General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Info wanted: anybody with a '67 Olds with cruise control

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Trying to remember member

Info wanted: anybody with a '67 Olds with cruise control

Anybody have a '67 Olds that came with K30 factory cruise control?
I'm looking for the Fisher Body data plate accessory codes on such a car.
TIA.
Old December 19th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by wmachine
Anybody have a '67 Olds that came with K30 factory cruise control?
I'm looking for the Fisher Body data plate accessory codes on such a car.
TIA.
Kurt,
just wondering, would this info be in this book? According to the write up on it:
Do you know what TR 940 means on your 69 Olds body identification plate? Or how to decode VIN tags, engine numbers, paint and trim codes? Answers to these questions and more can be found in this detailed ID guide. Includes codes for body styles, models, exterior paints, convertible tops, interior trims, engines, transmissions and rear axles. RPOs are also listed. Includes a full color section of exterior paints and interior trim selections for each year.

I don't have it, but am planning on buying it. A little pricey at 77.00 + shipping. Does anyone else have this book? Does it have the info Kurt is looking for?
Old December 19th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Oldsdruid

Kurt- would Cruise Control provisions necessarily be a Fisher Body thing? Or are you thinking wiring harness on the big cars?

Julian Hilton had a Ninety Eight LS with motor operated cruise but that car's gone thru a couple of owners since he sold it, and I have no idea where it is now.

Allan, I have the book and it does not go into the data plate detail Kurt wants.
Old December 20th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Kurt- would Cruise Control provisions necessarily be a Fisher Body thing? Or are you thinking wiring harness on the big cars?

Julian Hilton had a Ninety Eight LS with motor operated cruise but that car's gone thru a couple of owners since he sold it, and I have no idea where it is now.

Allan, I have the book and it does not go into the data plate detail Kurt wants.
Thx rocketraider,
BTW can you tell me what the TR 940 means? Its been bugging me for a long time. I'm guessing a trim line or model?
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by Allan R
Kurt,
just wondering, would this info be in this book? According to the write up on it:

I don't have it, but am planning on buying it. A little pricey at 77.00 + shipping. Does anyone else have this book? Does it have the info Kurt is looking for?
Thanks, Allan. The option codes they list are RPO codes, and they are not the same as the accessory codes on the data plate.
$77.00? I have one I'd sell you for half that, pm or email me. (wmachne@shubes.net)

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Thanks, Glenn. Good question. I don't know, that's one reason I'm fishing for info. I have no code history for cruise, but I've found a column 2 "Z" code that I can't identify and the car has cruise. Power trunk has a code so I'm speculation that cruise may. Also an unusual enough option to miss radar to date.

Originally Posted by Allan R
Thx rocketraider,
BTW can you tell me what the TR 940 means? Its been bugging me for a long time. I'm guessing a trim line or model?
"Trim" code is the interior information. In '67, 940 is is black bench seat in a Cutlass Supreme Town Sedan.
Old December 20th, 2009, 10:07 AM

I don't think there will be a Fisher code for cruise control. I think the cruise control option was totally installed by the GM assembly plant.

Henry