I Can't Find A Hitch For A '67 Cutlass.....

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2008, 02:43 PM

I Can't Find A Hitch For A '67 Cutlass.....

They all seem to be gone...BUT, I did find a guy in Van Nuys who has a template for one...his template is for a two door 67 Cutlass, and my car is a four door.

Does anyone know if the back ends are the same regardless of the number of doors...If they are he can make me one and ship it to me....we just want to be sure that when I get it, its goint to fit...

I've been trying to get out of town with my trailer for a month (a move, not a vacation) and have been stranded because if the small "hitch."

Better still, does anyone know where I can get one already made!

Thanks
Old July 31st, 2008, 04:04 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by monteblue
They all seem to be gone...BUT, I did find a guy in Van Nuys who has a template for one...his template is for a two door 67 Cutlass, and my car is a four door.

Does anyone know if the back ends are the same regardless of the number of doors...If they are he can make me one and ship it to me....we just want to be sure that when I get it, its goint to fit...
Yes, it will fit.
Old July 31st, 2008, 04:54 PM
Registered

In the early 70's I worked at a down in the city trailer rental place and we had those hitches that custom fit on the bumper, just custom bent to the bumper contour flat stock in 2 pieces. They were all marked with the year and model, the walls were covered with them, wonder where they all went? We used to do custom hitches, cutting torch, welder, angle iron, some flat stock, and a hitch ball, weld it up and weld it on, even to the bumper brackets.

Allan
Old July 31st, 2008, 05:41 PM

I think I may have a trailer hitch in my basement that I removed from my Dad's 67 CS 4dr many years ago. Dont know weight rating. If I remember it was part bolt on and part welded to frame rails. Car had trailer brake switch too so I guess it had some weight capacity....I can send picts if you like if its still there....Its in NJ...price would be dirt cheap plus shipping costs if interested. Send me a PM.
Old August 1st, 2008, 08:42 AM
Ca's Only Official OLZNUT

Lightbulb

My '66 442 had a pretty beefy hitch on it when I bought it in 1988, the kind that you slide the square reciever into and it bolted to the frame. Took it off years ago and I think I might know where it is. If I find it, it's yours, I ain't got no use for it. Are you in So Cal by chance since you mentioned Van Nuys?