher all I ask for is self discipline. A good self motivated person can overcome the pitfalls. It's beyond the car stuff too. Just basic mechanical skills. Simple stuff basic mechanical problem solving. We live in a world where people just pay to have stuff done out of convenience. In a time when we have youtube and anything you want to learn is a click away we have so many people unwilling to handle basic hands on projects. I tell these young guys that I have worked with there is a world of info that's free out there. The proof is my 72 cutlass. Not only did I do the body work but I built the engine , trans , diff , did all the tuning etc etc. All I do in my trade is body work but the drive to just do it has led me to have to pick up books , ask questions and hang out with people that I wanted to learn from. A solid point for my argument is many people in this hobby just farm out everything because ( they just want to enjoy it) that's fine and I respect that but if all you are doing is installing pre done pre built things or sending out the bulk work then what's the fun in the hobby. I wanna be able to say I did it all. I constantly still read books and watch videos not only that apply to my trade but to the hobby. So the thought that I'm possibly a bad teacher could be part of it but any young man that has the motivation can learn outside from me telling them. Same applies to people., anyone can learn anything.

Last edited by coppercutlass; January 18th, 2021 at 02:44 AM.
Old January 18th, 2021, 03:55 AM

Problem is the mentor forgets what they were like at that age.
If it is true that you get wiser and a higher maturity level, as you age.
This seems to be lost on mentors/ teachers. they forget that the 18-20y/o isn't at the same level.
But we all know the older folks were complete angels.
Remember, the next generation, knowledge is what and how it is mentored and taught to them, or lack there of.
Teachers/parents/ mentors a play a roll in this. And fail miserably.
Old January 18th, 2021, 05:30 AM

Trust me I talked at lengths with my boss about this. Eventually I just stopped helping the last apprentice until he dug his own grave. He couldn't handle the easiest job in the shop without messing up. I stopped helping and told him you are in your own. The new apprentice I have is about 20 pretty skilled and eager to learn. He ask's questions and if he breaks something he tells me. The funny thing is that even at 17 when I got my first job in a collision shop they just told me ok here you go have at it. When I screwed up which I did my mentor would come over school me and then said there you go that shouldn't happen again. I took it very serious. But I never was disrespectful , or talked back. I'm actually still friends with my mentor and his cousin who worked there too. Pretty much at any shop I moved too I didn't have any issues. Even in my younger years. Again much of what's taught at home as mentioned . Is the issue with some of my apprentices. Bad attitudes and lack of commitment and taking the task at hand serious. I question my self alot more than post may lead to believe .

Quick Reply: Things that torque my shorts !!