General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Fusick Shipping & Handling Charges

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2014, 03:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, I have to agree that 3 days is pretty fast and it sounds suspicious. It also seems really wrong though that a vendor would use that kind of expedited service without confirming it with the client first though. I specifically ask for non courier delivery unless the vendor doesn't give me a choice because couriers usually pad the fees with extra fuel surcharges, import fees etc. I always specify MOST ECONOMICAL and order my parts well in advance of needed time so I'm not in a crunch that way. Normal cross border time for parts seems to be around 14 days from US to Canada. The customs folks don't always open every parcel coming through.

I recently shipped a QJ to TX for a fellow member. I packed the box extremely well because I know that post office handling is as terrible as any courier. The box ended up being 12" x 22" x 18" and weighed in at just under 20 lbs. I used my small business account and total shipping cost to TX was around 35.00 US. Now if I can ship this inexpensive I'd sure like to know why folks in the US can't do the same when it comes to shipping north to Canada. This was 2 trips to the PO; one to confirm the price and one to send it..... Yes, I had to fill out a form and stand in line and use my own packing materials. I didn't charge a penny for that time, effort or gas. Oh, last thing - I also checked with my buyer to find out if he was willing to pay that. If he'd said no I can respect why.

Any time I've dealt with ILT, they not only confirmed my order by reading it back to me, but they also told me exactly how much it would cost to ship before I gave them payment. If they shorted or had to backorder anything, they have always shipped it to me on their dime, which I really think is fantastic customer service. I believe Eric (MDchanic) alluded to this with the large mailout volumes a lot of these vendors process.
Old September 2nd, 2014, 05:44 PM

Im so used to the high shipping charges...still don't like em... I try and get USPS shipping if at all possible to save brokerage charges. Like they say...these places have what we need so we pay... It is what it is...
Old September 2nd, 2014, 06:33 PM

I almost bought a set of vacuum lines from Fusick but then I started adding up all the costs.....Decided to make em myself.....cheaper all the way around. Bought metal tubing off of an Ebay seller with "free" shipping......
Old September 2nd, 2014, 07:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442scotty
Im so used to the high shipping charges...still don't like em... I try and get USPS shipping if at all possible to save brokerage charges. Like they say...these places have what we need so we pay... It is what it is...
Have you checked Calgary for some of the vintage restoration shops? They have more than Edmonton.
Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:03 PM

most engine parts can be gotton at ur local autoparts store brake lines rubber lines etc check with them 1st
Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:36 PM
Billy

Ironically, I ordered some items from Fusick earlier this year that came in a similar size box and it was around $22 for shipping. That was the basis for my incorrect estimate! As for the other stuff, yes they did send it FedEx. Once again, my mistake for not clearly stating "basic postage, please, USPS...no rush" This will not happen again, i've learned my lesson.
Old December 8th, 2020, 10:58 PM

Hi friend. Transportation and delivery of individual parts can be very expensive. You have to spend money if you do not know various tricks about how to save money on delivery. And shas I'll tell you this secret. There are many deliveries that will help you not only transport your car to your home, but also transport the things that are in your car. And here's a way. You come by car to where you buy. Then you put those items that you bought into the car. And then you use a great service that deals with shipping car across the country. They will bring not only the car, but also what will be in the car. Hope you can save some money with this method!

Last edited by EdwardClark; December 25th, 2020 at 06:00 AM.
Old December 9th, 2020, 06:50 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Did you realize this thread is six years old? I think delivery is profitable for a lot of companies. ebay sellers used to be the worst until ebay started charging fees on shipping. Sellers would sell items cheaper and then inflate delivery costs since the fee was not calculated on the shipping. ebay wised up to that and now charges fees on shipping.