The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New to this forum

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2024, 01:17 PM

Not sure if that's possible, but I'll give it a shot. So I checked everything I could find in the camera storage, phone storage, but the only other option is the cloud or whatever online. Phone storage is on the sim card and the gallery app. I didn't see any other option for this. Another thing I'm thinking is if I choose a different option in the pop-up window. This window, (which I can't post a screenshot of), says on the heading, "Allow Samsung Internet to take pictures and record video", and it offers 3 options. 1. While using this app. ​​​​​​​2. Only this time. ​​​​​​​3. Don't allow. Since I don't trust any of this crap to not allow someone to mess with my phone or whatever else, I always choose the 2nd option, "only this time". Now I have noticed that I seem to only get this pop-up one time after logging in to the site. I thought at first it was anytime I switched forums, but that didn't work when I tested the theory. ​​​​​​​ So I've logged out and back in to test this. Here goes. ​​​​​​​My parts car.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​Well this time I chose option 1, and everything went exactly as expected, until I hit upload and the picture disappeared and the obj box appeared. I don't get it.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​. I'm going cross-eyed for looking at my phone!

Last edited by Cadman-iac; April 21st, 2024 at 01:22 PM.
Old April 21st, 2024, 01:22 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Cadman-iac
Not sure if that's possible, but I'll give it a shot.​​​​​​​
You can store files anywhere on your phone - any where. Gallery is nothing more than a 3rd-party image storage application. Take a picture, when it asks where to store it, don't store it in Gallery. If it doesn't ask you, set your configuration to store it elsewhere (anywhere outside Gallery) then try to upload that file image.
Old April 21st, 2024, 01:24 PM
Running On Empty

I'm going cross-eyed for looking at my phone!
Yes. The true downside of using a mobile phone device in negotiating with websites for images. You'll go cross-eyed in a heartbeat.
Old April 21st, 2024, 02:08 PM

the cornering lights on the parts car.

Now so far this picture looks like it's going to post and not convert to the obj box, but we'll see what happens when I hit post.

I do have a question. After uploading a picture, there's an option at the top right of the upload window that says "close", but just above that is another option for "upload".
I have been hitting "close" first before hitting "upload" in the very top right corner.
This time I went straight to the "upload" button. Let's see what happens now.
Old April 21st, 2024, 02:15 PM

Ok, that worked. Now to duplicate it.

the engine in the parts car. I guess I was wrong about not being able to see the color. It's definitely red, and the valve covers are silver.

You can see I had to tape over all the holes in the firewall to prevent the packrats out. Must have missed one though as they made a mess of the interior.
Old April 21st, 2024, 02:17 PM

I think I've finally figured it out. Don't hit the "close" button before you hit "upload".
Old April 21st, 2024, 02:41 PM
Running On Empty

I think I've finally figured it out. Don't hit the "close" button before you hit "upload".
Unclear why you would hit close prior to upload. Yikes.:

IMPORTANT: All select files must appear in the following window (below) before you click Upload. Wait until your file(s) are viewable in this window (below) before clicking Upload (see following instructions).
Next, click Upload only after all files are viewable in the following window (below). Ensure your images are arranged in-line in the order you want them viewed, add tags, categorize, and/or delete any files, etc.
After clicking Upload, you will be returned to your post page where you can save and/or preview your changes.

Click either Save Changes (without previewing), or click Preview Changes to view your files. IMPORTANT: If you choose to Preview Changes, you must return & click Save Changes in order for your files to be saved.
Old April 21st, 2024, 03:02 PM

I had read all that previously, but it doesn't make any mention of the "close" button, but now I know.another thing I tried was to add a couple more pictures to an existing post with pictures already on it. I successfully posted 2, then tried to add 2 more. Initially everything looked great. But when I hit "upload" it converted all the pictures to "obj". So I guess if you want to post additional pictures, you have to create another post. Seems like it creates a lot of extra ports to me.I just deleted the whole thing since it was useless without the pictures.
Old April 21st, 2024, 03:06 PM
Running On Empty

I had read all that previously, but it doesn't make any mention of the "close" button, but now I know.
another thing I tried was to add a couple more pictures to an existing post with pictures already on it. I successfully posted 2, then tried to add 2 more. Initially everything looked great. But when I hit "upload" it converted all the pictures to "obj". So I guess if you want to post additional pictures, you have to create another post. Seems like it creates a lot of extra ports to me.
Glad you got it working.

Regarding UPLOADING additional images. Very easy just depends on where you doing it from:
(1) If you have ALREADY created a Post/Thread w/ images already Posted, then click "Edit" on the Post where your images are already posted then simply add more images;
(2) You can at ANY TIME "prior" to clicking UPLOAD add additional images. NOTE: "Prior" to clicking UPLOAD images. This is why you wait until all the images you want to upload appear in the window BEFORE you hit UPLOAD. Additionally, you should read the Advanced section of the How To Upload Images/Pictures.
Old April 21st, 2024, 03:08 PM
Running On Empty

The reason it doesn't mention any close button is because you did not follow the step-by-step instructions which do not state to hit the close button. The directions explicitly state to hit the UPLOAD button next. The instructions do not state to hit the close button.
Old April 21st, 2024, 03:12 PM
Running On Empty

...I tried was to add a couple more pictures to an existing post with pictures already on it. I successfully posted 2, then tried to add 2 more. Initially everything looked great. But when I hit "upload" it converted all the pictures to "obj". So I guess if you want to post additional pictures, you have to create another post. Seems like it creates a lot of extra ports to me.I just deleted the whole thing since it was useless without the pictures.
I hope you got this. No you don't create another post. You click on the "Edit" button of the Post you want to add additional pictures. You're doing nothing more than adding (editing) additional images.
Old April 21st, 2024, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I hope you got this. No you don't create another post. You click on the "Edit" button of the Post you want to add additional pictures. You're doing nothing more than adding (editing) additional images. 
. Yes, that's what I did, went in under the edit button to add more pictures, and initially everything looked perfect. But when I hit the upload button it all went south. It changed the previous successfully uploaded pictures and the new ones into the obj box. ​​​​​​​ I'll try again later, but I'm tired of messing with it now. ​​​​​​​ I greatly appreciate your help and input on this. Thank you very much.

​​​​​​​ Rick