The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New member from CA

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2023, 10:18 AM

New member from CA

Hello, glad to be here! Having recently purchased a '71 Cutlass Supreme, I thought I would join this site to learn and share more specifics about these cars. I've owned a few other Olds A-Body cars over the years and always liked them. My past cars were a '71 Supreme HT, '70 SX HT, '72 Supreme HT and a '71 442 W-30 HT. As for my current '71, it's a 32K mile survivor and very original throughout. I've always liked survivor cars and this one caught my eye when I first learned about it. It's also a very early 08C build from the Fremont CA Plant, originally delivered to Olds Motor Division in Denver CO and always remained in CO until I purchased it. Being such an early build, this car has a few '70 parts on it which is also interesting. The car retains almost all of its original installed components under the hood as well which I really like. I've been busy cleaning up the exterior over the past month and it's looking better, but have much more to do yet. Attached are some photos of my progress so far and a few other photos of interest. Thanks, Grant

Old December 27th, 2023, 10:29 AM
Banned

Wow. Damn that looks like an extremely nice car. Welcome to Classic Oldsmobile. Please share as many pictures and stories as you want. We would all to see them. I love the 70-72 Cutlass Supreme body style.
I am from Denver. Do you know dealer it was sold thru? What color interior?

Last edited by no1oldsfan; December 27th, 2023 at 10:37 AM.
Old December 27th, 2023, 10:43 AM

Welcome
Old December 27th, 2023, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
Wow. Damn that looks like an extremely nice car. Welcome to Classic Oldsmobile. Please share as many pictures and stories as you want. We would all to see them. I love the 70-72 Cutlass Supreme body style.
I am from Denver. Do you know dealer it was sold thru? What color interior?
Thanks. I'll post some more photos later. It was first sold through Poudre Valley Motors in Fort Collins (dealer nameplate is still on the deck lid), but unsure how long it was in use by Olds Motor Division in Denver prior to that. It was later leased to the long-time owner in Oct of 1971 and later purchased outright by him in May of 1976 through Dellenbach Chevrolet in Fort Collins. So that first year that the car was in service is unclear. The car has a black bucket interior with console.
Old December 27th, 2023, 12:27 PM

Very nice. Welcome.
Old December 27th, 2023, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, nice and well preserved.
Old December 27th, 2023, 06:30 PM
Past owned:

Welcome,
And BEAUTIFUL!
Old December 27th, 2023, 07:27 PM

Welcome to the site! Very nice car!
Old December 27th, 2023, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bitter71
Thanks. I'll post some more photos later. It was first sold through Poudre Valley Motors in Fort Collins (dealer nameplate is still on the deck lid), but unsure how long it was in use by Olds Motor Division in Denver prior to that. It was later leased to the long-time owner in Oct of 1971 and later purchased outright by him in May of 1976 through Dellenbach Chevrolet in Fort Collins. So that first year that the car was in service is unclear. The car has a black bucket interior with console.
Fort Collins is a college town CSU. I wonder if that car was owned by someone there. There is another member here that also has a Cutlass Supreme from Fort Collins.
Old December 28th, 2023, 09:21 AM

Fort Collins is a college town CSU. I wonder if that car was owned by someone there. There is another member here that also has a Cutlass Supreme from Fort Collins.
With some research yesterday, I learned that PVM was bought out by Dellenbach in 1970, so they were technically the same dealership. Dellenbach moved to a new larger facility in late 1971. Yes, the long-time owner from Oct of 1971 until his death in May of 2021 lived in Fort Collins. Interesting, that member may know this car.

Old December 28th, 2023, 09:35 AM
Banned

Cool pictures.

Fort Collins just like many small towns have become cities. Fort Collins used to be a small town just like it looks like in the pictures you posted. I can't say that I remember your car. Judging by the mileage it must not have gotten out much. Do you know much history on your car? That is not a common color on that car. I love it. Very nice car.

It is so cool to see the factory speaker in the rear deck too.
Old December 28th, 2023, 09:51 AM

I realize that this isn't everyone's "thing", but I find it pretty amazing that a 53 year old car can remain so untouched under the hood. Here are some photos of the original and dated components still in place. I also verified the starter is original as well, but didn't get a photo of it. Unsure what the yellow chalk markings under the hood refer to?

Old December 28th, 2023, 10:02 AM

Cool pictures.

Fort Collins just like many small towns have become cities. Fort Collins used to be a small town just like it looks like in the pictures you posted. I can't say that I remember your car. Judging by the mileage it must not have gotten out much. Do you know much history on your car? That is not a common color on that car. I love it. Very nice car.

It is so cool to see the factory speaker in the rear deck too.
I'm thinking most of the miles were put on in the first few years of use. I can tell you that it was driven in the snow some as it came with some old matching dual stripe snow tires and one extra wheel. I really don't know anything more about the car other than what I've mentioned. I purchased the car from a lady that knew the owner, she bought the car from his estate after he passed in 2021. She received some old paperwork with the car, but has since moved and hasn't found it all yet. Hoping to get all of that to keep with the car.

Last edited by Bitter71; December 28th, 2023 at 10:29 AM.
Old December 28th, 2023, 10:42 AM
Gary

Welcome to the premier Olds site for correct advice and unlimited admiration.

In that vein, you have a gorgeous car.