General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Pictures from today's car show

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Cutlass Lover

Pictures from today's car show

I spent the day at a car show/air show at the Stow Glen Retirement Center in Stow, OH. It was a real nice event. Quite a few cars, and several old plane fly by's. A guy there took a picture of me and one of the residents - maybe they will post it on their website!
Again, no trophy . The copper colored 57 Chevy got one - again . He was also at the show I went to at the Kent VFW and got a top 20 there also! That's enough for him! But it is a nice car.
Anyhow, here are some pictures from today. Enjoy!
IMG]http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab6/cutlassgal/stowglencarshow009.jpg[//stowglencarshow019.jpgIMG]/IM]G]IMG]stowglencarshow018.jpg
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Cutlass Lover

More pics, I hope

stowglencarshow010.jpgstowglencarshow009.jpgstowglencarshow001.jpgstowglencarshow015.jpgstowglencarshow025.jpgstowglencarshow016.jpg
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Cutlass Lover

stowglencarshow009.jpg
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Cutlass Lover

stowglencarshow015.jpg

stowglencarshow016.jpg

stowglencarshow001.jpg

stowglencarshow025.jpg
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Cutlass Lover

stowglencarshow012.jpg
Old September 12th, 2009, 08:58 PM

I love car shows that are on the grass! Nice shots - nice Olds!!
Old September 12th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks! The green and white Cutlass was the "prettiest one" there, of course The judges must be blind...
Old September 12th, 2009, 10:04 PM
same but different

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Thanks! The green and white Cutlass was the "prettiest one" there, of course The judges must be blind...
That car looks like it could be better than new....got some more pics of that one?
Old September 13th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Registered

Did they have dash plaques?

I would have checked the show out but I attended a brunch my wife put on for her mom's 90th birthday, it was loads of fun.

Great pics, cool planes, neat cars.
I thought at a car and air show they loaded the cars in the planes and flew them around? Guess not?.

That chebby doesn't even have wheel covers?
It's that cool floor creeper with the car info display he has that gets the votes.

Hey Sandy, If I asked you when your next car show is would your reply be "What time is it?."
Old September 13th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks for the compliment don71!! I am always happy to show her off!! oldsshowinalliance008.jpg

solonsupercharitycruiseriverfrontcr.jpg

solonsupercharitycruiseriverfron-1.jpg

Hudsoncruisein-KentVFWshow006.jpg

The "prettiest one" or the 57 chebby?? He just has prettier chrome....
Old September 13th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hey there Bluevista!! You're funny!! I am on a mission for a **$#@** trophy! No, they didn't have dash plaques. If I'm not going to get a trophy, I should at least get a dash plaque! There were a bunch of different shows yesterday, but this one was closest to me. Check out the ones in Munroe Falls next weekend. There are 2 of them. I'm going to the one in the park, I hope. They are giving 50 dash plaques. If you show up, leave the goat at home and bring the vista!! I need a chance! Just kidding! I need you to be on the judges panel - make that your mission!!
Anyhow, we are heading to Cedar Rapids Iowa probably tomorrow morning, as we got word yesterday that my husbands brother died suddenly Friday night. They think a sudden heart attack, we really don't know yet. It's going to be a mess, as sometimes these things bring out the worst in relatives, and they argue and fight.
I'm taking my trusty laptop with me, and will be on occasionally. I know we have some Olds lovers out there in IOWA ( I OUGHTA WENT AROUND) - any close to Cedar Rapids??
Old September 13th, 2009, 10:51 AM

that green and white Cutlass is so sharp
Old September 13th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Hey there Bluevista!! You're funny!! I am on a mission for a **$#@** trophy! No, they didn't have dash plaques. If I'm not going to get a trophy, I should at least get a dash plaque! There were a bunch of different shows yesterday, but this one was closest to me. Check out the ones in Munroe Falls next weekend. There are 2 of them. I'm going to the one in the park, I hope. They are giving 50 dash plaques. If you show up, leave the goat at home and bring the vista!! I need a chance! Just kidding! I need you to be on the judges panel - make that your mission!!
Anyhow, we are heading to Cedar Rapids Iowa probably tomorrow morning, as we got word yesterday that my husbands brother died suddenly Friday night. They think a sudden heart attack, we really don't know yet. It's going to be a mess, as sometimes these things bring out the worst in relatives, and they argue and fight.
I'm taking my trusty laptop with me, and will be on occasionally. I know we have some Olds lovers out there in IOWA ( I OUGHTA WENT AROUND) - any close to Cedar Rapids??
I'm sorry to hear about your husband's brother Sandy.
Have a safe trip and I hope all goes smoothly.

I'll have to check those shows, I may do the City of Aurora Sunny Lake deal on Saturday since it's so close.
I'll take the Vista Cruiser, I stripped a lot of parts off getting it ready for paint but I don't care, it still has directionals and brake lights.
I'll try to get on a judging panel, I know people, how do you think I got half my trophies?
I picked the club's choice award cars at Solon a couple of times. It's doesn't cost much to be one of the weekly sponsors there and then you pick the car for an award plaque.
I'll sponsor a night if you pay, maybe I'll even pick your car if mine isn't there.
Old September 13th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Cutlass Lover

Ah, you're all heart!! I can bribe - I'm not proud! I would like to go to the Aurora show too. It looks like a nice one. No dash plaques, though. Thats what is making me lean towards Munroe Falls. Aurora is only about 10 minutes for me. Wish they would schedule these shows differently so 2 could be done in one day. I did that earlier this summer at Glenwillow and Willoughby Hills. That was a long day, but I enjoyed it .

Thanks for your condolences - we appreciate it. I spent the afternoon cleaning up my little plastic olds. She gets jealous of the Cutlass, and was glad to get a little bit of my time! We're taking her to Iowa. It will be the first long trip she's made since I've had her. Should be easier on gas than Larry's truck! I'll post some pics of her. One day, she'll be a classic too!
Old September 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks jeffreyalman for the compliment!! I think so too!