General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2020, 07:36 PM

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My car got got hit by a person in an ford F-350!!!!! The mother phucker ran the stop sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PHUCKING PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 6th, 2020, 07:39 PM
71 cutlass convertible

That sucks royally. Willing to bet he was on his phone and not paying attention.
Old June 6th, 2020, 07:40 PM

Old June 6th, 2020, 07:41 PM

Old June 6th, 2020, 07:42 PM

Old June 6th, 2020, 07:50 PM

This is a piece of history that has been bruised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's irreplacable!!!!!!!!! I will not find another!!!! *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 6th, 2020, 09:17 PM
Administrator

That is very unfortunate. It looks mostly cosmetic that can be easily repaired. Parts should not be hard to find. Luckily it looks like the hood escaped unscathed.
Old June 6th, 2020, 09:23 PM
Vincit qui se vincit

We share in your sadness, that’s our nightmare here on CO. I’m guessing he did more damage backing away from your beautiful car then the initial impact.

I’ve got a buddy that has an F350 diesel dualie and he drives it like its indestructible. Pretty much the opposite of how we drive.

Hate to say this, but with all the distracted drivers out there, some days (in fact maybe most days) I’m just glad to get my car safely back into the garage 🤞
Old June 6th, 2020, 10:01 PM

Well that really sucks. People really need to return to the mindset that driving is a full time activity and the #1 priority is focusing on the road..

Agreed that at least the hood didn't get damaged as that is the high dollar item.
Old June 6th, 2020, 10:47 PM

I’m so sorry. Something we all fear. I hope no one was hurt and that the F350 guy has insurance.

Much better it was the front and not the rear quarter. Or a rear end hit. Best wishes for no hood or frame damage.

The more rare these cars get, the more noticeable they are, especially in red. That keeps us all a little safer.

We all look forward to pictures of it repaired and back on the road.

cf
Old June 7th, 2020, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by 1972vCode442
...I’ve got a buddy that has an F350 diesel dualie and he drives it like its indestructible. Pretty much the opposite of how we drive...
There should be a law against driving such vehicles in populated areas, if they're not used for what they're built to do. In other words, if the driver is using it with nothing in the bed (groceries don't count) or can't prove that he didn't drop off something which is too large or too heavy to haul in a passenger car, there should be a fine determined according to income or, better yet, jail time to face. Not only are they hazardous to pedestrians (especially, children).
People who own those monsters think that they have an advantage over their adversary, in a collision. The reality is that in certain situations, colliding with a normal vehicle will cause the truck to flip over and thus make it vulnerable to any vehicle following it which doesen't stop in time. Like some double-trailered Mack semi-truck
Old June 7th, 2020, 01:42 AM

Deal with your insurance. Lawyer up if you need to. Do not discuss details here. If you feel hurt, be sure that is documented.
Old June 7th, 2020, 04:12 AM

What a nightmare. Sorry
Old June 7th, 2020, 05:14 AM

Thank you guy's for your support!!!
Old June 7th, 2020, 05:14 AM

Tough to see, tougher to experience. No matter how bad you feel about your car at the moment, you can get another one of those if you have to. You can't get another life. Thankfully, you get to continue in the land of the living.
Old June 7th, 2020, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Killian_Mörder
There should be a law against driving such vehicles in populated areas, if they're not used for what they're built to do. In other words, if the driver is using it with nothing in the bed (groceries don't count) or can't prove that he didn't drop off something which is too large or too heavy to haul in a passenger car, there should be a fine determined according to income or, better yet, jail time to face. Not only are they hazardous to pedestrians (especially, children).
People who own those monsters think that they have an advantage over their adversary, in a collision. The reality is that in certain situations, colliding with a normal vehicle will cause the truck to flip over and thus make it vulnerable to any vehicle following it which doesen't stop in time. Like some double-trailered Mack semi-truck
We don't need anymore nanny laws in this country.
Old June 7th, 2020, 05:23 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Ancient Iron
We don't need anymore nanny laws in this country.
^^^THIS! What we need is accountability when @$$holes drive like that. The moron already broke the law. Another law isn't going to change that.
Old June 7th, 2020, 05:32 AM

The F-350 wasn't the problem, the idiot driving it was. Should we make a law to outlaw forks and spoons because people get fat from eating ?
Old June 7th, 2020, 05:39 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by OLDSter Ralph
The F-350 wasn't the problem, the idiot driving it was. Should we make a law to outlaw forks and spoons because people get fat from eating ?
Didn't they try that with large size sodas? How did that work out?
Old June 7th, 2020, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Didn't they try that with large size sodas? How did that work out?
And banned trans fats too, I believe? I think the fat people revolted. The nannies forgot about those things called "refills" so it was kind of an exercise in futility/stupidity.
Old June 7th, 2020, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by COBRA2000

My car got got hit by a person in an ford F-350!!!!! The mother phucker ran the stop sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PHUCKING PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry this happened. I had the same experience once (Idiot blowing stop sign) . Bang his insurance company for all it's worth.
Old June 7th, 2020, 05:52 AM

The Quote from this poster lives in Freiburg Germany, not sure he understands the quantity of folks in America (A LOT) that only use their pick up trucks as grocery getters. Probably a bit different mentally in efficiencies. However, yes ultimately it is not the trucks fault. How in the hell could the driver of the truck not see that car, I hope he gets the book thrown at him.
Old June 7th, 2020, 06:06 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by otto72
The Quote from this poster lives in Freiburg Germany, not sure he understands the quantity of folks in America (A LOT) that only use their pick up trucks as grocery getters.
Also the fact that unlike Europe, most US cities are much more spacious and for the most part designed around large American vehicles.
Old June 7th, 2020, 06:45 AM

Another angle

Old June 7th, 2020, 07:41 AM

I'd like to know what the response was from the driver?
Did he understand he didn't just hit another Camry?
-peter
Old June 7th, 2020, 07:54 AM

Damn! That $ux!
Old June 7th, 2020, 08:01 AM

How do you not see a big bright red car?? She is fixable! This too will pass, she will be a beauty again.

From the John V. school of defensive driving. Always watch out for the other guy!
Old June 7th, 2020, 08:05 AM

Sorry to see your damaged car , but everyone is safe and its completely repairable.
My daily driver was hit in a parking lot by someone texting, I was inside at work. A buddy saw the accident. I had several estimates done and the driver paid up.
Old June 7th, 2020, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
That is very unfortunate. It looks mostly cosmetic that can be easily repaired. Parts should not be hard to find. Luckily it looks like the hood escaped unscathed.
It's just a flesh wound...…….
Old June 7th, 2020, 09:43 AM

SO SORRY TO SEE THIS BEAUTIFUL CONVERTIBLE HURT, I have a older pickup, but have noticed lately that pickup drivers are driving like "get out of my way I have a truck I'll push you out of the way" mindset
Old June 7th, 2020, 10:20 AM
Bfg

I don’t use my car for a every day driver but when I do take it out, I get out the first thing Sunday mornings before the Idiots get out. But drive defensively as hell!
Old June 7th, 2020, 10:29 AM
Lansing built

Sorry! Very nice rig, looks like it's very fixable! The Ford truck drivers up here in Michigan have a hard time following the rules, turn signal use is the big one!
I am in the AG industry and kinda a given to drive a truck. My wife has a crew herself.

Pat
Old June 7th, 2020, 10:36 AM

This is why I take my cars out early in the morning. Not much asholes in the streets.
Old June 7th, 2020, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by COBRA2000
When you get out of your car and see this.... WOW, so sorry. I know your pain first hand it is well documented on this site.

Hang in there bud, it was beautiful before and it will be beautiful again....
Old June 7th, 2020, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rallye469
I'd like to know what the response was from the driver?
Did he understand he didn't just hit another Camry?
-peter
I laid into his *** BIG TIME!!!! I let him know he bruise a piece of American history.....
Old June 7th, 2020, 11:16 AM

Thank you to all on this forum for their support!!!! I feel better already,,,
Old June 7th, 2020, 11:26 AM

Talk about service...The Hagerty claims guy already called me an hour ago telling me he will be out first thing tomorrow morning to look at my car.....Not bad service for a Sunday….
Old June 7th, 2020, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Also the fact that unlike Europe, most US cities are much more spacious and for the most part designed around large American vehicles.
Evidently, not spacious enough. How can anybody not see a stop sign? That's why it's best to have at least two cameras running at all times, while on the road. If a cop isn't being lazy, he could also summon cell phone data from the time the accident took place. I don't see any reason, as to why anyone should be reminding policemen to do so.
IMHO, these types should be facing capital punishment for playing while driving. Not only because of the classic cars of which they destroy. What they drive are truly weapons of mass destruction which endanger pedestrians, as well as other motorists

Last edited by Killian_Mörder; June 7th, 2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old June 7th, 2020, 01:01 PM

Man gotta tell you that is horrible BUT I think you will agree it could of been ALOT WORSE .

Old June 7th, 2020, 02:15 PM

Evidently, not spacious enough. How can anybody not see a stop sign? That's why it's best to have at least two cameras running at all times, while on the road. If a cop isn't being lazy, he could also summon cell phone data from the time the accident took place. I don't see any reason, as to why anyone should be reminding policemen to do so.
IMHO, these types should be facing capital punishment for playing while driving. Not only because of the classic cars of which they destroy. What they drive are truly weapons of mass destruction which endanger pedestrians, as well as other motorists
Guess all our 18 wheelers (80,000lbs) should be parked, they apparently would be “weapons of mass destruction” in your world, what vehicle weight is safe to operate on streets and highways?

Last edited by dc2x4drvr; June 7th, 2020 at 02:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!