General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

The Olds Performance Club is Now FREE Membership

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2010, 11:37 AM
45 yrs of Olds Nuttiness

The Olds Performance Club is Now FREE Membership

In an effort encourage participation the Olds Performance Club has waived membership dues. ITIS NOW FREE!

If you are interested in seeing what's going on - go to www.oldsperformanceclub.com

To be a full time member and participate, you must join Wild About Cars, the parent website, which is also free. www.wildaboutcars.com.

If you have any questions, contact me at bg@wildaboutcars.com

Bob G
Old November 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM

Thanks Bob i have really liked the wild about cars book i got from you on ebay.
Old November 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM
45 yrs of Olds Nuttiness

You are welcome - The Book is now on the Wild About Cars website at a discount to encourage members to join WAC and the OPC. http://store03.prostores.com/servlet...ars/StoreFront
Old November 5th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Ben

need to change colors or layout or something on those forums. Very hard to read. Hurt my head after a minute or two.
Old November 7th, 2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by RAMBOW
need to change colors or layout or something on those forums. Very hard to read. Hurt my head after a minute or two.
I too find the sites there had to navigate and that dashboard thing sucks....just my opinion....maybe I'm the idiot....
Old November 8th, 2010, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
I too find the sites there had to navigate and that dashboard thing sucks....just my opinion....maybe I'm the idiot....
Like a lot of other things --- it just takes a "little getting used to" -- All of the good FREE info is well worth the "small headache" that you may develop in learning to navigate the site! There is so much stuff on there for free that you can BUY on eBay it is unbelievable. Besides == theres a lot of "GOOD OLDS GUYS" on there and almost forgot to mention that you can even set up your own mini-webpage on there too? This is a "COMPANION" websit --- NOT a "COMPETING" website to these other good OLDS venues!!
MOO
Tweed
Old November 8th, 2010, 02:34 PM
45 yrs of Olds Nuttiness

John:

We are alwys trying to improve the website, and suggestions help us. I know that when you joined, you received an e-mail with my personal address asking for suggestions and ideas. We take all suggestions seriously and are constantly improving the website - it looks nothing like it did 6 months ago, and will continue to improve as time goes on.

It is always funny how people can find time to criticize the work of others - who, of course, are building the site for the very person who is critical of the effort, instead of coming forward to try and help make it better.

AND you are incorrect - YOU can enter the OPC site directly - merely go to www.oldsperformanceclub.com and hit "enter".

LAST, I and my informed buddies will stand on the statement that the 403 was never intended as a race motor and was designed as a super lightweight block with windows in the mains.

Any professional engine builder will tell you that this is the weak link. Just because you can run 11 sec with the block does not mean it is a race motor. Find a 403 in any serious race car and then ask how many blocks they have used up. No serious racer would use a 403, period, especially when diesel blocks can be pushed up to 434 cubes and are virtually indestructible.

I have built more race motors in my lifetime than you have been around, having built my first serious 403 in 1979 (11.29 @ 121 MPH, back in the day). That block had more crank walk than any other engine I ever saw, even with a girdle. It is not a race motor, as much as I would like it to be myself. I eventually sleeved a 350 diesel to 393 cubes and had much better results and saved a lot of money.

The fact remains, if we are imparting information to someone contemplating a race engine, we have to tell the truth, even if it hurts - so the 403 is not a race motor, period.

As I stated, you are welcome to offer your suggestions for improving the site, simply e-mail me at bg@wildaboutcars.com . Some things may not be possible, but we try. Stay tuned for some big-time improvements to our forums over the next few months.

Bob
Old November 11th, 2010, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the invite. I think I spent 2 hours there last night!
Old November 11th, 2010, 07:21 PM
45 yrs of Olds Nuttiness

Enjoy - it is there for all you guys! Tell your friends and remember if it wasn't for Classic Olds, you wouldn't have known about it. That's the synergy all the Olds-related website should have.
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:57 AM
45 yrs of Olds Nuttiness

I just wanted to thank all of you who joined the Olds Performance Club over the last few weeks and Classic Olds for being so generous to let us talk about the Club on this Site.

As a result, we have just crossed over the 200 member mark! Keep 'em coming guys!
Old December 21st, 2010, 07:03 AM
45 yrs of Olds Nuttiness

Update - Over 240 members now! For those who are non-members, you may want to see our info library at: http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...late.cgi?id=11

Pick a topic and then select "oldsmobile". For example Chassis Service Manuals from 1964-1971 (1972 is being loaded) Factory Assembly Manuals from 1965-1970, Ads and brochures from 1950-1970, and a ton more!

Check it out. You can register (It's free) at www.wildaboutcars.com
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:49 PM

like chesrown67oai said it just takes a little time 2 get used 2, its a different set up than CO and ROP, i dont go threw wildaboutcars i saved oldsperformaceclub in my favorites and it takes me straight there, they do have alot of FREE manuals 2 read why buy them on ebay if you can get for free on the site?? i just ordered a sweatshirt and decals 2 show my appreciation for all the reading material, this is a mom and pop site not a big busines site, they also email you with parts and cars for sale, if you havnt been there check it out
Old December 22nd, 2010, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by sx455raidercelticfan
like chesrown67oai said it just takes a little time 2 get used 2, its a different set up than CO and ROP, i dont go threw wildaboutcars i saved oldsperformaceclub in my favorites and it takes me straight there, they do have alot of FREE manuals 2 read why buy them on ebay if you can get for free on the site?? i just ordered a sweatshirt and decals 2 show my appreciation for all the reading material, this is a mom and pop site not a big busines site, they also email you with parts and cars for sale, if you havnt been there check it out

-- Thanks for the "plug" for the site!! Its all about 'good stuff' for all of us!! Now there is a photo page there that you can post a pic of your "muscle car's" performance style "vanity license tag". If ya got a good "neat plate" on your car --- go and post a pic for all of us to enjoy! Here's a link to take a look! http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-bin/clubgallery.cgi?action=displayitem&9990370271097&g roupid=9990286665833&categoryid=106&name=Neat Plates

Last edited by Chesrown 67 OAI; December 22nd, 2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:53 PM
45 yrs of Olds Nuttiness

Just remember to click on the picture and drag it open to full size!
Old December 23rd, 2010, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by jrzybob442
Update - Over 240 members now! For those who are non-members, you may want to see our info library at: http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...late.cgi?id=11

Pick a topic and then select "oldsmobile". For example Chassis Service Manuals from 1964-1971 (1972 is being loaded) Factory Assembly Manuals from 1965-1970, Ads and brochures from 1950-1970, and a ton more!

Check it out. You can register (It's free) at www.wildaboutcars.com
Glad to see all the new members that have signed up FREE in the last 2 weeks.
Check the site out and join! Its all great info and some fun too -- and its all FREE!
FREE IS GOOD!!