General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Then and now

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Runner

Then and now

I was just looking through some of the old paper work for my 70 SX and found some pictures of what my car used to look like. Pretty cool stuff, I figured I would share

And now

Old July 9th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Past Administrator

Quite a change! Somebody did a lot of hard work there.
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:45 AM

Holey Moley! The first pic is scary, the third...great! a well done car.
Old July 9th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Runner

** I do want to note, the previous owner made it look how it does today. I wish I had that skill myself **
Old July 9th, 2010, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Joffroi
** I do want to note, the previous owner made it look how it does today. I wish I had that skill myself **
Still, that's quite a transformation! Nice car. My 442 looks pretty much today as it did 34 years ago so I can't really brag about any fantastic work done to it.
Old July 9th, 2010, 12:27 PM

Hard to believe its the same car!

Hats off to the ones who can make them look new again - AND to those who keep them up so they do not deteriorate!!
Old July 9th, 2010, 05:47 PM

cool before and after pictures. Amazing what a good wash and wax will do for a car isn't it
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well, whoever owned it first obviously didn't care too much about anything with wheels. Your previous owner obviously had some skills and a dream. How in the world did you get him to sell that car to you? Was it big $$?

Anyway, it's gorgeous.
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Runner

Originally Posted by Allan R
Well, whoever owned it first obviously didn't care too much about anything with wheels. Your previous owner obviously had some skills and a dream. How in the world did you get him to sell that car to you? Was it big $$?

Anyway, it's gorgeous.
I like to think I got a steal. 5k for the 70 SX matching numbers with the rebuilt 455 under the hood. When he sold it, the rebuilt motor had less then 10 miles on it (along with the tires too). The vinyl top was put on 2 weeks prior and he did the paint himself. Power seating, cruise control, power windows, AM/FM, 8track player (not sure if it works yet, I think the speaker might be shot), AC. The interior does need to be completely redone, along with the exhaust needing to be replaced though.

I did also have to re-line the gas tank and change the fuel filters since there was a little moisture / debris from the car sitting so long.

I've been browsing around for a classic muscle car for a while and this deal was just something I couldn't pass up (at least I thought so).

The Previous owner also had a 67 camero that he rebuilt from the ground up that just looked awesome. It was his father / son hobby rebuilding cars.

Last edited by Joffroi; July 9th, 2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Joffroi
I like to think I got a steal. 5k for the 70 SX matching numbers with the rebuilt 455 under the hood. When he sold it, the rebuilt motor had less then 10 miles on it (along with the tires too). The vinyl top was put on 2 weeks prior and he did the paint himself. Power seating, cruise control, power windows, AM/FM, 8track player (not sure if it works yet, I think the speaker might be shot), AC. The interior does need to be completely redone, along with the exhaust needing to be replaced though.

I did also have to re-line the gas tank and change the fuel filters since there was a little moisture / debris from the car sitting so long.

I've been browsing around for a classic muscle car for a while and this deal was just something I couldn't pass up (at least I thought so).

The Previous owner also had a 67 camero that he rebuilt from the ground up that just looked awesome. It was his father / son hobby rebuilding cars.
Nice story. I'd have bought it too for 5k. A fresh 455 with new rubber and body? Gr8 deal. Lucky for you there's a huge aftermarket for these A body interiors. Spend another 2 or 3 large (on your own terms) and you've got the dreamboat you always wanted. That color looks stunning in the pic. Given that it's a Supreme, I think the white wall tires suit it quite well and give a more regal look to overall appearance. It would also look quite killer with some raised white letters. The SS1 wheels and stainless brightwork sparkle like new and really dress up the car.
Old July 11th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Crazy Canuck

Love the whitewalls and the vinyl roof. Brings back memories...
Old July 11th, 2010, 06:44 AM
car guy

If it 1/2 the car it looks like it is in pictures then yes you stole it and then some for 5K