Non-Oldsmobile Classified Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Bike builder selling an old Honda

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2024, 10:35 PM

Bike builder selling an old Honda

1985 VT700C Shadow for sale. $2800 OBO. I bought this as a non-running basket case bike, missing parts and needing some basic metal fabrication. I went through the whole bike- carbs were rejetted and tuned, fork seals replaced, brake master cylinder rebuilt, new Burly slammer shocks in the rear, all new lighting, hand built seat, metal fabbed the rear fender, reworked the front fender and hand shaped custom bullet fairing in front. The wiring is all redone, air box and filter... it's running a K&N filter for a BMW bike, the air box has been modded to hold the CDI switches (spark module). It's got a after market mini speedo with indicator lights for neutral, high beam, low oil pressure and low fuel. A lot of this bike is hand built, and I'm really happy with the results. There's so much more I did on the build that's not listed- I'll prepare a folder of the build for a buyer to include wiring diagrams to make repairs easy to manage. I've got close to $3000 into the build, I'd like to get my money back. Check it out, and if you think you're interested in the bike, hit me up. It runs and looks great, but the VT700C is a smaller bike. It's probably best for a smaller person. It's fits me very well, I'm 5'6". My idea for the build was to create a cool custom bobber style bike for a young person, beginner rider with a short budget, who wanted a bike that was not like anything else on the road. I think I hit that mark.

The fender is from a Honda 1100 ACE. It's just a big piece of steel I can use to fab the fender I really want. The black marker line is my first guess at where I wanted to chop the fender. The chrome cigar muffler has to go- it's ugly and obnoxiously loud. There's no petcock- notice the hole in the side cover next to the side strap. But I like the white walls and red rims... old skool cool...

ugly exhaust wrap and the flat black engine case. pre-build. Previous owner though the answer to all his problems was to paint every black, apparently...

Burly Slammer fitment for the rear fender fabrication. The chop has begun at this stage, but far from finished...

bike mid build, new polished aluminum engine cases. Notice the wiring and head lamp hanging out of the front of the bike. At this stage, I had no idea how I was going to manage all that. I needed a solution that was both attractive, and functional, and would allow for maintenance .

"tins", painted. This is before the final clear coat and buff, but you can see the rear fender chop. Front fender is pretty much factory, but repaired- I bought it off ebay for $25, it was pretty well beat to ****.

Finished bike. Notice the engine case is shiny now, not flat back as seen in the earlier pictures, and the exhaust has been freshly wrapped and painted black. Those are new slip on mufflers by Emgo, with tunable baffles to balance the back pressure for premium performance and sound. And I love the lollipop mirrors...

The "bonnet fairing" is hand shaped, 16 gauge steel to contain the front wiring cluster and fuse panel, and enhance the head lamp bucket. I think it works well with the sharp angles of the Z shaped handlebars, and frames the mini instrument cluster very well- visible in the next picture...

Instrument cluster, minimalist but fully functional

That's a view from behind, including the custom hand built seat.

Last edited by davek1661; March 4th, 2024 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Adding asking price
Old March 3rd, 2024, 02:26 AM

Pretty cool bike. Per the forum rules please post an asking price. I suggest posting $XXXX OBO. GLWS!