General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Body Panels

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2012, 10:23 AM

Body Panels

Anyone know of a reputable supplier for body panels in Canada/US? Specifically for a 72' Olds Cutlass 4 door. Need rear quarters, front fenders, & rear door skins.
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Have you looked at Goodmark? They have the fenders. For the quarters and doors though, I think you need to look for a donor car. If the damage on the quarter is behind the rear wheel, you may be able to get by with using patch panels. Are you in Calgary? The pic looks familiar.

If you need donor cars, check with John (2blu442) in Medford Oregon. He has a number of cars. Might be able to help you out. He's a good guy to work with. Sometimes he gets pretty busy at work, so bear with him if there's a delay?
Old July 11th, 2012, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by rcrac3r
Anyone know of a reputable supplier for body panels in Canada/US? Specifically for a 72' Olds Cutlass 4 door. Need rear quarters, front fenders, & rear door skins.
Although 4 door A bodies are difficult to find parts four you could try RPM in Saskatoon http://www.rpmparts.ca/RPM.pdf ou could also check out the Links page of our website www.oldsclub.ca tons of websites there. Good luck.
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ken, I looked at RPM and they don't appear to have on line catalogues. The do sell hard copy ones for 64-72 Cutlass though. I'll contact them and ask if they have a .pdf catalogue that would be beneficial to everyone. Nowadays it's almost the 'rule' to have on line browsing. I'll post what I find out. rcrac3r, hope they will have something. I know that SK also has some decent boneyards. I checked some local project yards up here and there's nothing. Have you also checked the local kijiji or craigslist in your area for cars/parts?
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Huh? Well that was short and sweet. They don't even have a web email, just a long distance number to call.
Old July 12th, 2012, 02:56 PM

Yeah 4 doors never seem to get enough love. I bought this one in Calgary & it will be at the Rocket Round Up July 21. I'm hoping to start collecting parts this year so that next year the body work can get done (have to find someone who can do welding of body panels to). Engine & trans will be done over the winter.
Old July 12th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I'll be watching for it. See you there. There's a 71 Cutlass cruiser up here in the boneyard, but all the body panels including fenders are in really rough shape (read: rusted out). If I see anything during my web browsing I'll flag it for your attention.

Glad to hear you found someone to weld. If they know how to fabricate, you may be able to get away without having to find some panels. The patch panels for inner trunk liner/floor and drop panels should be the same as the 2 doors.

Last but not least? You do know that you can use donor parts from any 70-72 cutlass/f85 pillared sedan.
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by rcrac3r
(have to find someone who can do welding of body panels to)
Sorry Allan, I need to find someone who can weld body panels. I can prime & paint, just need the metal part done.
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Last but not least? You do know that you can use donor parts from any 70-72 cutlass/f85 pillared sedan.
Nope i didn't. I'm relatively new to the Oldsmobile side of the tracks. Had Chevy's in the past & it's been a few years since I've been in the game so I'm learning some things all over again.
Old July 12th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

No worries. I think the lower quarter panels can come from any of the Cutlass line as long as it's below the curved crease area. When you're at the Rocket Roundup it will be a great opportunity to take some pics/notes of what dimensions and stuff you'll need to work on. With luck there may be another 4 door showing up. Maybe give Ken a shout and ask president@oldsclub.ca It's only a couple more weeks and I think he said there are over 60 cars registered already.

Oops, my bad on the welding. I'm in that boat too. Been thinking of taking some basic weld courses to get me through that. Can you post any pics that show where the bad rust is? That would help with searching for parts.

Hey, I owned Chevy's too. Some were damn fine performers - others were lame. You get that with any car line. Even though the Olds and Chev share the same frame, there's something different in the ride quality of the Cutlass than the Chevelle. Wierd, but true. Only thing better about Chev IMO is that there are more aftermarket suppliers of parts. Olds is getting there, but the focus has been on the 2 dr coupes, for the same obvious reasons as other performance/muscle cars.
Old July 13th, 2012, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Can you post any pics that show where the bad rust is? That would help with searching for parts.
Ok will get posted over the weekend.
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:52 PM

I've got some 4 door body panels & doors but shipping from here may be spendy. I've only been in Canada twice and have no idea if your close enough to come over the border & pick up parts or not. My job has me working long hours right now so I may not be able to reply quickly. But let me know if you think it's workable to ship something from Southern Oregon to you.

John
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:29 AM

If it stops raining here I will get some pics of what is needed. Have no idea how much it would be to ship from Oregon.