General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1958 fiesta station wagon

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2014, 02:57 PM

1958 fiesta station wagon

Hey guys, what would one of these be worth? Needs to be restored, good glass,chrome and body except the floor boards a rotted. I am thinking of snagging this as well, if the price is right. I will try to get some more photos from the guy
Old February 17th, 2014, 04:17 PM

Too hard to tell with out a lot more info but good chrome would save you a king's ransom if you didn't have to re chrome the acre of shiny stuff they all have.

I can't remember the last time I saw a 58 wagon restored, that's gotta be high on the cool factor... Keep us posted when you have more info....Tedd
Old February 17th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Registered Luser

If it is all there, and not rotted too bad, and the chrome is driver quality, could be worth a little. Especially if it can move under its own power! Still, the '57's are the "Holy Grail" of Olds wagons....
Old February 18th, 2014, 06:54 PM

The guy is supposed to get back to me with more photos. He wants 5500 for her. I don't think the interior is any good. Looks like it has been sitting outside for a while. Would be nice to have matching numbers if the engine is still in. All the outside is good he says except the floor. So I don't know. Could say anything to sell the car. So what makes the 57 a holy grail?
Old February 19th, 2014, 09:35 AM

There is no such thing as matching numbers on any Oldsmobile of this era,they didn't start doing this till the mid 60's There are ways to check a engine or transmission to see if the serial numbers are for that year but nothing is attached or stamped that would ID it to a particular car....Tedd
Old February 21st, 2014, 06:36 PM

bench seats so no center console and I am not putting one in.
Old February 21st, 2014, 07:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Kyle's 77 Cutlass
The guy is supposed to get back to me with more photos. He wants 5500 for her. I don't think the interior is any good. Looks like it has been sitting outside for a while. Would be nice to have matching numbers if the engine is still in. All the outside is good he says except the floor. So I don't know. Could say anything to sell the car. So what makes the 57 a holy grail?
Sounds over priced. If you bought that car you'll also have to spend a lot of time trying to find parts. They are nice looking cars all fixed up, but do you have the time, space and $$$?

Old February 21st, 2014, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Sounds over priced. If you bought that car you'll also have to spend a lot of time trying to find parts. They are nice looking cars all fixed up, but do you have the time, space and $$$?

Nice picture of a 57 Allen here is a 58
Old February 21st, 2014, 07:14 PM

That's a 57, he's working on getting a 58. Quite a difference a year makes...Tedd
Old February 21st, 2014, 08:02 PM

Really?? That statement applies to almost EVERY antique/ classic car needing work out there. Don't let that determine what you are going to do with a '58 wagon, not the other station wagon pic he posted!
Old February 21st, 2014, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
when i was a kid,my dad had a super 88 fiesta wagon.great car. also owned a 58 98 that my mom drove,
Old February 22nd, 2014, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Nice picture of a 57 Allen here is a 58...
The difference between Bill's portable car radio and mine is the fact that mine were never meant to be portable
...So what makes the 57 a holy grail?
Aside from that it looks less like a Cadillac...
I've seen far fewer '58s. That alone should make them worth something. Any hardtop vehicle is worth far more than a sedan type
Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
There is no such thing as matching numbers on any Oldsmobile of this era...
There you go, Kyle. Now, you can go ahead and drop in a tri-power engine and nobody can prove it didn't belong in there

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; February 22nd, 2014 at 01:30 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 01:32 AM
Shoveling Snow

In that video could be my wagon that I used to own. It was the same colors and I heard that the roof rack had been added. The car I owned never had the 3x2 carbs or the trans-portable radio.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Guys, I know he's looking at a 58; the reason I posted that pic of the 57 because it was in his post. I guess I should have added "First year of production for the Fiesta HT station wagon".
I know what a 58 looks like. There's one that has been nut and bolt restored that comes to our All Olds show every July. I've talked with the owner and it was a reflection of his comments about finding parts that was the basis of parts/time/$$$. I know full well that this hobby is not user friendly on the wallet....

Old February 22nd, 2014, 11:22 AM

That one you just posted should be wallet friendlier, since it's a sedan
Old February 22nd, 2014, 12:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Killian_Mörder
That one you just posted should be wallet friendlier, since it's a sedan
Not sure how you figure that. Only thing I see different is doors. Same sheet metal, same glass, same chrome,same trim, same interior, same frame/suspension, same motor, same transmission choice, same awesomeness??

Wallet friendly is subject to interpretation I think.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 01:08 PM

It's the center post which makes the difference. Well, on a wagon, it's not the center post. I guess it's called the B post of which the hardtops do without.
I guess, wallet unfriendly has to do with the more empty ones
Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:37 PM

Bill who has this 58 just upped his price to 6500. WTH!! It's a joke, have a few people interested to you figure to up the price, not right buddy. I will pass on this one. Thankyou for your input. I think I will save to buy a restored wagon. So now my question, what makes the 57 the holy grail?
Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:43 PM
Hookers under Hood

Hey Kyle Hope work is going good for you especially being away from the family for that length of time. How many cars do you have currently? Will you be purchasing and parting soon ?

Cheers buddy, Eric
Old February 23rd, 2014, 07:11 AM

Bill who has this 58 just upped his price to 6500. WTH!! It's a joke, have a few people interested to you figure to up the price, not right buddy. I will pass on this one. Thankyou for your input. I think I will save to buy a restored wagon. So now my question, what makes the 57 the holy grail?
It's all in the body style, the same case with a 57 chevy and a 58 chevy, just what people perceive as cool......Tedd
Old February 23rd, 2014, 09:34 AM

My belief is that the 57 Olds has the cleanest lines without all the chrome of the 58 model. It just all blends well. I would love to have one to go along with my 88
Old February 26th, 2014, 02:38 AM

Bill who has this 58 just upped his price to 6500. WTH!! It's a joke, have a few people interested to you figure to up the price, not right buddy...
Bill lives in a nice neighborhood. Maybe, it's because of Bill's way of doing business. Maybe, we should pay Bill a visit

Old February 26th, 2014, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by 76olds
Hey Kyle Hope work is going good for you especially being away from the family for that length of time. How many cars do you have currently? Will you be purchasing and parting soon ?

Cheers buddy, Eric

I have the 63 starfire, which when I get out of the snow i will see if she is worth saving or parting. Also have the 57 88 2 door which looks to be good shape, just passengers rear tender dented and the chrome missing on it. I don't want to part it out, just sell the car as whole. Could be restored. Found 9 455's and a 425. If the right price I will snag these. Come across a few other cars for parts. Yes I will part them out.