General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

How my day went

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2009, 05:24 PM

How my day went

Ok I thought it might be nice to share how my day went. It started off soso. The wife and I went to the junkyard for another fan that I need for my new aluminum radiator. I need 2 fans that I can stick side by side. So we get there with just a ratchet and a socket as we know what it takes to get this fan out as we got one earlier this week. Well i picked up the wrong socket. So back home to get the right one. Then I went back out and the wife took her Olds to get a case of AMSOIL ATF fluid so I could put my rebuilt trans back in. I got the fan, but when she got to the shop that sells the AMSOIL she was told he didn't have any and was merely selling it as a favor for a friend. WTF, who does this and expects to sell anything. So she calls a friend that sells it and he is out. UGH. Well we both head up to the guy that we met that restores Oldsmobiles and hooked us up with someone to rebuild my 200-4R. So we get there and he tells me it was in need of a rebuild and that it now has my Trans-Go HD2 shift kit installed plus kevlar clutches and bands installed. And all for a little over $800. So after that we went to a Speed shop we frequent and bought so Royal Purple ATF. Then the wife went to work and I headed home. Luckily my neighbor came home shortly after me and helped me get the trans in. It was a pretty quick job. The hard part was getting it onto the jack. But now it is all in and ready to go. Just need to get the radiator and fans set up and it will be back in running condition. I can't wait to see how the trans is.
Old June 11th, 2009, 05:14 AM

At least you finally got the transmission in. Good luck with the dual fan set up. Let us know how it turns out.
Old June 11th, 2009, 07:12 AM

I thought making multiple trips to get anything done was standard proceedure, at least it is for me. Hope the trans and cooling works out well for you. Looking foward to a udate on completed project