79 Olds Regency Brougham-1900 orig. miles

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2008, 05:38 PM

79 Olds Regency Brougham-1900 orig. miles

My mother has this car and I told her I would try to sell it for her. This car is unbelievable. It has right at 1900 original miles. The car is almost, totally original. So far, the battery, tires, and muffler have been replaced. It hasn't been anywhere. It is basically still "new". Still has the "showroom smell" inside. Kept in the garage, all these years. Everything works and it is licensed, tagged, and insured.

Within the last couple of years, the body fillers, in front of the rear bumper have deteriated and cracked. I found some new ones on the net and had them delivered. They are primed and ready to paint. I just figured I would look at the body tag and get the body color off of the tag and buy some spray paint for it. But I can't find the tag anywhere. Believe me, it isn't out in the open where I can see it.

Does anyone know where this tag might be hidden?

Here are some pics on a webpage I made up in 2001. The odometer pictured has about 1700 miles on it. But right now, it is around 1900 miles.
http://www.geocities.com/varmit105/7...?1007635752060

Anyone recognize this color?

Would like to get this done and sell it. This car belongs somewhere special, other than my mom's garage. LOL.

Thanks for the help.
Old September 13th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

That's an incredible car. 1900 original documented miles??? WWooow.
Didn't see the asking price anywhere. How much?
Old September 23rd, 2008, 06:58 PM

Sorry for the delay, been busy.

I thinks it's worth $10,000 to $15,000, myself. Don't think you will find one with this low of mileage on it. So quiet inside, while riding down a bumpy road, it's scary. LOL. May throw it on ebay or something.
Old September 23rd, 2008, 07:17 PM
442=A perfect 10

Originally Posted by Varmit
My mother has this car and I told her I would try to sell it for her. This car is unbelievable. It has right at 1900 original miles. The car is almost, totally original. So far, the battery, tires, and muffler have been replaced. It hasn't been anywhere. It is basically still "new". Still has the "showroom smell" inside. Kept in the garage, all these years. Everything works and it is licensed, tagged, and insured.

Within the last couple of years, the body fillers, in front of the rear bumper have deteriated and cracked. I found some new ones on the net and had them delivered. They are primed and ready to paint. I just figured I would look at the body tag and get the body color off of the tag and buy some spray paint for it. But I can't find the tag anywhere. Believe me, it isn't out in the open where I can see it.

Does anyone know where this tag might be hidden?

Here are some pics on a webpage I made up in 2001. The odometer pictured has about 1700 miles on it. But right now, it is around 1900 miles.
http://www.geocities.com/varmit105/7...?1007635752060

Anyone recognize this color?

Would like to get this done and sell it. This car belongs somewhere special, other than my mom's garage. LOL.

Thanks for the help.
I think that 1979 Olds went to SPID (Service Parts Identification Decal) labels. They were usually located in the trunk area (spare tire cover) inside of trunk lid or on the glove box door. (I think) Otherwise you would have the traditional body tag on the cowl. If you cannot find a body tag on that beautiful car, then look for the SPID label. It will list all option codes (also engineering code nomenclature for things like California emissions etc) including upper and lower paint code.
When I worked in Lansing in 79 I had almost the exact duplicate car but was the dark blue metallic and had the 403 V-8. The car launched well and I won a surprising number of stoplight races.
Good luck with your endeavor.

Fred

Last edited by GoodOldsGuy; September 23rd, 2008 at 07:23 PM.