70 cutlass interior questions

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2024, 08:12 PM

70 cutlass interior questions

I found these pieces they’re labeled Lh and Rh. I have no idea where they would go. Also the yellow piece that sits behind the package tray. I’m not sure if that gets painted black and if it takes plastic pieces on the corners. These might be trivial questions but I’d rather ask than not

Old March 18th, 2024, 10:01 AM

I don't know on those two metal pieces/brackets. Don't look familiar. I'm almost thinking they may have something to do with the door shells or side glass....some sort of stops, etc....but I'm just guessing.

The lower window rear "bar" (runs across the inside of the backglass rear edge that you show a pic of....

>It should be painted to a color that will coordinate w/the rest of your interior color. If your interior color was originally black or white then that "bar" will be painted black.

>Yes, there are plastic "egg shells" or package tray corner pieces that get installed to cap off each end of the metal bar. You should be able to find nice used ones or they may be repro'd (not as nice as original but less chance of old weak/brittle plastic).

>Don't paint that rear "bar" with a high gloss or semi gloss finish. Should be semi flat or flat in terms of gloss. A satin finish isn't bad either.
Old April 3rd, 2024, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by 70Post
I don't know on those two metal pieces/brackets. Don't look familiar. I'm almost thinking they may have something to do with the door shells or side glass....some sort of stops, etc....but I'm just guessing.

The lower window rear "bar" (runs across the inside of the backglass rear edge that you show a pic of....

>It should be painted to a color that will coordinate w/the rest of your interior color. If your interior color was originally black or white then that "bar" will be painted black.

>Yes, there are plastic "egg shells" or package tray corner pieces that get installed to cap off each end of the metal bar. You should be able to find nice used ones or they may be repro'd (not as nice as original but less chance of old weak/brittle plastic).

>Don't paint that rear "bar" with a high gloss or semi gloss finish. Should be semi flat or flat in terms of gloss. A satin finish isn't bad either.
thanks for the help I was able to get it squared away