are 84 deltas impossible to get body parts for?

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2013, 07:23 PM

are 84 deltas impossible to get body parts for?

hello all
thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to read this . got a really good deal on a low mile really well taken care of 84 delta 4 door . i have been through the whole car . never had a big car myself , as soon as i drove it i knew it would be mine ! i live in the rust belt. Although the car never saw salt in the winter being stored the moisture got to the bottom of all 4 doors . not possible to fix correctly . i am a painter by trade so i would REALLY like to put a show quality finish on the car . a body man i know sold me texas rear doors .. but i have searched all over to find fronts with no luck .
if i was willing to do a redeye roadtrip this winter to a place out west or south west would it be likely i could find good metal ? is there a forum member that could point me in the right direction ? i have talked to people that are willing to send me doors for 1200 DOLLARS. i really feel like that is close to robbery and just out of spite i would spend the money in gas going someplace to get my own . guess i am funny like that
this is all that is keeping me from painting a car i would really like to make nice ..
big thanks to anybody who is willing to respond !!!!!
Old November 21st, 2013, 07:29 PM

Come on down to Austin, Tx. Have 3 of those cars, so I should have some good ones for 150.00.

Henry
Old November 21st, 2013, 07:49 PM

A competent body man should be able to rebuild door bottoms with his eyes shut ... it's not exactly the compound curve of a wheelwell
Old November 22nd, 2013, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by wrongturn
have talked to people that are willing to send me doors for 1200 DOLLARS
Can you clarify this a bit? Is that $1200 for one door? Two doors? Includes shipping? For two door complete front doors, which aren't exactly light, with shipping included, if being shipped any distance, I could see the total cost getting that high.

But it does seem high overall, especially with what Henry is offering. Of course, you have to go get them, and, while you don't say where you're located, if you're in Maine or something like that, and he's in Texas, the cost to go get them won't exactly be zero. Such is the old car hobby.
Old November 30th, 2013, 11:31 AM

i'm shure I can find some around here, shipping through Fastenal would be cheapest. probably 100-200 for shipping and 50 bucks for a door. if your still looking pm me
Old November 30th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Always room for one more

Not sure but I think Caprice Classic doors are the same. Might open up a few more choices.
Old November 30th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by slantflat
Not sure but I think Caprice Classic doors are the same. Might open up a few more choices.
Sorry, they are not. The 1980-1990 B-body WAGONS all use the same doors, but the sedans have different feature lines. Unfortunately, the 1980-1990 B-body cars are getting scarce in wrecking yards, thanks in part to Cash-for-Clunkers.