Help identifying 69 cutlass

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2007, 02:29 AM

Help identifying 69 cutlass

Hello everyone, i was just wondering if someone could tell me exactly what my cutlass is, im not to good in the oldsmobile field yet. I have a 69 cutlass. Its a 4-door, but it has that big chrome strip across the back of the trunklid, and on the front of the hood, where the front emblem is, its just a silver airplane emblem like the back side marker lights. i have seen various pictures, obviously the "S" model has a red S, and the 442 has a 442, but i have never seen just a silver airplane logo on the front. I was just wondering what they meant. Thankyou
Old July 16th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by The_Jeremiah
Hello everyone, i was just wondering if someone could tell me exactly what my cutlass is, im not to good in the oldsmobile field yet. I have a 69 cutlass. Its a 4-door, but it has that big chrome strip across the back of the trunklid, and on the front of the hood, where the front emblem is, its just a silver airplane emblem like the back side marker lights. i have seen various pictures, obviously the "S" model has a red S, and the 442 has a 442, but i have never seen just a silver airplane logo on the front. I was just wondering what they meant. Thankyou
That "airplane" is a rocket (as in, Rocket 350, for example). Give us the VIN and we'll be able to tell you more. Or, go here and decode it for yourself:

http://members.aol.com/drewinva/olds/vin/
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Taz

69 Cutlass S

Jeremiah,
Would you be interested in a Cutlass S Sport Coupe(Post) and turn your 4dr into a donor car? I have a 69 Cutlass S Sport Coupe built in Fremont ,CA. The post bodies don't rattle as bad as hardtops and this body has no rust that I can find. The car has been in California it's entire life until recently when the owner drove it to SC towing a utility trailer. The car currently has a 454 Chevy and Turbo 400 which is about to be removed and I was looking for a 69-72 4dr donor car to get a drive train and a few other parts that are missing. I would sell the body if someone was interested. This would be an ideal restoration car. I can take detailed photos and send them to you or anyone else that reads this thread who might be interested.
Thanks,
Taz