Need some rigging idea or help

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2008, 05:26 PM

Need some rigging idea or help

I have just located a hood to replace the one on my 72 Cutlass and it is approximately 40 miles from here. I have to travel on the interstate across the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel on I-64 with a Ford Ranger but the hood is 57 inches wide and it will have to sit in the bed of the truck at an angle and overhang one side of the truck body about three inches. I cannot figure out what would be the best way to tie it in the truck to keep it from blowing or bouncing out. If someone has done this before or knows how to handle this predicament I'd greatly appreciate your advice.
Thanks!
Old December 3rd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by oju392
I have just located a hood to replace the one on my 72 Cutlass and it is approximately 40 miles from here. I have to travel on the interstate across the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel on I-64 with a Ford Ranger but the hood is 57 inches wide and it will have to sit in the bed of the truck at an angle and overhang one side of the truck body about three inches. I cannot figure out what would be the best way to tie it in the truck to keep it from blowing or bouncing out. If someone has done this before or knows how to handle this predicament I'd greatly appreciate your advice.
Thanks!
Cut a pair of 2x4s the same width as the hood. Place them across the tops of the bed rails. Set the hood on the 2x4s on top of the bed rails (like a bed cover), strap it down, and off you go. If you really want to get fancy, drill holes in one of the 2x4s and bolt it to the hood hinge bolts. This will give you something else to tie down.