How good or great is the Legendary Auto Interior Discount?

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2023, 11:29 AM

How good or great is the Legendary Auto Interior Discount?

Title says it all. Has anyone actually saved big money during the Holidays Season Sale? Thinking about a complete interior.
Old November 23rd, 2023, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by SY2455
Title says it all. Has anyone actually saved big money during the Holidays Season Sale? Thinking about a complete interior.
I bought a complete interior for a 1967 442 years ago during the Holiday Sale. It didn't cover everything, and I want to say some items were 10% off while others were 25% off. If your spending $2,000-$3,000 you will save a few hundred dollars. If your thinking about a full interior it is worth buying during the Holiday Sale.
Old November 23rd, 2023, 05:34 PM

Looks like most of the interior parts are 20% off right now, others only 5% (looking at interior for my '70 Cutlass S).

Follow on question would be whether the Boxing Day (Week) discounts are any better, the same, or not as good?
Old November 27th, 2023, 03:19 AM

Not sure when Boxing day ( week ) is, however the Holiday Sale Noticed that I received has the dates of November 20th through January 8th 2024.
Old November 27th, 2023, 03:57 PM
Ben

Only the items they actually make qualify for the holiday sales events. that means Seat covers, Door Panels, headliners.
Just about everything else they sell is sourced elsewhere, so no discount applies- so you are better off buying anything OTHER than seat covers, door panels and headliners somewhere else.

Old November 27th, 2023, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by RAMBOW
Only the items they actually make qualify for the holiday sales events. that means Seat covers, Door Panels, headliners.
Just about everything else they sell is sourced elsewhere, so no discount applies- so you are better off buying anything OTHER than seat covers, door panels and headliners somewhere else.
Whom would you source for the same quality?? (I’m not waving Legendary’s flag, I’m genuinely asking..)
Old November 29th, 2023, 01:09 PM
Ben

Originally Posted by Funkwagon455
Whom would you source for the same quality?? (I’m not waving Legendary's flag, I’m genuinely asking..)
Unfortunately they are pretty much the only game in town for top shelf quality pre-made stuff IMO.
PUI's stuff is far enough off it can be spotted a mile away by an educated eye.. and I feel like their quality has dropped further now that they were acquired and reorg'd as "RPUI".
SMS will make some pretty amazing one-off stuff- but you are going to pay through the moon for it, and the 2 year wait after ordering keeps the average customer away.

A REALLY good custom upholster with the drive to properly replicate original stuff can do it just as well or better than Legendary, but it takes a really specific guy to go to the lengths need to do it right and true to OE- is more than just stiching them up, it also has to be the right vinyl (sheen & grain) and padding materials sewn in that define the pleats/etc.

Old December 4th, 2023, 03:51 PM

I just placed an order with Legendary for covers (front buckets and rear) for my '71 W-30, with some answers and guidance from a user here. He suggested to also check with with PUI (RPUI). The reply back from the latter company made up my mind very quickly to go with Legendary. I'll just say my suspicion is that the reply from them came from a front desk person who is not up to speed on even a not so technical question. I ordered right after the RPUI reply in early November wondering if I should wait to see if a holiday sale from Legendary would save a little, but decided to get my order in prior to a holiday rush.
The given shipping date is 8/1/24. Blue interior, Black could maybe deliver faster. It is what it is and I am happy with the choice I made.
My order was not placed direct to Legendary.
Old December 4th, 2023, 04:44 PM

After waiting two years for SMS to do my custom 442 inspired seat covers and recently being told that they did not have the correct patterns, I called Legendary last Wednesday to order my front bucket covers as well as a Holiday coupe rear seat which will be modified upon delivery to obtain the pattern I’m desiring throughout the car. SMS is still doing my door panels, but definitely screwed the pooch with regard to seat covers. Moving forward….