General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Sweet baby Jesus!!!

Search this Thread

Old December 9th, 2009, 05:04 AM
car nut farmer

Sweet baby Jesus!!!

It's COLD outside, wicked, windy, nasty, thank God we didn't get the snow. Heading out to feed cattle.

How 'bout you guys?

obtw, for you guys in the sunbelt..........don't rub it in.
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:06 AM

It's brutal outside. I gave my wife a ride into St. Paul MN and I better get lucky tonight!
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:08 AM

Been there done that

I've put out a few round bales in my day in nasty weather. My favorite part is when the fresh cow manure catches in the rear tractor tires and get's slung missing the rear fenders.

We southern woosies don't have cabs.
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Captain of my ship

Cold and white

We have had snow on the ground for a few days now and daytime highs are around -1 to -3 or 28-30F. Tomorrow promises rain and mild weather but going back to below freezing after that. Even in parts of CA they are looking to see if the cold weather is going to hurt things like oranges. Big snowstorm coming up from the US ( now there is a change) going through Ontario and Quebec today. Luckily we have a warm push of air from the gulf stream when that hits here so it should turn to rain during the day tomorrow.
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I've put out a few round bales in my day in nasty weather. My favorite part is when the fresh cow manure catches in the rear tractor tires and get's slung missing the rear fenders.

We southern woosies don't have cabs.
I think you should retink that decision I use mine to plow snow in the winter when the temps are -10 to -20. Because I do it for a few people I would be a popsicle without a heated cab. Oh it also has air conditioning and stereo
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Cutlass Lover

....We southern woosies don't have cabs.

That's funny!!! It's a balmy 44 degrees here right now - very windy. Supposed to have wind gusts 40 - 60 mph later in the day, the weather people are saying. There goes my yard full of Christmas decorations!! Temps are going to drop through out the day, and we're looking at 20's for high temps tomorrow and Friday.

We had freezing rain last night - it was in the 30's - salt trucks were going up and down the road. That's one shiney thing I don't like.... ICE!!! God I hate winter!
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:34 AM

I don't see how ya'll stand it. Its 43 rainy and "Dank" today and I hate it.
Got out my M-65 fields Jacket w/ hood and liner. Here it comes for a few months.

Let's all move to Florida.
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:36 AM

We're getting cold air dry air in the Pacific Northwest. 14 degrees outside at 5:30 this morning here in the western valley. The town of Crecent in Central Oregon is -19 right now. Looks like 5 or 6 days of this cold temps before a warmer rainy system will come in off the coast. This is the coldest weather in about 10 years. Call me a whimp but it's hard to tinker when the wrench sticks to your hand
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:38 AM
car nut farmer

Well my wife hasn't felt good lately so she figures it's a good day to stay home and recuperate........have to wait around and call in sick for her.
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:39 AM

right now the wind is out of the east at about a thousand miles an hour (65 MPH really) My daughter got me up at 5:30 to check on one of the car tents,the wind is pulling it out of the ground and its anchored with steel rods 4 feet long into the ground.
We live on top of a hill,beautiful view but man does that wind rip right through you,we are enjoying freezing rain and snow with drifting and branches being torn from the pines.
Gotta love winter or we are crazy for living in this wonderland,does anybody have the homes for sale cataloge for New Mexico?
Old December 9th, 2009, 05:43 AM
car nut farmer

Got out my M-65 fields Jacket w/ hood and liner. Here it comes for a few months.

Tell you the truth, it wouldn't be so bad if I worked indoors for a living. My brother and I milked for twenty years so I shouldn't complain too much........talk about to the bone cold, frozen clothes, wet arms, and
-10F.......enough to make a guy quit.
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Captain of my ship

Puerto Rico is a territory of the U.S. is it not? It is warmer there and turn about face is fair play
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:07 AM

In the early 20's here in the Bothell, Wa area been cold for over a week now unusual this time of year, keep looking at the motorhome wishing it was on the road south, still have to work for a living what a bummer. Garage is friggin cold, I just go out and look at the 48 wishen it was done. Man I hate the cold, did I say I hate the cold
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by 71rocket
Heading out to feed cattle.

How 'bout you guys?
Already fed mine, thanks.
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
In the early 20's here
Wow, H. G. Wells is alive and well. Where I am, we're nearly done with the first decade of the 21st century!

Last edited by jaunty75; December 9th, 2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by jaunty75
Wow, H. G. Wells is alive and well. Where I am, we're nearly done with the first decade of the 21st century!

smart A$$
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Cutlass Lover

I got to work at 9:00 - it was trying to clear up - It is up to 55 degrees - rain started pouring hard.... the sun came peeking through those ugly black clouds, and there was a beautiful double rainbow!!! Just brought a smile to my heart!!! Wish I'd have had my camera! I made the guys go outside and look at it!!! Black clouds are back now and still windy. I guess it was the calm before the storm!
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:37 AM
GM Enthusiast

It's 45 here with heavy rain and winds. I guess I won't be driving my Cutlass today.
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:33 AM

No snow yet,plenty of rain today.
it suppose to drop into the 20's friday night.
i was eyeing up a new heater for the garage.looks like ill be picking it up sooner than later.
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Cutlass Lover

We had rain most of the day... temps dropped... a few flurries around. It's colder than a well diggers a$$ out there! Had to go outside and pick up Christmas decorations that have fallen over from these hurricane force winds a couple times. I'm not goin out anymore... these winds are supposed to keep up until tomorrow night,and the lake effect snow is supposed to start tomorrow. Great. I hate winter.
Old December 9th, 2009, 06:51 PM

After reading all you guys and gal posts, I remember why I left central Ohio. Just a quick rub.. It's 75 and I just came in from the screen porch.
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by FATRATMATT
After reading all you guys and gal posts, I remember why I left central Ohio. Just a quick rub.. It's 75 and I just came in from the screen porch.
You sir, are a cad! We are under a blizzard warning here in West Michigan, with temps down to 16F tonight and 11F tomrrow night, and winds up to 50mph...is it spring yet?
Old December 10th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Captain of my ship

I wonder if this thread will last til spring It is about 7C which is around 42F so the snow is melting. We had some rain overnight but right now cloudy , I hope there is a little more rain today so the snow goes away cause it is supposed to go back below freezing for a few days With all the humidity here I will probably fight to get into the truck tomorrow.
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Cutlass Lover

It's a lovely 18 degrees here this morning, and winds are still going strong!!! Some snow blowin around... windchill makes it feel like 5 degrees. It sucks!!!
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Captain of my ship

Hey up here 18 is T-shirt weather here right now it's a lot warmer than there I can go outside without a jacket and work in the garage.oh well I will enjoy it today cause it's gone tomorrow
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Cutlass Lover

Wolfman..... Be quiet or I'll unleash the flying monkeys!!
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
windchill makes it feel like 5 degrees
My brother lives in Los Angeles, and whenver he hears us talking about wind chills, he says, "we have wind chills here, too... Winchell's donuts!"

(You see, it's apparently a big chain of donut shops out there, and if a joke has to be explained, it can't be funny.)
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Captain of my ship

Sure

Right after this...NANANANANA
Old December 10th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Registered

I have a fenced in yard so my flying monkeys aren't on leashes.

Imagine that...it's cold and crummy outside in December in N.E. Ohio, who would'a thunk it???

Look on the bright side Sandy, there's no bugs outside and the cold is way better than somebody squirting chicken$hit through the crack between their front teeth at you.

Boo-Hoo.

I all I want for Chrithmas ithz my two front teef.
Old December 10th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Oh my God!!!!!!! I think the cold done got to your brain!!

How in the hel* did you do that picture???? That is great, I've got to give you credit. Your artistic talents never cease to amaze me!!! Got to admit, I've never had anyone squirt chicken$hit at me.... I hope yours isn't the voice of experience talking, though it wouldn't surprise me!!

Now get that creepy Boo-Hoo doll off of my car!!!
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Registered

More Kishka Please

Oh my God!!!!!!! I think the cold done got to your brain!!

How in the hel* did you do that picture???? That is great, I've got to give you credit. Your artistic talents never cease to amaze me!!! Got to admit, I've never had anyone squirt chicken$hit at me.... I hope yours isn't the voice of experience talking, though it wouldn't surprise me!!

Now get that creepy Boo-Hoo doll off of my car!!!
Two words....Cabin Fever.
Two more words...Photo Shop.

Artistic???
You ain't seen nothin' yet.

I've had it squirted at me but I moved quick, never hire a disgruntled carnival geek.

Redgoat did the pic so I have no idea how it was really done??

Get Jon442 to make you a sig pic like that.

It's real nice of him to offer to do those.
It's not that easy, for me at least.
I bet you already sent him your info and pics though Sandy?

I swear that I just heard a radio report about an outdoor wedding.
The guy they interviewed said they were going to stay warm by eating food and playing Cornhole.

I hope they have food???... someone stole the Kishka from the butcher shop???.

It can't be played enough so here you go again boychiks and girlchiks.
Turn it up full blast if you're at work, sharing is caring.
I just want to Polka when I watch it, can't because the only dance I know is the Pee-Wee Herman "Tequila" dance.
It may just work though??, where are my white platform shoes Redgoat???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAmLXrMv4-c

I'm really trying to get those cop dance moves down, the Curly floor spin brings tears to my eyes it's so beautiful, Nuryev would be proud.
I think he's from the same neighborhood in the old country as those guys too.

Last edited by Bluevista; December 10th, 2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Crawcrabchiks
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Cutlass Lover

Crawcrabchiks??? You are somethin else!!! Poor Laura... it's gonna be a long winter for her! She's gonna be sendin your butt out to the barn!

I thought about asking Jon if he makes showboards... I would reeeelly love to have one. I do not want a creepy boo-hoo doll in my sig pic, thank you very much.

White platform shoes??? Bet you're just stylin' and profilin' in those! I'd be leaving those with Redgoat. Speaking of Redgoat, nice pic in that other thread - Solon, right?

Think I'll have some Kielbasa for supper tonight..... I just have a sudden urge for some reason...
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:25 PM
olds..older..oldest

Lettr' Rip !

Bunch of pansies! It's howlin' out there at -9 Celcius [ figure it out sunshine people], and as the golfing and fishing [non-ice] season is over, I'm praying for snow. Spent last weekend getting the sleds ready for a season of high-speed shenanigans. They have to " jack" my cottage's boathouse 3' in the air [to replace the cribbing under the water] and they need two feet of ice to do it[ it's 1800 sq. ft.],so the sooner the lake freezes the better. HEY !, Don't get me wrong, I love the sun as much as anyone[ in fact my wife and I leave for a week in Mexico Jan.08/10], but if you live up here, ya' better find something to do all winter, cause that can go on a LONG time! Besides, I can always head down to Atlanta and take a winter cooking course at Jamesbo's House of Fine Southern Cooking
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by derek nesdoly
Bunch of pansies! Besides, I can always head down to Atlanta and take a winter cooking course at Jamesbo's House of Fine Southern Cooking
I'll meet you there. Jamsbo you got room to plug in my RV.
Old December 11th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Captain of my ship

I'll be down for some fine southern eating Maybe Sandy can give us a recipe for crawcrabs
Old December 11th, 2009, 05:55 AM

If ya'll can get here by tomorrow nite it's Bouef bourgugnon with Pommes Anna as a side.

I got to thinking about my pal Julia after posting yesterday.
Old December 11th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Cutlass Lover

I'll meet you there. Jamsbo you got room to plug in my RV.

Alright... Party in Citcapps RV!!!!

Maybe Sandy can give us a recipe for crawcrabs

No recipe from me... I wouldn't touch those creepy crawly clawy things!!! We'll leave that to Jamesbo! LOL!
Old December 11th, 2009, 07:42 AM

[quote=cutlassgal;130712]I'll meet you there. Jamsbo you got room to plug in my RV.

Alright... Party in Citcapps RV!!!!

You bet the rv even has a ice maker, good sound system with outdoor speakers CD player and a well stocked booze cabinet, Oh and a gas Q as well. Party on Dude
Old December 11th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Past Administrator

There is a play showing right now in the K.C. area about the two witches, you know the one from the West and the other good one in the Wizard of Oz. It is about them and the back story that was "never before told until now". It's called Wicked. Probably will be in your town soon.....
Old December 11th, 2009, 10:14 AM

Right now an hour north of Toronto we are getting 38 inches of snow today,when the plows go out and return the roads are ready to be plowed again.
I'm glad I live just south of them,no snow here but howling winds.

Quick Reply: Sweet baby Jesus!!!