General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Spring Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2019, 06:24 AM
Old(s) Fart

Spring Carlisle

I haven't seen anyone talking about it yet (which is a bad sign...).

Leaving after lunch today, I'll be there through Saturday evening. The usual spaces NA64-65, not too far inside from Gate 3. It's been so crazy with work and travel and the flu this month that I have no idea what parts I'll have time to load up, but stop by and say "hi". If the tent is closed up, it means that we're out spending money. Call my cell if you need me. 703-927-9196
Old April 23rd, 2019, 08:40 AM
Olds Fever

You are right Joe, the event hasn't got much attention as in the past... It's possible that since this is spring break for many school areas, people made other type family plans, which however from our perspective (being old(s) car enthusiasts) would be to include the Spring Carlisle Event... That being said, hope you have a good time and the weather is good for the entire event...
Old April 23rd, 2019, 08:58 AM
Old(s) Fart

Last year this time it was snowing as I set up the canopy. This year it's supposed to hit 80.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 03:58 PM
71 cutlass convertible

No way will i be able to make it. This is becoming the busiest month in 10 years at work. It is a good thing I will have more money for parts at fall carlisle.
Old April 25th, 2019, 06:46 AM

I haven't been there in years but I think with all the online avenues to get parts most people don't go any more. I've been told by vendors it just not the same. I did, however hear Hersey is the place to go. I was told by my carb guy, Larry Isgro Carbs., to go to Hershey and my reply was "Isn't Hershey for old stuff?" He grinned and said "Son your stuff is old now" He does Carlisle, Hershey and Rhinebeck, NY.
Old April 25th, 2019, 08:52 AM
Old(s) Fart

If you got to Hershey looking for 60s and newer parts, you will be sadly disappointed.
Old April 25th, 2019, 04:24 PM

Just got back from Carlisle, there were a few sprinkles on and off but not really enough for the vendors to completely cover their stuff or close down. Got the day in fine tomorrow is forecast for heavier rain. Vendor attendance was surprisingly heavy but Spring always seems busier than Fall. Picked a few Olds parts, nothing to brag about, was a fun day of hunting!
Old April 26th, 2019, 11:22 AM

Had planned on going for a day or 2 mainly to pick up a part from a guy from NJ but he decided to "stiff"me and not follow through with the deal so i didnt go . Glad i didnt == its suppose to rain every day. Will miss seeing you Joe Padavano === Is warren with you? are you guys coming to canfield?
Old April 27th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Chesrown 67 OAI
Had planned on going for a day or 2 mainly to pick up a part from a guy from NJ but he decided to "stiff"me and not follow through with the deal so i didnt go . Glad i didnt == its suppose to rain every day. Will miss seeing you Joe Padavano === Is warren with you? are you guys coming to canfield?
Missed you Tweed. Only real rain was Fri, and even then only early morning and late afternoon. Seemed like more vendors than in the last few years. Still no one buying, however. I did sell enough to pay for the spaces. Warren says hi.