The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Today is a bittersweet day for us

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2012, 09:36 AM
car guy

Today is a bittersweet day for us

Its already been 2 years since we buried Chloe. Her 2nd birthday would be tomorrow so today we would be having a party to celebrate the start of the terrible 2's. Instead we are busy planning the first birthday 3 weeks from now with our wonderful twins. If Chloe had survived they would not be here today so its such a mixed emotion to have to go through.
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:21 AM
delete

I can't imagine what that is like to go thru. My prayers remain with you.
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:25 AM

You and your family will remain in our prayers! So sorry for your loss!
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:42 AM

Richard,

My heart goes out to you and your family. I fully understand your feelings as I haver lost a daughter as well. It has been longer - almost 14 years since our precious Sara passed away at the age of nine - but the pain never really goes away. It does soften somewhat and some days are better than others but... We find birthdays and the day she passed as especially painful but it can hit you just about any time. Even after all these years, we still occasionally find what we call "Sara bombs". These are things that belonged to her that turn up in unexpected places. It's amazing that after all this time it can still happen, but it does.

God bless you and your family. May there be nothing but the best in your future.

Randy
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Administrator

I know words cannot express the loss of Chloe nor the joy of the twins!
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:50 AM

Rich im so sorry to hear such a tragedy. Try to concentrate on the joy of the 2 that you have. God knows exactly what he is doing I just wish we knew why. Some times ittakes a while to look back & see the true reason that all things happen. Stay strong & rely on your faith. You will meet again & the reunion will be grand. May she rest peacefully in the strong arms of the father.
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:57 AM
NOVICE car nut

Wow Richard , I can't even come up with words that would express the way I feel ! I teared up just reading this ! My whole world came apart , and I can't fix it ! Without saying anymore , I wish you the best of luck , and enjoy the little ones for they need you .... God Bless !
Old June 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM

I've read the last line on your posts and it's always had an impact on me without knowing anything more.
Now I know, god bless your family.
Old June 24th, 2012, 11:26 AM

I'm sure it gets better with time but the loss of a child will never go completely away. My folks lost a daughter, my sister and after 65 years her loss came up on her special occasions. We should never out live our children. So sorry.......Tedd
Old June 24th, 2012, 11:27 AM

May God bless you and your family. May the Lord give you more good days than bad and ease your lose. I have to girls of my own and not sure what I would to if they weren't here. My family sends prayers your way!! :-)
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:21 PM

Richard, we'll keep you in our prayers for tomorrow. Bittersweet sounds like a good description for this time of the year. Your loss of Chloe and the joy of the twins happening weeks apart on the calandar. John
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:30 PM

God Bless you and your family. I'm having a hard time adjusting to losing Carol right now.
It's me. And the 2 dogs only here. They miss her so much. They look for her all the time.
All i can say is. She is gone boys it's me and you. I love them very much. They will come around. I've been taking the little one i call him THE BEAST. To the cars shows. Only If I put Carols pillow in the the car. Funny how animals are they are part of your family with
unbelivable love for you. Well all i can say is LOVE YOUR KIDS TIME IS SO SHORT FOR EVERYBODY. ONE DAY WE NEED TO MEET DALLAS IS JUST UP THE ROAD FROM HERE. JUST GIVE ME A P.M. AND I WILL BE THERE. I KNOW CAROL AND CHLOE. ARE TOGETHER LOOKING OVER US. GOD BLESS US ALL.
Old June 25th, 2012, 01:31 PM
car guy

Thanks for the kind words everyone. We are going to go see her tonight after I get off work. I bought some synthetic Gerber Daisys that will help brighten up her her little space.
Old June 25th, 2012, 05:14 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

I'm speechless,I don't know what to say...I do feel for you.

May God bless you all.
Old June 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM
68 Delmont 88 Convertible

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My wife and I lost a son after 5 months. I still cannot bring myself to visit his grave site, it is too painful. On the bright side, my wife and I have a beautiful daughter and an incredible little boy who is 9 weeks old. I do think about my son who is no longer with us but I try to concentrate on the positive in my life.
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:20 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by Rutger34
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My wife and I lost a son after 5 months. I still cannot bring myself to visit his grave site, it is too painful. On the bright side, my wife and I have a beautiful daughter and an incredible little boy who is 9 weeks old. I do think about my son who is no longer with us but I try to concentrate on the positive in my life.
I can't imagine what it must be like to have lost a child after 5 months or nine years like Randy. I never got to meet ours when still breathing and I know how much that hurts. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Same to you Richard. I'm sure each day without Carol is difficult. I don't know what I would do without my wife. I hope each day is easier than the last.