Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 OAI hood in good shape, no rust on frame and wire in good shape also

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2010, 10:48 AM

1970 OAI hood in good shape, no rust on frame and wire in good shape also

What price should I ask for this hood? It seems like the prices are all over the place. Oh yea I have a W31 intake also and maybe a GM OAI air cleaner.

I want to price it to sell, yet I don't want to give it away I don't want to be so high it doesn't sell. Whay is realistic?

How about NOS fenders? I know they repo them now but I still see people asking fairly steep prices. What should I ask?

Thanks

PS, I also will be selling NOS tail light lenses and Supreme grills.

Last edited by bkeese; October 28th, 2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old October 28th, 2010, 01:40 PM

ive bought 2 hoods in the last 3 weeks a near mint 71/72 for 1700 and a nice 70 for 1000 on ebay yesterday the 70 has a little surface rust and the paint is chiping but overall its solid, post some pics of them

Last edited by sx455raidercelticfan; October 28th, 2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old October 28th, 2010, 02:11 PM

i know the feeling. with this economy i sometime have no idea where to price the rare stuff. the more common stuff, i just watch what other stuff is selling for on e bay (NOT the buy it now price) and price mine a little less. i may be interested in the W-31 intake.
Old October 28th, 2010, 08:17 PM

What is the date on the bottom of your W31 intake? I have a nice one,but would like a later date.
When it comes to the OAI hoods,the guys with the legit cars will pay the price for the right hood.I own seven OAI hoods,but I don't mind shifting the food chain to get one that might be nicer.I also have an NOS 70 OAI hood that I bought about 10 years ago.
NOS fenders are in the $1000.00-$1200.00 range for truly NOS,never used or mounted fenders.That price is for a matched pair.
Old October 29th, 2010, 05:19 AM
bil

No wonder I can't find one-you guys are hogging them! At least they are in good hands! I would have though they would go for more-I was offered 1200 for mine 20 years ago! ---bil
Old October 29th, 2010, 06:41 AM

Brian,

Did you buy that hood at Carlisle, if so, I saw it there? It was nice but out of my price range.

We had a local Olds dealer in the club and when Olds went under he sold his dealership and sold most of his stuff. I bought a lot from him. I cant remember his name, but you would know it. He had his body man remove the bumps on top of the fenders and I couldn't tell. Is anybody doing this now. I've always thought I could modify a panel flanger to accomplish this.

All of my hoods need a little work but none are bad. What I'm going to sell probably won't make your top 7. The fenders are new in the boxes, I bought them from the Olds dealer after buying the Pace Car. I also bought door skins, rear cont quarters and front bumpers, 2 sets each. I later discovered that the 70 fenders didn't have the bumps on top, so I've collected some nice to perfect 70 fenders, so I can sell the NOS ones. I also bought any NOS stuff I could find at Carlisle over the years. I'm selling the Rallye 350, but keeping the W31 and Pace Car so I can weed my NOS stuff done to 2 sets.

Once I know what I've got I'll post it here.

Thanks for the reply
Bob

Last edited by bkeese; October 29th, 2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old October 30th, 2010, 05:48 AM

My NOS hood came from the new england area.There was a guy up there that had 5 of them,along with a sick amount of other NOS parts.He also had some NOS 71-72 OAI hoods.
Yes,there are guys taking the 71-72 fenders,and flattening the top rail,to get the correct appearance of a 70 fender,but for those that are really sharp,there are 2 other differences.The way the fender is cut or trimmed behind the front bumper is slightly different,but this is not seen when installed.The other major difference is the mounting surface for the inner fender,around the wheel well lips.The 70 fenders have a wider,solid flange,with the holes for the j-nuts to attach the inner fenderwells. The 71-72 fenders have that flange cut back,with individual tabs protruding out,with the holes for the j-nuts.
Are all of your hoods 70,or do you have some 71-72 hoods? I wouldn't mind seeing some of them.I might want to get one.
Old October 30th, 2010, 01:11 PM

The guy Brian is talking about is George Berejik.

His family owned a Olds dealership in Needham, Ma. that was heavily into high performance Olds.

This dealership even sponsored the Smothers Brothers Olds drag cars.

Rumor had it that he had a huge warehouse full of NOS hoods, fenders, bumpers, etc.