New guys 64 dynamic 88 with pics and questions.

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2007, 04:42 PM

New guys 64 dynamic 88 with pics and questions.

Hi guys my name is Mark and im new here and to Olds too
Car: 1964 Olds dynamic 88 394 2bl auto with air ride.
Questions: What trans is this and where do i get a rebuild kit and gaskets for it? revese is the last gear on the collum patern.
Exuast manifold DONUTS who sells the correct ones? every time i order them i get 3 bolt flange gaskets that are not right. I would like to buy the dual exaust manifolds but they say 1965 up. Help. And last do any of the later model vaccum boosers bolt up with a dual res master to go with my soon to have disk kit from starbird? Hydro boost would be even better.
Old September 26th, 2007, 05:48 PM

ARGH! I just typed a dissertation on how sweet your car was and the server dumped.

Anyways, you have a cool car. I want to put air ride on my 64 98 someday. That is SWEET!

Look at the following websites for the tranny parts.

www.fatsco.com
www.kanter.com

Look at the following website for your exhaust gasket. I will look in my stuff to see if I have my old Fel Pro gasket numbers. I know you can get them from an Auto Parts store, it is just finding the right part number.

www.fusick.com

Look at the following website for brake parts. Hopefully you can get what you need from them. Kanter also carries brake stuff, as does Fusick I believe.

http://www.rockauto.com/

Cool car, welcome to the site. BTW, your transmission is a Hydramatic, often referred to as the Slim Jim. They have a 2 piece transmission case that is bolted together, plus they don't have a torque converter. It is an internal fluid coupling. IMHO, they are poor trannies. I want to replace the one in my car; however, if you have a good tranny then that is AWSOME. A refresher from a rebuild kit will do it some good. Just be prepared to spend an arm and a leg. You will also need someone to do it for you that knows about that tranny (an old timer). If you do it yourself then purchase a set of factory manuals from Fusick. You will need them, it is complex. Not easy like a TH 350.