Quick Performance

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2024, 10:07 AM

Quick Performance

Looking to rebuild a Chevy 12 bolt thats in my 1970 Cutlass and called Quick Performance to see what parts they use. They said they use Timken bearings and Quick Performance gear set. Does anyone have any information on what manufacturer makes their gears? Are they any good?
Old April 1st, 2024, 07:03 PM
Full-time Taxpayer

Originally Posted by zekecut70
Looking to rebuild a Chevy 12 bolt thats in my 1970 Cutlass and called Quick Performance to see what parts they use. They said they use Timken bearings and Quick Performance gear set. Does anyone have any information on what manufacturer makes their gears? Are they any good?
I would use Yukon Gears for the Chevrolet 12 bolt, Quick Performance has them available. I would also use Koyo or Timken bearings. If your going to do a new posi the Eaton trutrac is hard to beat.
Old April 2nd, 2024, 12:02 PM

Likely USA standard. Flip a coin as to what is in the box deal. If they sell enough companies like Yukon (Randys) will make the stuff and put them in a QP box for them? Or maybe motive or other Gear producer...which are not many...
Gears are mostly all good it is just the NOISE factor. Not like they are going to blow up or blow teeth off it is the lapping and how much time they take on the machine to get that pattern nice.
Jim
I use Yukon as I just have had a deal with this company for so long and has taken that long to get the best deals.
Just remember who you buy parts from hoping you get the customer service and help you need when you get into a spot... Sometimes cost effects the knowledge you get.
Also supporting your local company and keeping them in business. if they are worth it... I try to do that here Taxes local in city food local incity grocery store fuel, in city gas station...I want my area to thrive.
Jim
JD Race
Old April 2nd, 2024, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by zekecut70
i just bought a complete 9.5 14 bolt unit from them , they sent me yukon carrier and stange gears. And they were shipped to my back door within a day.

Old April 3rd, 2024, 06:33 AM

Thanks for the response guys. I definitely heard good things about the company. I was just curious/ concerned about the quality/ brand of the gears that was included in the kit they offer. Just because of the price being cheaper than other companies.