General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

76 Hurst Hatch?

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM

76 Hurst Hatch?

i located a 76 cutlass top that is cut off the car. it has Hurst Hatch T tops in it. the tops look like they are in pretty good shape but i don't know the condition of the metal around the tops. i don't even know what he is going to want for them. are these something i should look into? are they a desirable enough part to make it worth my time to investigate? i know nothing about 76/77 cutlasses. i can also get a gauge cluster from the same car. any info would be great, thanks.
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
i located a 76 cutlass top that is cut off the car. it has Hurst Hatch T tops in it. the tops look like they are in pretty good shape but i don't know the condition of the metal around the tops. i don't even know what he is going to want for them. are these something i should look into? are they a desirable enough part to make it worth my time to investigate? i know nothing about 76/77 cutlasses. i can also get a gauge cluster from the same car. any info would be great, thanks.
Go check the parts out if they are close to you. Does it look like this? This one has weatherstripping, headliner, dome-reading lamps, and visors, in Buckskin. Try and get the weatherstripping included as it sells for about $500 by itself.

ttop1.jpg
Old April 5th, 2011, 02:12 AM

it looks like that but i don't think these had the trim around the glass part. it just had the trim at the drivers and passenger edge. on the center side, it had two little chrome tabs that hooked under the center of the car top. the cars top had the trim all the way around. what about the gauge cluster?
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
it looks like that but i don't think these had the trim around the glass part. it just had the trim at the drivers and passenger edge. on the center side, it had two little chrome tabs that hooked under the center of the car top. the cars top had the trim all the way around. what about the gauge cluster?
Apparently there is a first generation and second. I don't know which is which. I think Fusick sells used Hurst Hatches.