General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Inline Tubing - gas line

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:11 PM

Inline Tubing - gas line

I ordered new brake and gas lines from Inline tubing and started installing them on my 59 yesterday. The new gas line is about 3 feet longer than my old one.

The old one just went from the tank, over the rear axle and down straight along the outside of the frame up to about the front of the passenger door where it bent left and entered the frame and ended. From there it was a rubber line to the fuel pump.

The new one seems to have some small jogs where it should be straight along the frame but appears that it must thread it's way through the frame then up and over the front cross member to the pump.

Anybody else have any experiences like this? Do these lines require more bending, etc to get them to fit? I could cut it where the old one ended but I'd rather get it to work if I can and it should fit as delivered. They said it should require no bending other than straightening the bends they put in for mailing. They also said they have no charts, photos, drawings or schematics to show how it is supposed to be.

Any insights or experiences would be helpful. The brake lines appear to fit pretty well but do require some adjusting (bending).

Thanks!