General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

1967 cutlass vinyl top

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2013, 03:19 PM

1967 cutlass vinyl top

does any one know if a vinyl top was avaible on a 67 post car getting ready for paint and i think a vinyl top would look good if i can find the trim
Old March 24th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by diesel olds
does any one know if a vinyl top was avaible on a 67 post car getting ready for paint and i think a vinyl top would look good if i can find the trim
Yes. You can find all the info on this in the SPECS booklet free of charge in downloadable pdf format on Wild About Cars.

http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...aldisplayed=50

Wild About Cars. http://wildaboutcars.com. An information supersource, especially Oldsmobile. More Olds content than anywhere else on the internet and continuing to grow.
You'll find Chassis Service Manuals, Product Information Manuals (AKA Assembly Manuals), Inspector's Manuals, and other documents that will contain this and much much more.
Dealer Brochures, magazine ads and articles, and the Automotive History Preservation Society library growing daily.
Free to join, free to learn.
Old March 24th, 2013, 04:58 PM

thanks i will check it out
Old March 24th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by diesel olds
If you decide against vinyl, you could still install the trim pieces and paint the car 2 tone. You'll see that it was an option in 67 and used exactly the same trim pieces.
Old March 24th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Allan R
If you decide against vinyl, you could still install the trim pieces and paint the car 2 tone. You'll see that it was an option in 67 and used exactly the same trim pieces.
And it looks really nice too.
Old March 25th, 2013, 06:40 AM

My son has a 67 F85 two door post that was two tone without the vinyl top. Gold bottom, white top. Do you need the trim pieces? He is going back one color.
Old March 25th, 2013, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by wmachine
Yes. You can find all the info on this in the SPECS booklet free of charge in downloadable pdf format on Wild About Cars.

http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...aldisplayed=50

Wild About Cars. http://wildaboutcars.com. An information supersource, especially Oldsmobile. More Olds content than anywhere else on the internet and continuing to grow.
You'll find Chassis Service Manuals, Product Information Manuals (AKA Assembly Manuals), Inspector's Manuals, and other documents that will contain this and much much more.
Dealer Brochures, magazine ads and articles, and the Automotive History Preservation Society library growing daily.
Free to join, free to learn.
Absolutely use WAC for any info you need concerning Oldsmobiles. I use it all the time for info and I rarely use my assembly manuals anymore because you can enlarge the pages to see the hard to see/fuzzy/small print in the factory manuals. There is more Oldsmobile content on WAC than any other brand. Kudos to Bob & Kurt for their contributions to it.